And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
The Bayern defence looks ready for the taking I think, especially with Kimmich out of the second leg who was by far their best defender. Sule and Hummels are good when the ball's up in the air but the pace and movement of Liverpool's front 3 should give them all sorts of trouble. Unfortunately for Liverpool they didn't have a great game up top last night, Mane and Salah had a couple of opportunities but couldn't capitalise. Imagine Mane will have a field day up against Rafinha in the 2nd leg.

Liverpool also have the massive bonus of having VVD back as well, and following last nights performance I think Fabinho could do a solid job as a centre-half on a more regular basis, out-played Matip last night, looked very solid. I'd be pretty confident going into the 2nd leg if I was Liverpool, even with their dire away European record this season.

Yep, Fabinho was our best defender last night.

Robbo and Trent gave the ball away too often and in dangerous positions last night. Matip isnt strong enough, quick enough or have enough consistency to ideally be our future and would have him as current 5th choice behind VVD, Gomez, Lovren and even Fabinho.

D

Deleted member 15344

Nothing beats a bit of stereotyping of people - normally reserved for those will little imagination and even smaller IQ

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just watching a programme from last night called WHEN ENGLISH FOOTBALL RULLED EUROPE.

Cannot believe that no one has mentioned it, it is on ITV. Absolutely brilliant. Last night was episode 1 of the series. Put a tape in. Can only apologise when the Liverpool fans go down memory lane and start talking about perms, shell suits, Trophies And Taches again. 😉😁
I think this has been on before. It's been a long time since England really did rule European football but I think the game has changed so much since those days and with so many top European sides awash with the cash to spend on the best players

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I think this has been on before. It's been a long time since England really did rule European football but I think the game has changed so much since those days and with so many top European sides awash with the cash to spend on the best players
Think it has Homer. Missis T txted her brother who said he has seen it and enjoyed it. Tell you what Homer. There was some characters back then. Both managers and players.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Theres a bit where larry lloyd said to Kevin Keegan in the tunnel. “ Kenny Riberts is gonna snap you in half, i can inly apologise”. Flippin eck he did cut him In half as well
Kenny Roberts was half an hour late to a tackle whether he meant it or not. It was great to see and lets not forget the likes of Souness liked to rattle a few shins. In fact, because you could actually tackle a lot of the European sides weren't so keen to play English opposition. That said the Spanish and Italians could dish it out as well

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Kenny Roberts was half an hour late to a tackle whether he meant it or not. It was great to see and lets not forget the likes of Souness liked to rattle a few shins. In fact, because you could actually tackle a lot of the European sides weren't so keen to play English opposition. That said the Spanish and Italians could dish it out as well
Mans game then ,now just cheats and divers.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Sunday is a means towards the end, Sarri will be gone Monday and hopefully Marina who championed him will follow.

His stubbornness holds no bounds, he’s convinced, all on his own, that his way is correct and it will bare fruit eventually, but we all know it won’t!

His CV is testament to his thinking, he’s out of his depth, in some way I don’t blame him, I blame Marina and those that supported her in appointing him, as he’s clearly out of his depth.

Marina needs to go also, she championed Sarri and has left our squad depleted, disjointed & poorly managed with someone who has no winning CV.

We need a proper & knowledgeable dof and a manager with pedigree and understanding of the PL & European game and who understands the players in their squad ASAP, Sarri doesn’t fit into any of these criteria’s.

It’s a mess, we’ve been punching above our weight for months, I’m genuinely surprised we are in the position we are both in the league and in Europe, but it’s only getting tougher now and we all know the set-up each week and who’s playing and who’ll be substituted when and for whom, before they even run onto the pitch, so Sunday will be a crazy day for Chelsea fans, as we’re all expecting another hiding, but are looking to the positive of some changes that will possibly help to bring in some players whilst saving some from leaving with the sacking of Sarri and Marina.