And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I kind of know what he means. City are kind of too clinical, they just try and score the same goal over and over again. Get it out wide, outside the full back, pull it across for a tap-in. It's like watching a 13 year old kid playing Fifa when he's worked out the exact formula that produces the most goals. Not always great to watch.

When Pep brought in Mahrez, it was supposed to be because he expected teams to sit back and pack the defences. (The thought was Mahrez had better control in and around the box as Sterling and Sane are more direct with pace). Then hit on the break. Newcastle did it excellently. City have struggled against 5 at the back with four sat in front. What you describe is what City have had to do. Citys win over Chelsea was totally differant from what i have seen for a couple of years. In the sense that they scored a couple from outside the box. Chelsea went nose to nose and struggled with four at the back.
It may be boring to some to watch, but with Sane, KDB, Silvas, Aguero, Jesus and others in the team. The anticipation of "something special going happen" is always there. And it usually does.

4LEX

Visit site
I kind of know what he means. City are kind of too clinical, they just try and score the same goal over and over again. Get it out wide, outside the full back, pull it across for a tap-in. It's like watching a 13 year old kid playing Fifa when he's worked out the exact formula that produces the most goals. Not always great to watch.

That's exactly it! And some weeks they only really go at it 50% and still win with ease (Wolves, Huddesfield recently). When they're at it full throttle they're amazing to watch though.
When Pep brought in Mahrez, it was supposed to be because he expected teams to sit back and pack the defences. (The thought was Mahrez had better control in and around the box as Sterling and Sane are more direct with pace). Then hit on the break. Newcastle did it excellently. City have struggled against 5 at the back with four sat in front. What you describe is what City have had to do. Citys win over Chelsea was totally differant from what i have seen for a couple of years. In the sense that they scored a couple from outside the box. Chelsea went nose to nose and struggled with four at the back.
It may be boring to some to watch, but with Sane, KDB, Silvas, Aguero, Jesus and others in the team. The anticipation of "something special going happen" is always there. And it usually does.

I think Pep needs Mendy fully fit and Walker in top form before we'll see his full masterplan. Theres still another level City can reach.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well that's just because you have fantastic players, and infinite money with which to buy them, of course they're capable of special goals. You have it the wrong way round though - Pep's actual football blueprint is to get it out wide, and cut it into the box for a tap-in. That's what he is telling them to do because it's the most high percentage chance of scoring. Everyone has noticed Sterling getting into the box brilliantly and scoring lots of tap-ins the last two years, that is all Pep's coaching and instruction which he has followed to the letter. When they've successfully got the ball out wide on the left, the right winger has to be in the box backing up the striker so they have more chance of a tap-in.

When teams have sat back and not allowed you that space in behind, THAT'S when you have to resort to a special hit from De Bruyne, or Silva or someone.

Tashyboy

Visit site
That's exactly it! And some weeks they only really go at it 50% and still win with ease (Wolves, Huddesfield recently). When they're at it full throttle they're amazing to watch though.

I think Pep needs Mendy fully fit and Walker in top form before we'll see his full masterplan. Theres still another level City can reach.

Heard a rumour at the last game that Walker is not happy living in Manchester. Now seeing as he is from Sheffield which is not a million miles away. Hmmm. He had had a poor season.

D

Deleted member 15344

Declan Rice has decided he'd rather play for England. Get him called up Gareth!
Umm seen him a couple of times and does look composed on the ball BUT is he just a solid player who will sit in front of the back four - a bit like Dier ?Is the Dortmund player right and we go a bit over the top about young players ?

Tashyboy

Visit site
Sorry fella, I'm easily confused these days. (y)

just hope he also decides he wants to play for Man United in the not too distant.
I rate him extremely highly.

i thought you were confused that should say City 😁😉

That aside I see the WBA player is being charged with conning the refs for diving last night. It was a belter of a dive. Kane, Salah, Sterling etc would of been proud of that one.

D

Deleted member 15344

Sancho is one hell of a talent , just glides Past players with ease - why the heck did City sell him ?! He would have saved them whatever they paid for Mahrez

That’s a shocking trip from Sissoko and how the hell did the ref not see it in front of him

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Declan Rice has decided he'd rather play for England. Get him called up Gareth!
I've no doubt Southgste will give him a call up and see what he's about at this level. If nothing else he gives another option and hopefully he can develop. He's got time and I've no doubt he'll move on from West Ham but the question then has to be will he get game time or be a bench warmer

Tashyboy

Visit site
Sancho is one hell of a talent , just glides Past players with ease - why the heck did City sell him ?! He would have saved them whatever they paid for Mahrez

That’s a shocking trip from Sissoko and how the hell did the ref not see it in front of him

Unfortunately he was adamant he wanted to go. He was promised more game time at Dortmund than at City and it was a massive draw. Apparantly City have first Dibs on a buy back but think it could be a hair few quid. Totally agree re the Mahrez comment and think that was one of the reasons he went.