And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just to be clear - i dont recall anyone "blaming the ref" for Liverpool not winning

Im not sure why you beleive anyone is "blaming the ref" for Liverpool not winning - if you want to you can point out where its been suggested as such

People have said the draw was a fair result and that Leicester played well and that we didnt create enough - but i guess that was ignored and instead just go for the old "whinging Liverpool fans blame referee"

People can discuss a poor performance without suggesting he is at fault for a team not winning
You've stated the ref was inept, the ref had a shocker, your words. There was no need to involve the ref unless you are implying he had an impact on the result. The greater impact on the game were the players out on the pitch, not the ref. Moaning about the ref is ducking why you didn't win, that incidentally has as much to do with Leicester as Liverpool. Stop mentioning the ref each post match review and then people wont go for the old "whinging Liverpool fans blame referee". You are currently proving everyone to be correct.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Just to be clear - i dont recall anyone "blaming the ref" for Liverpool not winning

Im not sure why you beleive anyone is "blaming the ref" for Liverpool not winning - if you want to you can point out where its been suggested as such

People have said the draw was a fair result and that Leicester played well and that we didnt create enough - but i guess that was ignored and instead just go for the old "whinging Liverpool fans blame referee"

People can discuss a poor performance without suggesting he is at fault for a team not winning

From post #7391 - Thought the ref had a shocker - could have been a red card by letter of the law ( but could see why he didn’t give it ) , should have been a penalty

By default the assumption is usually that you'll score from a penalty so therefore would have won the game. Nothing wrong with discussing the poor performance, little said of the sweeping of just one end of a pitch, but a lot so far has been all about the ref, the red cards and penalties not given and the poor decisions not given and the linesmen making mistakes as well. Little about Salah looking out of sorts again, the ponderous passing across midfield.

D

Deleted member 15344

You've stated the ref was inept, the ref had a shocker, your words. There was no need to involve the ref unless you are implying he had an impact on the result. The greater impact on the game were the players out on the pitch, not the ref. Moaning about the ref is ducking why you didn't win, that incidentally has as much to do with Leicester as Liverpool. Stop mentioning the ref each post match review and then people wont go for the old "whinging Liverpool fans blame referee". You are currently proving everyone to be correct.

Yes i did state that about the ref - can you show me where I or indeed anyone blamed him for the result ?

You can see though that I said Leicester defended superbly and that we didn’t create enough chances and that it was a good draw.

I’ll mention the ref anytime I wish - don’t need you to tell me when I can’t or can , but I can ask you to stop making false assumptions based on who the poster is

Unless you can show where some has actually blamed the ref for the result then you accusations are just - until that point you are just posting false nonsense.

I’ll say it again “NO ONE BLAMED THE REF FOR THE RESULT “

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
:sleep::sleep:

By all means keep mentioning the ref, you are perfectly entitled. It just demeans anything else you post though. It's like shouting in a debate, everyone turns off at that point.

Blame? Implication, it's the same thing and to believe otherwise is semantics. Leave the ref out of it or accept the critical posts that come your way.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Back to interesting stuff......transfer deadline day. Any decent signings expected?

Nothing at Everton I suspect. Gueye may go, but only for a decent wedge and Tosun may go out on loan. No whispers of anyone coming in. No problem with that if it means we get the players we really want in the summer when the more reliable transfers usually happen.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Back to interesting stuff......transfer deadline day. Any decent signings expected?

Nothing at Everton I suspect. Gueye may go, but only for a decent wedge and Tosun may go out on loan. No whispers of anyone coming in. No problem with that if it means we get the players we really want in the summer when the more reliable transfers usually happen.
No. :sleep:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

By all means keep mentioning the ref, you are perfectly entitled. It just demeans anything else you post though. It's like shouting in a debate, everyone turns off at that point.

Blame? Implication, it's the same thing and to believe otherwise is semantics. Leave the ref out of it or accept the critical posts that come your way.

All this "based on the poster" thing is funny. Given out across many threads by many people but when the cap doesn't fit!!!!!!!! and wears a bit thin after a while and to me sounds like trying to take some sort of moral high ground. Like all this saying it should have been a penalty, and therefore a chance to score (and by default a lead and possible win) and blaming the ref when it isn't given. By all means debate on anything you wish but don't get huffy when others disagree or raise issues (providing it's kept civil of course). Will be interesting to see if any team gets a soft penalty at the weekend and how many come on and moan again about the ref. As others have said, it's never going to be a perfect science and some weeks you get a break and others you don't. If your team doesn't play well enough over the 90 minutes or create enough chances, or even comes up against teams parking the bus or defending like Trojans, then ask why the manager and players weren't good enough to break them down.

