And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
He is a left back from Celtic. We are looking to replace Baines who is coming to the end of his career, off to the US in a years time I suspect. Well deserved if he does as he has been a cracking player for Everton. The bid is about 2-3 times his worth but in the inflated PL market it is the going rate. Decent left backs are in short supply.

Like a lot of the Celtic players that have come to the prem, he will never make it.

oh er hang on a minute.

D

Deleted member 16999

Aye like Van Dyjk, Wanyama, Dalgliesh etc etc [could be some spelling errors there. :whistle:]
2 foreigners and a legend that never actually played in the PL, great advert for Celtic producing talent. :ears:

You’d of been better of saying Celtic had produced loads that made it in the top flight of English Football, that list is full of quality.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Aye like Van Dyjk, Wanyama, Dalgliesh etc etc [could be some spelling errors there. :whistle:]

That was my point DFT, there have been many discussions re players from Scotland and could they make it in the prem. Some have proven they can hence the " oh er hang on a minute" 👍

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Look at Liverpool’s history there’s always a Scot there somewhere.
Some fantastic Scots in the top flight just not as many lately.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
They'll have a crazy amount of attacking talent. KDB, D.Silva, Bernardo, Sane, Sterling, Jesus, Aguero and now Mahrez. Keeping them all happy will be a challenge.

I get the feeling Aguero's time is nearing an end at Man City. Can see him in Spain or Italy before September rolls around.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That was my point DFT, there have been many discussions re players from Scotland and could they make it in the prem. Some have proven they can hence the " oh er hang on a minute" 👍

Yes..Sorry...I was agreeing with you in a clumsy way.;)

BTW there have been a few pretty poor Scottish players who somehow seem to have made it in the EPL.
Some good young players coming through in Scotland now though [he says again:eek:]

Last edited:

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
A couple of Aldershot players have gone to the SPL. Is that a step up? :D

One of our forwards, Denny Johnstone, went to St Johnstone on loan last year, as he wasn't getting enough playing time for us, and made 20 league appearances for them. He couldn't get in the Colchester team in League 2 but moved to the Scottish Premier League and played 20 times. He was released at the end of last season and has now made a permanent switch to Greenock Morton in the Scottish Championship.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Mahrez off to Man City at last for a reported £60m.

Don't understand this one. He's good, but they've got Bernardo Silva who is identical as a player (left-footed right winger) but 4 years younger. Would be better investing the minutes that Mahrez would get into Silva I think.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Don't understand this one. He's good, but they've got Bernardo Silva who is identical as a player (left-footed right winger) but 4 years younger. Would be better investing the minutes that Mahrez would get into Silva I think.

Getting a squad to win on all fronts.