And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 1740

Yeah that's fine, you can disagree with my view on an incident, but that shows why VAR would be shocking if applied in such situations. Would ruin what's left of the game, still cause arguments and not actually solve anything its trying to.

It was a tongue in cheek comment regarding VAR but still a poor challenge. Theres a steep drop at the edge of that pitch, i'd guess a good 3ft, Di Maria amd the steward was lucky not to be injured.

I'm against VAR tbh, it should only be used for obvious errors like Milner offside last week and mistaken identity.

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
It was a tongue in cheek comment regarding VAR but still a poor challenge. Theres a steep drop at the edge of that pitch, i'd guess a good 3ft, Di Maria amd the steward was lucky not to be injured.

I'm against VAR tbh, it should only be used for obvious errors like Milner offside last week and mistaken identity.

Literally the only 2 reasons (throw in goal line tech too) that I agree with for VAR. But even then with offsides you currently get the Kane situation v Chelsea so I'm not really convinced it's worth it all.

As for the challenge, shoulder barge, on the pitch. Not a foul in the center circle so it isn't on the wing either - what's off the pitch is irrelevant. Imo of course 👍🏻

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
We’ve been awful. Can’t deny it. But what a ref. Books early. Realises he’s been over zealous so stops booking anyone who’s already been booked and then clearly sent Young off and had to be convinced which black man made the tackle.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
We’ve been awful. Can’t deny it. But what a ref. Books early. Realises he’s been over zealous so stops booking anyone who’s already been booked and then clearly sent Young off and had to be convinced which black man made the tackle.

refs had a far better game than most of them wearing red

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Pogba should be off there, horror tackle on a yellow

Young off for dissent?

He did the exact challenge a few weeks back, can't remember who against. He goes to protect the ball by stepping over and shadowing it, then a quick turn and you look fantastic with defenders left for dead..

The problem is if you're second best like he just was you end up coming from above and scraping down the leg of the defender, and the tackle ends up being one close to a straight red

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

If that’s the case, surely young should’ve taken the hit?

Although var maybe involved

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tuchel out-worked Solskjaer tactically. Having Marquinhos man-mark Pogba and stick to him like glue was a master stroke and freed up Verratti to run the midfield, which he did magnificently. Mbappe will get all the headlines, but Marquinhos and Verratti were the key to PSG winning tonight. Hard to see United getting back into it as well, especially now that they're definitely without Pogba and possibly without Martial and Lingard as well. Not a good night for them.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Willing to be corrected but it look like the ref was explaining to Utd’s captain, Young, why he gave Pogba a second yellow, rather than any mistaken identity.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Two soft goals

But the result was a fair reflection.

IMO defense still our weakness. Once PSG realised and pushed on instead of dropping off they bossed the game.

Shows there's more work to do than just appoint Olé.

Pogba deserved to go. Has got away with a lot of the stuff that got him sent off tonight for a while.

Mbappe's electric isn't he? Makes Martial look pedestrian :eek:

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Willing to be corrected but it look like the ref was explaining to Utd’s captain, Young, why he gave Pogba a second yellow, rather than any mistaken identity.
I reckon that’s what he’ll claim but it really appeared otherwise.

D

Deleted member 1740

He did the exact challenge a few weeks back, can't remember who against. He goes to protect the ball by stepping over and shadowing it, then a quick turn and you look fantastic with defenders left for dead..

The problem is if you're second best like he just was you end up coming from above and scraping down the leg of the defender, and the tackle ends up being one close to a straight red

Against Spurs, he was lucky he wasn’t sent off that day.

4LEX

Visit site
Paul Pogba is the most overrated footballer in the history of football. Bangs a few against Championship sides and dances like he's the big man. Tonight against not even a top midfield he was second best, an also ran, a passenger, liability and a fraud. Man Utd won't win the title or CL with this giant baby in central midfield. Embarrassing. Great for social media likes and record advertising but usless when it counts.

Ole has been incredibly lucky in a few games and enjoyed the easiest run of fixtures you'll ever get. Tonight he was out of his depth. Man Utd were the better side in the first half marginally, but in the second a proper manager changed the game plan and PSG ran the show. Not even a hint of a fight. Toothless.