And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
I've seen Wolves a few times on the tv now. A really well put together team, classy players in there even when the team hasn't clicked. I think they will need some new blood next year to help them expand their style a little as other teams will not let them play the same way next year. It wont take much adaption though, they have spent well and have good balance.

Funny I've seen Wolves twice live this season and a handful of other times on the TV and every time they have not impressed me at all. Then when I don't watch them and catch them on MOTD they are playing fantastic football and beating top 6 sides!!! They are either very inconsistent in their playing style or they are set up as a purely counter attacking side and the manager has yet to get them to play well when they are the team who needs to do the attacking.

One things for sure, they are in this league for the long run. Good support and a wealthy owner, with a manager who seems to be learning and improving all the time.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
Can't believe Dubravka tried to catch that cross, he should've punched it all day long.
Shame, as he pulled off some good saves earlier on. Would've been priceless 3 points for Toon

considering most keepers these days wouldn't catch a cold it was on odd decision not to punch it clear.

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
I didn't think it was a foul because the keeper misjudged it, is leaning back and never looked like getting hold of the ball before Boly headed it in. Boly makes contact with the ball with his head before any contact with the keeper.

The impartial Newcastle fan in me only sees Boly ‘pinning’ Dubravka down as he tries to jump. Any other suggestion is ludicrous... ;)
But as always if it was the other way round i’d agree entirely with you. I do think Boly ran the risk of it being given though as you don’t tend to get aaay with touching the keeper.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The impartial Newcastle fan in me only sees Boly ‘pinning’ Dubravka down as he tries to jump. Any other suggestion is ludicrous... ;)
But as always if it was the other way round i’d agree entirely with you. I do think Boly ran the risk of it being given though as you don’t tend to get aaay with touching the keeper.
Yeah, as I said in real time it looked like it would definitely be given a foul. Only on the slow motion replay I saw that the keeper had failed to grasp the ball, and Boly then heads it and makes contact afterwards. He's obviously gone in full pelt as it's injury time and they were desperate for a goal.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Funny I've seen Wolves twice live this season and a handful of other times on the TV and every time they have not impressed me at all. Then when I don't watch them and catch them on MOTD they are playing fantastic football and beating top 6 sides!!! They are either very inconsistent in their playing style or they are set up as a purely counter attacking side and the manager has yet to get them to play well when they are the team who needs to do the attacking.

One things for sure, they are in this league for the long run. Good support and a wealthy owner, with a manager who seems to be learning and improving all the time.

We're rubbish on the tele always have been.

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site

I was very surprised it wasn't given, especially given the timing of it.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I've never said 'feed the scousers', I've never used the term 'bindippers' and I have no idea what the Fathers' Day in Liverpool joke is!
I guess that makes me an ignorant dickhead. :rolleyes:

I think ignorant is a bit harsh on yourself 😁

Re the Newcastle game, played with a Geordie fan today, he said if the keeper had punched it we would not be having this conversation now.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Re Wolves, I did say earlier this season I was impressed with them and would upset a few this year. They have had a good first season in the prem with a good foundation to build on.

D

Deleted member 15344

PSG certainly missing Cavani , Neymar a d Rabiot - getting lots of possession but Man Utd comfortable holding them out , not sure why throwing in crosses when Cavani isn’t playing

D

Deleted member 1740

1-1 on those stakes. Think their cb was a lucky boy too, probably what saved Young and early bath tbh.

I never seen that, i'd only just turned over and saw the Young incident. He's a snidey little fecker, dangerous pushing an a opponent at speed like that.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I never seen that, i'd only just turned over and saw the Young incident. He's a snidey little fecker, dangerous pushing an a opponent at speed like that.

Oh I agree. He knew what he was playing at, could have caused proper harm. The cb was less malice, just poorly timed. Ref implied Shaw dived (he didn’t), yet didn’t book him.