And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 1740

Paul Pogba is the most overrated footballer in the history of football. Bangs a few against Championship sides and dances like he's the big man. Tonight against not even a top midfield he was second best, an also ran, a passenger, liability and a fraud. Man Utd won't win the title or CL with this giant baby in central midfield. Embarrassing. Great for social media likes and record advertising but usless when it counts.

Ole has been incredibly lucky in a few games and enjoyed the easiest run of fixtures you'll ever get. Tonight he was out of his depth. Man Utd were the better side in the first half marginally, but in the second a proper manager changed the game plan and PSG ran the show. Not even a hint of a fight. Toothless.

Bit of an overreaction, no?

i only seen the last 10mins of the 1st half and the whole of the 2nd half and although his performance wasn't the best, he wasnt the only poor performer out there.

WTF has happened to Sanchez? He looks like hes caught Torresitis, he looks a shadow of his former self.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Paul Pogba is the most overrated footballer in the history of football. Bangs a few against Championship sides and dances like he's the big man. Tonight against not even a top midfield he was second best, an also ran, a passenger, liability and a fraud. Man Utd won't win the title or CL with this giant baby in central midfield. Embarrassing. Great for social media likes and record advertising but usless when it counts.

Ole has been incredibly lucky in a few games and enjoyed the easiest run of fixtures you'll ever get. Tonight he was out of his depth. Man Utd were the better side in the first half marginally, but in the second a proper manager changed the game plan and PSG ran the show. Not even a hint of a fight. Toothless.
Who do you support?

D

Deleted member 15344

Bit of an overreaction, no?

i only seen the last 10mins of the 1st half and the whole of the 2nd half and although his performance wasn't the best, he wasnt the only poor performer out there.

WTF has happened to Sanchez? He looks like hes caught Torresitis, he looks a shadow of his former self.

No idea what’s happened to Sanchez - before going to UTD he was one of the best in the league - now just looks a shadow of that ? Maybe he knows it was prob the wrong move for him

Pogba was very well marked in the game and he just can’t find his own space or shake of that marker. It looked like Utd under Mourinho - they seemed to lose the bounce they had

Wolf

Visit site
Sanchez I think is very much an overly emotional player. He needs to feel loved and like the ultimate superstar in the team above anyone else.

When he broke through in Italy he was exactly this, went to Barca and whilst had a decent spell there was obviously always in the shadows of Messi and Neymar so wanted his move to be the bog player again which he got when we signed him, he had a couple decent seasons with us where he was on fire and then he gets bored because he thinks as the star he is now carrying the team and wants a bigger move again for more trophies, he gets that move to Utd only to find he isn't the biggest fish in the pond again starts sulking as tactics aren't set up to please him and now he is stuck back in his sulky, lazy not performing rut and will want another move.

D

Deleted member 1740

No idea what’s happened to Sanchez - before going to UTD he was one of the best in the league - now just looks a shadow of that ? Maybe he knows it was prob the wrong move for him

Pogba was very well marked in the game and he just can’t find his own space or shake of that marker. It looked like Utd under Mourinho - they seemed to lose the bounce they had

It wasnt that bad.

i wonder when Pogba will start owning midfields like Hargreaves did?

D

Deleted member 18121

Just seen the Ashley Young incident.....wasn't even a foul, let alone anything worse.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It was a cheap shot that could have left him seriously injured. Young has played long enough at that ground to know the drop and what is there to greet you. It was unnecessary.
That was on Di Maria, right? Considering they played together when he was at Utd, I thought there might have been some leftover aggro there. Perhaps they never got on.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
That was on Di Maria, right? Considering they played together when he was at Utd, I thought there might have been some leftover aggro there. Perhaps they never got on.
Yes, that's the one. I didn't see the game but that was shown by BBC or Sky this morning along with other key moments. It probably wasn't a foul on the pitch but he knew what he was doing and the possible implications. Maybe they didn't get on, still cheap though.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Paul Pogba is the most overrated footballer in the history of football. Bangs a few against Championship sides and dances like he's the big man. Tonight against not even a top midfield he was second best, an also ran, a passenger, liability and a fraud. Man Utd won't win the title or CL with this giant baby in central midfield. Embarrassing. Great for social media likes and record advertising but useless when it counts.

Possibly the most ridiculous post I've seen for a long while.
Just hilarious.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes, that's the one. I didn't see the game but that was shown by BBC or Sky this morning along with other key moments. It probably wasn't a foul on the pitch but he knew what he was doing and the possible implications. Maybe they didn't get on, still cheap though.
Not condoning either, but DiMaria was quite clearly giving it the crowd as well early on.

I've no idea if it was a response to something, or what kind of person he is, but him being decked looked motivated by retribution as opposed to intent to harm.

All speculation, who knows, maybe DiMaria has been selling pics of Young's mum in the bath?

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Last paragraph an illustration of how pointless speculating is when you don't know the facts.

Before anyone jumps and argues it was actually pics of his cat in underwear :)

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site

For Gods sake shut up, don't let them know he's useless. He just Carlton Palmer in disguise!!!!! LOL

4LEX

Visit site
Possibly the most ridiculous post I've seen for a long while.
Just hilarious.

He's a very good footballer with incredible talent but he's not even the third best midfielder in Manchester, let alone the world. He's been at Man Utd for almost three seasons and what's he actually done? Peak of his career, world record transfer and he's achieved almost nothing. He's turned up in about 2 big games and gone missing in the rest.

He's strong, has quick feet, great engine, brilliant long range passing, can cross, shoot from range and is good in the air. He's got everything a modern midfielder wants. The flip side is he can't keep things simple and is a liability defensively. Throw in his attitude, ego and awful workrate and you've got a player that is the most overrated currently playing. The best in the world are judged on their performances in the big games, the CL and winning league titles, not on scoring against Fulham, having a quirky penalty and doing a few DABS.

Even the well known bottler Di Maria turned up last night! I've been lucky enough to see the likes of Modric, Eriksen, Silva and Messi in big games over the last few years and they run games, they don't get man marked out of them. That's the difference between true world class and Pogba.

4LEX

Visit site
I'm not sure he'll answer that one.

Not a Premiership side! But I do reserve a special respect for Man Utd as my preference for football is high tempo with wingers and that's the football they used to play when I was growing up. Arsenal and Man Utd in the 90's was proper football. Powerful midfielders, lightening wingers and amazing strike partnerships. These days City actually bore me most weeks. Liverpool and Spurs play the most exciting football.