And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 16999

I think South gate has done a good job with the players he has.
Do you think if he starts Raahford he has actually changed his mind on who starts,its hard to believe before the Costa Rica game Rashford was starting the first game.
What also would that tell you about South gate changing at such a late stage after one good performance.
I think he’ll be set on his first XI by now, but will be flexible enough to change the team if plan A isn’t working.
I don’t think he’ll start with Rashford, but I also don’t see him as competition for Sterling, Rashford for me is more central and should be given an almost free role, Sterling more an out and out winger drifting into the box.

D

Deleted member 15344

It looks like Kenny is to get a knighthood, it’s a shame that it took so long and its also an honour that’s shared with people that were involved in Hillsborough cover up. He deserves the award for everything he did after the disaster , a truely amazing man and my sporting hero - the fans that matter have long recognised the work he did and it prob means more to him than something from the establishment

D

Deleted member 16999

Fantastic news on Kenny Dalglish being knighted, long time overdue, not just for Hillsborough but also the incredible work he and his Mrs have done for Cancer Charities.
Either of them alone are worthy causes, the man is a legend on and off the pitch.

Pleased to see Defoe get recognised as well.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
It looks like Kenny is to get a knighthood, it’s a shame that it took so long and its also an honour that’s shared with people that were involved in Hillsborough cover up. He deserves the award for everything he did after the disaster , a truely amazing man and my sporting hero - the fans that matter have long recognised the work he did and it prob means more to him than something from the establishment

I don’t agree with the honor awards but if anyone deserves one it’s Dalglish, the way he dealt with the aftermath of Hillsborough was a real credit to the man.

I agree with you in the real honor for him is what the people of Liverpool think of him, not a honor that the establishment have awarded him.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Much as I like Joshua I strongly disagree anyone getting an honour for services to a sport etc until they have retired from their profession

D

Deleted member 16999

I don’t agree with the honor awards but if anyone deserves one it’s Dalglish, the way he dealt with the aftermath of Hillsborough was a real credit to the man.

I agree with you in the real honor for him is what the people of Liverpool think of him, not a honor that the establishment have awarded him.
He’s known what the people of Liverpool think of him for years and years and now the Establishment have formally recognised it.
He’s accepted it stating he’s “humbled and gratified” we should allow him to enjoy the knighthood, he could of easily turned it down.

I don’t doubt for one minute it will change him, but I’m sure he’ll use it for good and hopefully help him do even more good than he’s doing now.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Bong! It's 9am and here it is - the opening-weekend schedule for August 11/12:

Oooow theres a tasty opener for the champs. 😁
Bournemouth v Cardiff City
Arsenal v Manchester City
Fulham v Crystal Palace
Huddersfield Town v Chelsea
Liverpool v West Ham United
Manchester United v Leicester City
Newcastle United v Tottenham Hotspur
Southampton v Burnley
Watford v Brighton
Wolverhampton Wanderers v Everton

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Fulham v Crystal Palace
Southampton v Burnley
Watford v Brighton

hopefully as the majority of the liverpool squad will be suffering from world cup hangovers we can claim a victory

D

Deleted member 16999

Fulham v Crystal Palace
Southampton v Burnley
Watford v Brighton

I guess the PL match fixing about none of the top 6 not playing each other on the opening day has been binned then?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
A good time to play City. They are one of the most represented clubs at the WC, where as the gunners are under represented, and should get a decent pre season with their new coach.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
hopefully as the majority of the liverpool squad will be suffering from world cup hangovers we can claim a victory

The first few games will be a great time to play the top clubs. I'm sure you would have preferred them at home but otherwise go at them and test them. I think Newcastle will be okay with their match for the same reason.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The first few games will be a great time to play the top clubs. I'm sure you would have preferred them at home but otherwise go at them and test them. I think Newcastle will be okay with their match for the same reason.
Our players bar Lloris will have come home early and had a nice long rest mate. :D