And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Amazing turnaround for utd so full marks for Solskjaer.

Not sure about this quote though....

“Anthony Martial has the talent to reach Cristiano Ronaldo's level”

😂😂😂

Well, let's wait and see!
A few weeks ago it seemed impossible that United could get top four by the end of the season and they're already there with a dozen games to go!

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
What's the story behind playing that song, City have played it before, but as I mentioned to Missis. I cannot remember who the teams were so what's the significance behind it. 👍
I had to google it. Apparently it is played by Chelsea after they win. Is that right Chelsea fans?

I'm guessing the tannoy bloke was having a bit of fun but has got his wrists slapped. Where there any Chelsea fans in the ground left to hear it?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I had to google it. Apparently it is played by Chelsea after they win. Is that right Chelsea fans?

I'm guessing the tannoy bloke was having a bit of fun but has got his wrists slapped. Where there any Chelsea fans in the ground left to hear it?
Potentially, but they had all converted to being City fans by then anyway. (y)

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site

Shame he didn't play Liquidator/Skin Head moonstomp. City could have been chanted in place of Chelsea

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What's the story behind playing that song, City have played it before, but as I mentioned to Missis. I cannot remember who the teams were so what's the significance behind it. 👍

Chelsea always play it after a big home win (same as we do for YNWA, but only after big/important wins). I'm quite sure that they would have played it after they beat City earlier in the season.

I think/thought the City DJ done it as an up yours to Chelsea, but if you have played it before, fair enough.....your just copycats, then.:p

Which one, Tash?

D

Deleted member 1740

It was very clearly a penalty, and very clearly not a booking for the lad either.

I said the Leicester one was "just about a pen" so you've misquoted me. I always said Son's one was a clear penalty.

Apologies, you're correct.

D

Deleted member 1740

I hope so, i thought it was funny!!

I remember in 2001 when we knocked Roma out at Anfield and at the end "the voice" very aptly played Arrivederci Roma.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I hope so, i thought it was funny!!

I remember in 2001 when we knocked Roma out at Anfield and at the end "the voice" very aptly played Arrivederci Roma.
The media gets a bit huffy about these things but I like a bit of humour along these lines. A bit of thought and planning goes into it, it makes people smile. I get that we don't want riots to occur but as long as you don't push the boundaries too far it is fair game.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Apparently, Watford played Al Wilson's classic 1960's track "the snake" before the game as well.

Who needs a "libero", a "watercarrier" or a "wing back" - just get yourself a good DJ.(y)

4LEX

Visit site
Yep, that’s definitely been shown by our last two managers being easy and cheap options, hasn’t it?

Remind me who appointed those managers in the first place?! LVG and Mourinho were second or third choices after he failed to get in the right managers. Woodward hasn't got what it takes to take Levy on for Poch.

Man Utd have a huge challenge ahead to topple City and a ruthless Liverpool side who are getting stronger each season. They've got an issue with egos and problem players that will surface again once a few results go against them. It needs an elite manager like Poch who has worked miracles on a buget and is ready for the next step.

Terrific finish in a game he totally bossed.
I would argue that he's the best outfield player in the Premier League right now.

He did run that game but he needs to do it against proper teams. PSG, Chelsea (they'll still be a test at home) and Liverpool up next will be a better test. In my view he's all style over substance and a liability in the big games by and large. He's exactly the opposite of what Ferguson and Man Utd were built upon. Forget the goals against Cardiff, Huddesfield and Fulham, he's got to do that against the best before he can be put anywhere near the likes of De Bruyne, D Silva, Salah, Hazard, Eriksen etc.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Chelsea always play it after a big home win (same as we do for YNWA, but only after big/important wins). I'm quite sure that they would have played it after they beat City earlier in the season.

I think/thought the City DJ done it as an up yours to Chelsea, but if you have played it before, fair enough.....your just copycats, then.:p

Which one, Tash?

To be honest am not sure because like I say, I have heard it before at City games, but never really took notice which teams we were playing. And I never knew the significance of the song til it was mentioned on here. Re copying others. Read a lovely piece the other day where City used to sing YNWA regularly at games. It was dropped when Liverpool started singing it 😳😁👍

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
To be honest am not sure because like I say, I have heard it before at City games, but never really took notice which teams we were playing. And I never knew the significance of the song til it was mentioned on here. Re copying others. Read a lovely piece the other day where City used to sing YNWA regularly at games. It was dropped when Liverpool started singing it 😳😁👍

There has always been a perennial Celtic vs Liverpool being the first to start singing it regularly, but never seen City in the equation.

Loads of fans used to sing YNWA in the 1970's as was sometimes seen as more of a general football song (and yes, even Man United).

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
There has always been a perennial Celtic vs Liverpool being the first to start singing it regularly, but never seen City in the equation.

Loads of fans used to sing YNWA in the 1970's as was sometimes seen as more of a general football song (and yes, even Man United).

Googled it coz i thought it was fake news. Loads on the net re celtic and Liverpool. Apparantly City used to sing it to the utd crowd when it was in Carousel. 😳

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think Spurs' equivalent is probably 'when the Spurs go marching in'. Unfortunately some years ago Southampton hijacked it and changed 'Spurs' to 'Saints'. Bit embarrassing from them and sadly cheapens it a bit for us. :(

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
To show my lack of bias here are two cringeworthy songs from Man Utd.

M U M U F M U F C O K

Take me hoooome, United roooaaaad

Uuugggghhhh.