And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Pretty quiet game but worth watching. Henderson was excellent for Liverpool but the front-3 couldn't make the most of the chances provided to them. Thought Gnabry was superb for Bayern as well, gave Robertson a torrid time - had probably the worst game I've seen him have for a while. Have to wonder who at Arsenal decided Iwobi was a stronger talent than Gnabry.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Reds played some good stuff but the final ball just wasn’t there.
It’s happened quite a bit .
But Bayern were very good defence wise and shut us out for most of the game.
We did get half chances but the best two fell to Matip and he’s not the best finisher.
As for the crowd I think Allison quietened a few first half, he’s not learning!

In what sense is Allison not learning, is it a similar fashion to Aderson. When he first started at City. Missis T coined the phrase " just boot it". So did another 40,000 his passing is sublime and fortunately he never listened to Missis T. If it is along the same lines, it will come.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Thought Bayern played a very good away leg,very organized didn’t panic and slowed the game down to a pace that they wanted and nullified Liverpool, not a easy thing normally at Anfield.

Liverpool gave the ball away to many times and the slick passing was not at its best especially up front.

The game will be more open at Bayern which will suit Liverpool but Bayern must be clear favorites to go through imo.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Thought Bayern played a very good away leg,very organized didn’t panic and slowed the game down to a pace that they wanted and nullified Liverpool, not a easy thing normally at Anfield.

Liverpool gave the ball away to many times and the slick passing was not at its best especially up front.

The game will be more open at Bayern which will suit Liverpool but Bayern must be clear favorites to go through imo.

Did not see a single kick of the game, but the Brazilian that played instead of VVD. Was he missed in midfield. Will he bring a bit more slickness and supply to the front three.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Did not see a single kick of the game, but the Brazilian that played instead of VVD. Was he missed in midfield. Will he bring a bit more slickness and supply to the front three.

Yea I think that would have helped as the midfield were not dominant, but he was Liverpool’s best player on the night playing cb I thought.

Alison’s mistake getting the ball stuck in his feet early seemed to me to send a nervousness around the ground which contributed to the lack of atmosphere.

D

Deleted member 1740

I think he was missed out of the middle but he put an excellent performance in deputising for big Virg.

I thought it was a good 1st half but 2nd half we werent paitent enough.

Mane missing/snatching at chances didn't help, hes missed a few chances in the CL this season you'd expect him to put away.

Bayern were excellent though they never really threatened us.

I'd have took a nil nil without VVD, ties not over yet, we might need to score the 1st goal though.

D

Deleted member 1740

Yea I think that would have helped as the midfield were not dominant, but he was Liverpool’s best player on the night playing cb I thought.

Alison’s mistake getting the ball stuck in his feet early seemed to me to send a nervousness around the ground which contributed to the lack of atmosphere.

Im not a fan of Henderson but i thought he was best player for us last night.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site

As a former goalkeeper, I'm not a fan of this passing the ball around the back. I think it puts pressure on yourself.
Lloris has followed suit and it gets me nervous when watching live games

Tashyboy

Visit site
I think he was missed out of the middle but he put an excellent performance in deputising for big Virg.

I thought it was a good 1st half but 2nd half we werent paitent enough.

Mane missing/snatching at chances didn't help, hes missed a few chances in the CL this season you'd expect him to put away.

Bayern were excellent though they never really threatened us.

I'd have took a nil nil without VVD, ties not over yet, we might need to score the 1st goal though.

Can remember when I saw City v Juventus a few seasons ago. We were battering them. My lad said we are gonna get a dozen, he said Juve looked rubbish. I kept going on and on about our missed chances. We lost 2-1, we scored with an og. I kept telling him you have to take your chances at that level. We went out. Same happend a couple of years ago v Monaco.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
In what sense is Allison not learning, is it a similar fashion to Aderson. When he first started at City. Missis T coined the phrase " just boot it". So did another 40,000 his passing is sublime and fortunately he never listened to Missis T. If it is along the same lines, it will come.
Every couple of games he tries something stupid.
If you have one of the best strikers in the world bearing down on you just get rid of it.
Mrs T would make a good goalkeepers coach.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
The Bayern defence looks ready for the taking I think, especially with Kimmich out of the second leg who was by far their best defender. Sule and Hummels are good when the ball's up in the air but the pace and movement of Liverpool's front 3 should give them all sorts of trouble. Unfortunately for Liverpool they didn't have a great game up top last night, Mane and Salah had a couple of opportunities but couldn't capitalise. Imagine Mane will have a field day up against Rafinha in the 2nd leg.

Liverpool also have the massive bonus of having VVD back as well, and following last nights performance I think Fabinho could do a solid job as a centre-half on a more regular basis, out-played Matip last night, looked very solid. I'd be pretty confident going into the 2nd leg if I was Liverpool, even with their dire away European record this season.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
As a former goalkeeper, I'm not a fan of this passing the ball around the back. I think it puts pressure on yourself.
Lloris has followed suit and it gets me nervous when watching live games
I agree. Obviously it comes from the managers now, but I don't think Hugo is great with his feet and he often looks uncomfortable playing that way. Particularly when we have Kane on the field, you wonder why he doesn't just knock it up to his head.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I agree. Obviously it comes from the managers now, but I don't think Hugo is great with his feet and he often looks uncomfortable playing that way. Particularly when we have Kane on the field, you wonder why he doesn't just knock it up to his head.
It’s all about possession and trying to draw them out .but it makes me nervous .
If the CF puts you under pressure row z !

Tashyboy

Visit site
Just watching a programme from last night called WHEN ENGLISH FOOTBALL RULLED EUROPE.

Cannot believe that no one has mentioned it, it is on ITV. Absolutely brilliant. Last night was episode 1 of the series. Put a tape in. Can only apologise when the Liverpool fans go down memory lane and start talking about perms, shell suits, Trophies And Taches again. 😉😁

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just watching a programme from last night called WHEN ENGLISH FOOTBALL RULLED EUROPE.

Cannot believe that no one has mentioned it, it is on ITV. Absolutely brilliant. Last night was episode 1 of the series. Put a tape in. Can only apologise when the Liverpool fans go down memory lane and start talking about perms, shell suits, Trophies And Taches again. 😉😁
Steady on, you'll set Liverbirdie off on another tantrum. :eek:

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Racist