And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 15344

Terrific finish in a game he totally bossed.
I would argue that he's the best outfield player in the Premier League right now.

I think you're absolutely bob on with the above.
I'd also argue that our squad is as good as any in the PL with the exception of the centre backs.

Even more so when Lukaku is mainly used as a back up or second choice - for me the best thing Solskear did was put Rashford in the centre forward and then surround him by players like Martial and recently Sanchez - that front three could frighten anyone. Also just letting Pogba roam - it’s how he played at Juve and also for France - two guys do the dirty work and he does the creative stuff.

The backline will be the one that could trip up the team - hoping that it’s ok for the City game.

The question is now is it the new returning manager bounce and do the club give him the summer with a big budget and next year ? Or spend big on getting Pochettino ?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Even more so when Lukaku is mainly used as a back up or second choice - for me the best thing Solskear did was put Rashford in the centre forward and then surround him by players like Martial and recently Sanchez - that front three could frighten anyone. Also just letting Pogba roam - it’s how he played at Juve and also for France - two guys do the dirty work and he does the creative stuff.

The backline will be the one that could trip up the team - hoping that it’s ok for the City game.

The question is now is it the new returning manager bounce and do the club give him the summer with a big budget and next year ? Or spend big on getting Pochettino ?

I thin that has played its part. I also think Phelan is a major contributor the tactics, Ole was imo a fan pleaser decision more than anything else.

D

Deleted member 15344

I thin that has played its part. I also think Phelan is a major contributor the tactics, Ole was imo a fan pleaser decision more than anything else.
Paul Ince said as much on the Football Club last night - it was one of his reasons why he said that Him ,Bruce etc could have gone in there and done the same job. Also there is the question of what input has come from Ferguson

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Paul Ince said as much on the Football Club last night - it was one of his reasons why he said that Him ,Bruce etc could have gone in there and done the same job. Also there is the question of what input has come from Ferguson

Tbf i think Ince likes to think a lot of himself, he's a much better manager in the studio than on the bench. That being said, there we moments during the game where Phelan was certainly giving the orders today.

D

Deleted member 1740

I’m surprised they’re still listening to him after Moyes,LVG and Mourinho ☺️

D

Deleted member 16999

It was Ole who asked for Phelan according to the reports at the time, Phelan didn’t really do anything when given a chance as a manager with other clubs, surely Ole gets the credit for his whole team, as I’m sure the fingers would of been pointed at him if it had gone wrong.

D

Deleted member 1740

It was Ole who asked for Phelan according to the reports at the time, Phelan didn’t really do anything when given a chance as a manager with other clubs, surely Ole gets the credit for his whole team, as I’m sure the fingers would of been pointed at him if it had gone wrong.

Didn’t Moyes get lots of criticism when he bombed Phelan out?

D

Deleted member 16999

Didn’t Moyes get lots of criticism when he bombed Phelan out?
He did I believe, Phelan was seen as one of Fergies backroom staff and Moyes wanted his own team, rightly or wrongly, clubs tend to allow new managers to bring a few of their own or all of the backroom staff.

D

Deleted member 1740

A decent win today , sounded like their keeper had a blinder to keep the score down , Keita sounds like he is finding his feet and the front three looking better - now to see if Chelsea can get something of City

The fourth spot looks like it’s going to go to the wire

Watford and Wolves now having a little gap to the mid table runners - bet Watford enjoyed beating Everton - 12 games they have lost now ! Is Silva really a step forward .

Relegation i think it’s safe that Huddersfield unfortunately are down and Fulham must do something special to stay up - then there must one from 6 who could go down

We were superb today from the off.

The midfield was a massive improvement on the last 2 games The passing was better, faster and in areas to cause problems. The front 3 were facing their goal more and that came from Fabinho, he was excellent.

We missed Clyne though......

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
And you believe that do you.
What has Bruce and Ince ever done in management of significance.

You know absolutely nothing about football and even more so Utd.
It amazes me that you can question someone and what he’s doing without one iota of knowledge of what’s going on behind closed doors.
If it was Klopp that was on an 11 game unbeaten run he would already be named King Klopp.

And as for Kieta finding his feet lol he’s been a right flop so far.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I'd give Ole credit for two things, improving the atmosphere, and also for being honest with himself and asking for Phelan. I'm bot i'd give any manager credit for simply taking a job and putting themselves on the line.

D

Deleted member 16999

I'd give Ole credit for two things, improving the atmosphere, and also for being honest with himself and asking for Phelan. I'm bot i'd give any manager credit for simply taking a job and putting themselves on the line.
Phelan is still the sporting director to an Australian club and they’ve only agreed to a 5 month gap, it’ll be interesting if he stays on (believe he would) if Ole gets the job full time.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Phelan is still the sporting director to an Australian club and they’ve only agreed to a 5 month gap, it’ll be interesting if he stays on (believe he would) if Ole gets the job full time.

I think he would stay and support whoever is manager if he was asked tbh.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
If it had and in the future it goes bad Oli will lose his job and get blamed and people’s would be saying the jobs too big.
People are making out because Paul Ince says he and Bruce could have done it,it is easy.
Absolute end bells.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Penalty for Burnley.this is the worst decision I have seen this year.
Burnley defender playing basketball before the break away .
Ref should be asked to explain this one.