On a separate issue, (well two) what is going on with Sarri and can he last the season and what position does your team need to fill before the deadline and will it happen. We (Fulham) need a couple of decent PL defenders and ideally a holding midfielder but aside from Cahill I've not heard anyone mentioned seriously.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site

Batshuayi rumoured which would be nice, but don't see it happening today, think it's going to be a quiet deadline day.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Batshuayi rumoured which would be nice, but don't see it happening today, think it's going to be a quiet deadline day.
£40m plus his wages seem steep. The Echo keeps talking about getting dead wood off the wage bill first and as that is not likely to happen until the summer I don't see this one happening. Perhaps sensible, after all we spent £27m on Tosun last January.

D

Deleted member 1740

Henderson had a shocker but doesnt mean he's to blame for not winning.

The same could be said about the ref though i thought the ref had a decent game. I disagree with the maguire booking but its only MY opinion not stating a fact.

Collectively we never did enough to win. The conditions were the same for both teams and made it harder for us to play our usual crisp passing game. Thats not an excuse neither. We controlled the game but i thought we rushed the pass/shot when we shouldn't have.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Thought clearing the snow at one end only just to favour Liverpool was very poor.

As regards the Maguire / Mane incident, Maguire actually fouled Mane before Evans missed it, therefore when the foul was committed there was no clear goal scoring opportunity.

The Henderson foul on Maddison on the edge of the box has been conveniently been forgotten - a big decision that went Liverpool’s way.

Only the same way as no heating (or loads of it in the away dressing room, as some have done), no anti slip footing etc. Just like the ryder cup. They only had about 6-8 staff doing it so maybe they thought just do the half that has most of the play in it. :)

I was shocked that Maddison didnt get that foul, and thought it was a pen live, but it was just outside the box.

D

Deleted member 18121

All seems very quiet for Liverpool. I'd like to see some of the deadwood drift away..... Origi, Markovic, Henderson, Strurridge, Moreno, Lallana to name a few.

What I'd like most is some positive injury news.... having Gomez and Trent back would be fantastic.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
You don't need anyone now, Llorente has scored (y). The floodgates will open for him :unsure:
5 goals in his last 7 games mate. Flipping goal machine.

Joking aside, what I actually want is a class midfielder now that Dembele has sadly left us. Seen us tentatively linked to Rabiot and Tielemans, probably nothing will come of either, but a good midfielder like that would be key for us I think.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

So you have never blamed the ref for some Everton results/decisions?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
Henderson had a shocker but doesnt mean he's to blame for not winning.

The same could be said about the ref though i thought the ref had a decent game. I disagree with the maguire booking but its only MY opinion not stating a fact.

Collectively we never did enough to win. The conditions were the same for both teams and made it harder for us to play our usual crisp passing game. Thats not an excuse neither. We controlled the game but i thought we rushed the pass/shot when we shouldn't have.
Oh God..
StuC....the voice or reason:ROFLMAO:(y)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
So you have never blamed the ref for some Everton results/decisions?

Not after every game, no. Where we are in the league this season is not down to referees, it is down to us. That is the reality. It is the reality every year.

In some games there will be an absolute whopper of a decision that really does impact the score but 95% of the time other factors make the difference and blaming the ref is a red herring to cover up faults elsewhere.

Clearly I still bear a grudge against Collina but that is entirely understandable :ROFLMAO:

Cherry13

Head Pro
Visit site
Much as I dislike Fat Ashley, that's business.
Would you sell your house for less than you paid for it, particularly while it's value has increased

I’m a bit late to the party on this one, but last I checked 350 mill is more than 120 mill that he paid for it.
The loans the club have are now owed to Barclays. So assuming he’s recovered that cost and the new signings look like they are being covered from a loan that barclays provided this month. He’s more than made his money out of us, and that’s before we even take into account the graffiti on the advertising hoardings.

jp5

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Only clearing one side of the pitch at half time lacked in class. I'd expect that from some clubs but thought Liverpool were better than that.