And, we’re off.......2018/2019

GG26

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Great second half from Spurs. The confidence just grew as the game went on.

In the league, if they beat Burnley and Man Utd beat Liverpool, both quite possible, there will only be two points between the top three. May be this season’s dark horses, or will fall away at some point as usual.

D

Deleted member 1740

VAR strikes again, 3 minutes to find a player is offside by a pubes length is shocking.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well who saw that coming last night?? At 1-0 I thought we've done well here, just hang on and no away goal but it'll still be tough in the 2nd leg. Then we bang two late goals and make it a bit easier! In fairness we're known for late goals and apparently Dortmund conceded some late goals in their last league game, so we should have known it was on the cards.

Just how bloody good is Vertonghen though, seriously? That guy is just so ridiculously good at football. Normally plays centre back, stick him left wing back and he gets an assist and a goal! Unreal player. Underrated as well I think.

Must say, Sancho did look the bees knees last night, he's some talent. Chelsea's new acquisition on the other flank though was completely invisible.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well who saw that coming last night?? At 1-0 I thought we've done well here, just hang on and no away goal but it'll still be tough in the 2nd leg. Then we bang two late goals and make it a bit easier! In fairness we're known for late goals and apparently Dortmund conceded some late goals in their last league game, so we should have known it was on the cards.

Just how bloody good is Vertonghen though, seriously? That guy is just so ridiculously good at football. Normally plays centre back, stick him left wing back and he gets an assist and a goal! Unreal player. Underrated as well I think.

Must say, Sancho did look the bees knees last night, he's some talent. Chelsea's new acquisition on the other flank though was completely invisible.
Great result last night should be a hum dinger over there and the place will be rocking.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Cost united almost 20m to sack Mourinho and his team it seems

Clubs are totally out of control of the financials in the game, all the power with the agents, mgrs and players

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Clubs are totally out of control of the financials in the game, all the power with the agents, mgrs and players

£20m to you is not the same as £20m to Man Utd. They are definitely not "out of control" for paying it as they will easily absorb that cost.

4LEX

Visit site
Sancho is one hell of a talent , just glides Past players with ease - why the heck did City sell him ?! He would have saved them whatever they paid for Mahrez

That’s a shocking trip from Sissoko and how the hell did the ref not see it in front of him

He's different class and will be one of the best wingers in the world soon.

Poch really is something else. His net spend is something like £400m less than Man Utd's or Man City's in the time he's been at the club and he still keeps working his magic. The team is so well coached, has the right attitude and plays beautiful football. Vertongehen is top class and definitely back to his best - looked a bit shakey earlier in the season! Doesn't help not having a settled partner or Dier infront of him every week though.

Pulisic isn't much of a player at all. Looks one dimensional whenever I've seen him and lacks quality infront of goal. They've got to be up there with Man Utd for the sheer volume of rubbish they've wasted in the last few years. Bakayoko and Morata were £120m whilst Lukaku and Fred cost the same!

Great to see Spurs in the next round, they were so unlucky against Juve last season.

GreiginFife

Money List Winner
Visit site
£20m to you is not the same as £20m to Man Utd. They are definitely not "out of control" for paying it as they will easily absorb that cost.

I agree with that notionally. What I do think is nuts in football (although I acknowledge it happens in other businesses infrequently) is sacked managers getting payouts. You or I get sacked for performance related issued, we would just be thankful the door didn't hit our arses on the way out. Do they not have targets relating to performance in their contracts? Just find it mind boggling as a possibility.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Playing a pub team, and losing. Wow. These guys have not played for a month.

Mind you, I don't think our lot have played for years.

so complacent, left our best 3 midfielders out (2 of them are still in England) and Aubameyang on the bench. multiple times players have lost the ball and not bothered chasing

we really arent good enough to be complacent, even against a pub team!