And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 15344

Funny how you only get this enlightenment when you’re winning 🤷‍♂️
It was very quiet after the PSG game - I guess that was a big game , maybe Pogba didn’t play that day. 🙄

D

Deleted member 1740

Really can’t wait for the Utd Liverpool game.
When we win I hope it’s an offside goal,a dive from one of our players to get a penalty and then we will see some real sob stories.

Thats just a usual Yernited win.

D

Deleted member 18588

Stonewall pen for me .
Joke of a decision.

Name me one defender who is not guilty of holding and pulling at corners?

For some reason refs seem reluctant to do anything.

Trouble is when it is defender marking defender as it was last night it ends up with both players pulling and holding each other.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
You took the offside equaliser in '17 too

i was in the gym last night, i onlyseen the last 10/15mins, did Pogba own the midfield?
We will take all offsides lol
I thought VAR was poor last night,the ref asked the question a few times but his decision stood.
It’s certainly not the refs fault on this occasion.
Pogba last night,no definitely not on his own,he was more left side,but I thought Mata and Herrera had good games.
To be honest I don’t like Mata in the middle but it did work.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

Trouble is when it is defender marking defender as it was last night it ends up with both players pulling and holding each other.
I thought this was dealt with really well at the world cup using var but it hasn't been carried through to club football. It's a shame as it is a pet hate of mine.

D

Deleted member 18588

I thought this was dealt with really well at the world cup using var but it hasn't been carried through to club football. It's a shame as it is a pet hate of mine.

You and me both!

As a former centre-forward (My God that ages me) it drives me mad to see.

When did it come to be accepted and for pundits to blithely refer to it as the defender being strong?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
You and me both!

As a former centre-forward (My God that ages me) it drives me mad to see.

When did it come to be accepted and for pundits to blithely refer to it as the defender being strong?
They are the same pundits who think it is okay to go down when brushed unfortunately. It is lazy defending. Do your job properly and you don't need to be holding them. Some aren't even watching the ball, they just have eyes and arms on the attacker, back to the ball. Dreadful stuff.

D

Deleted member 15344

Tough game , really good battle going to be a bit more open in the away leg.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
We've got a fair few Liverpool match goers on here - was the atmosphere as poor as it appeared on TV after the first 10 mins? Usually watching big Liverpool games in Europe midweek ranges from very good to spine tingling. Today it seemed to be quiet, impatient and a bit 'moany' on back of own players a couple of times, especially in second half. Might just be perception on TV.

Not the worst result for Liverpool - should have scored when on top at the end of the first half but Bayern didn't look too great and with no away goal I fancy you'll scare them on the break at their place.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We've got a fair few Liverpool match goers on here - was the atmosphere as poor as it appeared on TV after the first 10 mins? Usually watching big Liverpool games in Europe midweek ranges from very good to spine tingling. Today it seemed to be quiet, impatient and a bit 'moany' on back of own players a couple of times, especially in second half. Might just be perception on TV.

Not the worst result for Liverpool - should have scored when on top at the end of the first half but Bayern didn't look too great and with no away goal I fancy you'll scare them on the break at their place.

I think we sat off Bayern a bit in the first 15 minutes, and they enjoyed a lot of possession, although to give them credit they had a very good shape and were quite cool on the ball.

They didnt get too flustered, but yes it wasnt the usual great atmosphere for this level of game. The performance didnt get the crowd going for longer than 2-3 minutes, but overall we're still in the tie and with VVD to hopefully come back. Finally poised return leg.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

No sorry ,,in a 50/50 fighting for ground i would agree ,but Louis had run around two other players and the Utd player (smalling I think ) still had hold of his shirt , Louis didn’t have hold of anything.
That’s why it ripped because of the force on it.
i Can’t belive VAR didn’t give it, just shows they get it wrong imo.

Your right they all do it you can see why , if they don’t give that there not giving any shirt pulling.
It’s funny really as all teams were warned at the start of last season that shirt pulling would be punished.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Reds played some good stuff but the final ball just wasn’t there.
It’s happened quite a bit .
But Bayern were very good defence wise and shut us out for most of the game.
We did get half chances but the best two fell to Matip and he’s not the best finisher.
As for the crowd I think Allison quietened a few first half, he’s not learning!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Think there cutting down on microphones .
Every time we got a bit of momentum going someone gave the ball away that does quieten the crowd.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
I think we sat off Bayern a bit in the first 15 minutes, and they enjoyed a lot of possession, although to give them credit they had a very good shape and were quite cool on the ball.

They didnt get too flustered, but yes it wasnt the usual great atmosphere for this level of game. The performance didnt get the crowd going for longer than 2-3 minutes, but overall we're still in the tie and with VVD to hopefully come back. Finally poised return leg.

Finely poised indeed. I think you've got a very good chance still. If VvD is back and you nab the first goal you're suddenly massive favourites.