And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 15344

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.go...es-to-join-juventus/bmv10b9msokr1s6xgiedf4rvj

So if this happens it’s going to be the start of some big moves around Europe and the big question is who will Madrid replace him with

Bale is the obvious in house answer with Madrid looking at other areas but if they do want to look outside then surely it’s going to be one of three players

Neymar , Kane or Mbappe

Neymar and Mbappe are the two obvious players with PSG having possible financial issues and needed to balance books so having to sell Neymar and also being unable to pay what’s needed for Mbappe - could even see both arrive with Bale also leaving to Man Utd

Kane is prob the outside bet especially with them not going for Pochettino as manager but still see it as a future transfer

Then the question is what about any of the players at Juve - does that allow Dybala to be available ? Would be a fantastic signing for someone

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
I imagine if it goes ahead (and I'm still not convinced it will) it won't be Dybala that will be on the transfer list, it'll be Higuain and Mandzukic. I see CR7 playing as a centre forward with Dybala in behind or from the left. They'd be mental to let a guy go who's only 24 and has already shown himself to be capable playing LW, RW, CAM and CF at a high level, he's amazing. He should be used in partnership with CR7 not replaced by him.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.go...es-to-join-juventus/bmv10b9msokr1s6xgiedf4rvj

So if this happens it’s going to be the start of some big moves around Europe and the big question is who will Madrid replace him with

Bale is the obvious in house answer with Madrid looking at other areas but if they do want to look outside then surely it’s going to be one of three players

Neymar , Kane or Mbappe

Neymar and Mbappe are the two obvious players with PSG having possible financial issues and needed to balance books so having to sell Neymar and also being unable to pay what’s needed for Mbappe - could even see both arrive with Bale also leaving to Man Utd

Kane is prob the outside bet especially with them not going for Pochettino as manager but still see it as a future transfer

Then the question is what about any of the players at Juve - does that allow Dybala to be available ? Would be a fantastic signing for someone
Kane isn't going there now, he just signed a new contract before the World Cup started. I feel like Neymar might be too difficult and/or controversial since he only left Barca a year ago, so I reckon they'll go all out for Mbappe. I'm not sure how or why it's gone a bit wrong for Bale under Zidane, but the new manager coming in will surely want to have a look at him and possibly use him more, rather than sell him immediately. Mbappe, Bale & Isco would be some frontline.

Can't see Juve letting Dybala go. More likely Higuain, given his age, and the likelihood that Ronaldo will play as a central striker as he usually does nowadays. Dybala is a massive future prospect anyway, they'd be silly to let him go to accommodate a 33 year old Ronaldo.

D

Deleted member 16999

Kane isn't going there now, he just signed a new contract before the World Cup started. I feel like Neymar might be too difficult and/or controversial since he only left Barca a year ago, so I reckon they'll go all out for Mbappe. I'm not sure how or why it's gone a bit wrong for Bale under Zidane, but the new manager coming in will surely want to have a look at him and possibly use him more, rather than sell him immediately. Mbappe, Bale & Isco would be some frontline.

Can't see Juve letting Dybala go. More likely Higuain, given his age, and the likelihood that Ronaldo will play as a central striker as he usually does nowadays. Dybala is a massive future prospect anyway, they'd be silly to let him go to accommodate a 33 year old Ronaldo.
You make complete sense from a footballing point of view.

Look at it from a business pov, could Spurs turn down £175-£200mil? Maybe for this season, but.....

Juve will make Ronaldo’s fee back in shirt sales and sponsorship alone, who he plays with maybe a short term plan.......

Dybala is a prospect, but not all come to fruition, cash in early?

It’s sad that most if not all these deals are looked at as profit/loss rather than success on the pitch.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site

Look at it from a business pov, could Spurs turn down £175-£200mil? Maybe for this season, but.....

Juve will make Ronaldo’s fee back in shirt sales and sponsorship alone, who he plays with maybe a short term plan.......

It’s sad that most if not all these deals are looked at as profit/loss rather than success on the pitch.

IMO.

Don't think any club can justify £88m and £30m a year for a 33 year old really? Juve sell huge numbers of shirts already they aint doing another £88m worth on top.

Mbappe has only just signed permenant for PSG choose them over RM last summer to stay in France so same as Kane too soon after commiting in reality.

Neymar is the key to the whole process

D

Deleted member 16999

IMO.

Don't think any club can justify £88m and £30m a year for a 33 year old really? Juve sell huge numbers of shirts already they aint doing another £88m worth on top.

Mbappe has only just signed permenant for PSG choose them over RM last summer to stay in France so same as Kane too soon after commiting in reality.

Neymar is the key to the whole process
So it will come down to business decisions rather than footballing ones, if they pick up the global support it’s improving the Juve brand.

It’s sad that we look at it from a financial rather than football aspect.

Contracts are the dodgy one, great if Spurs could keep him, but what’s his aspirations for trophies and are there better options, same with Mbappe.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

Kane has literally just signed a new contract, I can't think of any examples where someone was sold immediately after signing a new contract. A year's time is a different story of course. Or even January to be fair. Could depend on how our season is going. But not right now.

Dybala is very clearly an excellent player though. No danger of him not fulfilling potential in my book, since he's already been amazing for them. They might accept a huge offer if one came in, but I think they'd be silly to do so.

D

Deleted member 16999

Kane has literally just signed a new contract, I can't think of any examples where someone was sold immediately after signing a new contract. A year's time is a different story of course. Or even January to be fair. Could depend on how our season is going. But not right now.

Dybala is very clearly an excellent player though. No danger of him not fulfilling potential in my book, since he's already been amazing for them. They might accept a huge offer if one came in, but I think they'd be silly to do so.
But if these rumours have any basis of truth it can be very unsettling for the player and Club,
You mention next summer or even Jan, so in theory he could be sold and loaned back for a year or agree a deal with the club depending on results.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
A young player who is versatile and can provide goals and assists from any of the front 4 positions is worth their weight in gold. Juve would be mental to sell him. 22 goals in 33 games last season - he'd be perfect sat in behind CR7. What a partnership that could be.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just thinking about the Juve team for next season if they sign Ronaldo and they have a potential XI of:

----------------------Perin--------------------
-Cancelo----Chiellini---Benatia-----Sandro----
--------------Matuidi-----Pjanic----------------
---Costa------------Dybala----------Cuadrado---
----------------------CR7-------------------------------

That team is fire. Especially with Barzagli, Rugani, De Sciglio, Can, Khedira, Bentacur, Bernardeschi, Marchisio, Higuain, Mandzukic and Kean in the squad.

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
So it will come down to business decisions rather than footballing ones, if they pick up the global support it’s improving the Juve brand.

It’s sad that we look at it from a financial rather than football aspect.

Contracts are the dodgy one, great if Spurs could keep him, but what’s his aspirations for trophies and are there better options, same with Mbappe.

i think juve are looking at the deal to try and progress in the CL they have had Serie A sewn up for a few years now although Napoli ran them close last year. There is a bit of books balancing with Huguain (esp as Sarri wants him at Chelsea and £50 plus would be difficult to turn down) and maybe Dybala (strange one) being sold Pjanic would make more sense to me.

Football is a business now and all deals have to make fininacial sense to a certain degree for FFP.