And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 1740

Best Premier league team ever are you serious.
This is by a long shot nowhere near the best Liverpool team ever but your above the best premier team ever,Do is a favour.

I bet there is not one Manchester Utd fan that doesn’t want Spurs to win the title over City or Liverpool,and I bet you would struggle to find a Utd supporter who would want Liverpool to win over City.

Gloating and goading other teams fans is what football is all about.
Banter is another thing altogether.
Your post tells me you don’t understand the hatred Liverpool fans have over Utd and Visa Versa.

I have great mates who support Liverpool and I can promise this if they win the league they will go on about it for months.

Ignore.

D

Deleted member 15344

I think pokerjoke knows that and is baffled how anyone could make that call about City.

As I said in the post “according to media “ :rolleyes:

Guess that bit wasn’t read

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....e-greatest-premier/1hkqku7nfhp461mmcsi8ciehw3

Stats have them pretty much top

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....-the-greatest-pl-team-of-all-time_316204.html

Loads have talked about them being the best ever 100 points etc etc- or because Liverpool are going neck and neck with them it’s not valid anymore

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think pokerjoke knows that and is baffled how anyone could make that call about City.
It may have something to do with them achieving the record points total last season. So by the only quantifiable measure, the best PL team ever. :geek:

Obviously this season they've not been quite as good as that. But man for man it's pretty much the same team + Mahrez.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
As I said in the post “according to media “ :rolleyes:

Guess that bit wasn’t read

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....e-greatest-premier/1hkqku7nfhp461mmcsi8ciehw3

Stats have them pretty much top

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp....-the-greatest-pl-team-of-all-time_316204.html

Loads have talked about them being the best ever 100 points etc etc- or because Liverpool are going neck and neck with them it’s not valid anymore
No I read it,and of course I read it as City,Christ if anyone thought I meant Liverpool or Spurs then they need a reality check.
As there are many on here who have been watching football for over 40 years I’m well capable of making my own decisions who is the best team ever I don’t need media.

Stats are bull,getting 100 points means nothing as 100% of this would be down to the strength and depth of the opposition.

D

Deleted member 15344

sorry i misread the post.

City are being touted by lots of people in media and football as being the best PL team.

Exactly - for the past 12 months there have been many fans/pundits etc etc all stating they see the current City side as the Best Prem side they have seen - so it’s got to be great for both Spurs and Liverpool to be challenging right now when no one could get near them last season and it’s the same team plus another addition in Mahrez.

Either way it’s going to be a cracking rest of the season and its good to see the team going forward .

D

Deleted member 18121

I have great mates who support Liverpool and I can promise this if they win the league they will go on about it for months.

As is their right IMO. Name one set of fans that doesn't sing about being champions for the entirety of the next season....whether it being league or Champions league etc thats whats so good about being a football fan, you've got to enjoy the good times, they may not come around again too soon!

Now, if Santa could fix it so that Man Utd and Spurs finish outside the top 4 and win naff all for the foreseeable future, I'd be happy!

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
As is their right IMO. Name one set of fans that doesn't sing about being champions for the entirety of the next season....whether it being league or Champions league etc thats whats so good about being a football fan, you've got to enjoy the good times, they may not come around again too soon!

Now, if Santa could fix it so that Man Utd and Spurs finish outside the top 4 and win naff all for the foreseeable future, I'd be happy!
I think you will find I was in agreement,proper supporters will dish it out for sure.
You need to read the other posts to get the picture.

D

Deleted member 18121

I think you will find I was in agreement,proper supporters will dish it out for sure.
You need to read the other posts to get the picture.

Yes I got that, I think the tone of my post didnt come across quite how I meant it! (y)

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
So Zaha, quite rightly, just got an extra 1 game ban for clapping the ref even after getting sent off for doing exactly the same thing earlier. Hope he will learn.

However, Ashley Barnes gets booked for diving for Burnley but is then caught on camera screaming abusive language into the face of the linesman for a prolonged period of time, while flailing his arms around and gobbing in between breathes. Result......nothing from the Premier League.

I would argue Barnes behaviour is far worse than Zaha's and does the game more damage. Makes you wonder why........

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
So Zaha, quite rightly, just got an extra 1 game ban for clapping the ref even after getting sent off for doing exactly the same thing earlier. Hope he will learn.

However, Ashley Barnes gets booked for diving for Burnley but is then caught on camera screaming abusive language into the face of the linesman for a prolonged period of time, while flailing his arms around and gobbing in between breathes. Result......nothing from the Premier League.

I would argue Barnes behaviour is far worse than Zaha's and does the game more damage. Makes you wonder why........
It's a decision that makes me despair. If the game wants to stop abuse towards officials, at all levels of the game then this is where it starts. We hear of problems at junior levels, amateur levels etc with abuse towards refs and it all begins because football allows this to happen without consequence. Hugely disappointing.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I agree his behaviour was worse and he should nave seen red .but think it was a penalty that’s why he’s upset.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
It wasn’t a dive mate, players came together on the edge of the box and he went down, as an Everton fan it looked like he went down easy, but as Tashy said another angle showed his shirt being tugged, as said numerous times on here the Ref only gets one angle. I’d of wanted it at the other end.
If it was the incident I saw Paul, I think if Gundoghan had gone down outside the box, the ref would of had a harder decision to make. He tried to get in the box for the penalty and the ref was having none of it. Rightly so. It wasn't a yellow for diving, coz as you say there was contact. In the context of the result, don't think it merits more than a sentance.

Tashyboy

Visit site
I guess thats always the argument....if the contact doesnt actually make you fall over then isnt going to ground a dive. But then how else do refs know you've been fouled. I've got a feeling that argument is just like a circle....
Trouble is though Adam he had his shirt pulled/tugged, do you have to go down with a shirt pull. If it's in the box, it's a penalty ( if the ref sees it). Like I say, I wasn't overly bothered coz I thought he was going for more than a free kick.

Tashyboy

Visit site
You need to look closer to home, I reckon there might be a LPool fan on here who has put his hard earned cash on Everton being relegated!

Which category do you put him in?

You change your tune to fit your narrative, West Ham Everton etc were meant to struggle, Spurs had no chance as they had signed no one.

Please show were people were saying anyone but City, you’ve stated it twice now!

This all day long, how can someone like an excellent post that is quoting the calling of a manager, team and supporters, ( Liverpool). When you have spent all season and then some, calling a football club and its supporters for having oil money. City have gone from being everyone's favourite second team to the team that everyone wants to beat three moths ago. The bitterness that the guy from Liverpool talks about is rife on here. Those people must have vampire blood, coz when they look in the mirror, they don't see it.

D

Deleted member 18121

Trouble is though Adam he had his shirt pulled/tugged, do you have to go down with a shirt pull. If it's in the box, it's a penalty ( if the ref sees it). Like I say, I wasn't overly bothered coz I thought he was going for more than a free kick.

This is my point exactly, in the middle of the pitch the ref will blow for a shirt tug in an instant, Yet in the box it's very rare to be given.

A player shouldn't need to go down to be awarded a free kick, but having your shirt pulled would rarely (if ever) make you fall over.

So in my eyes it was 100% a dive, but yes it was a foul.

I don't know what the answer is.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This is my point exactly, in the middle of the pitch the ref will blow for a shirt tug in an instant, Yet in the box it's very rare to be given.

A player shouldn't need to go down to be awarded a free kick, but having your shirt pulled would rarely (if ever) make you fall over.

So in my eyes it was 100% a dive, but yes it was a foul.

I don't know what the answer is.
Get skintight shirts that can’t be pulled.
Not many fatties in the prem, but not sure the fans would wear them.