And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Sorry but they don’t get any other special treatment than any club

We don’t even own our stadium ffs we are allowed to lease a stadium at a reduced rate allowing us to spend more cash on players. I’d say that was special treatment I think we need to count ourselves lucky not have a pop at Spurs

Q. Why did we have to rent the stadium?

A. Tottenham and Orient

I’m surprised I have to explain it to you but we was going to buy it outright until Tottenham and Orient threatened to take the government to court.

D

Deleted member 15344

Tottenham is just up the road from a very Jewish area Stamford Hill so there probably is a bit higher percentage of Jewish people that support them but the majority of the people chanting are not Jewish. They have been repeatedly warned by the FA about it and The World Jewish Congress (WJC), Board of Deputies, Community Security Trust (CST) and the Jewish Leadership Council (JLC) have all called on the club to clamp down on fans using the word to describe themselves in match chants, however the response is an increase in the chant and also the chant “we sing what we want”... surprised you are trying to defend this tbh!
If Chelsea, Arsenal or West Ham chanted the Y word the establishment would condemn us.

And yes I am biased. I’m a football fan for Christ sake! 😁

I’m not “defending” anything - haven’t once said it’s right and that they should be allowed to sing it

And Spurs don’t sing it in a “derogatory way” - other teams do sing it aimed at them in a derogatory way - I would prefer to see it stopped all together

And the bias comment was more aimed towards the demands for point deductions because of the stadium issue - i suppose at least they own a stadium as opposed to renting own stupidly cheap and full of issues - not sure a West Ham should be pointing fingers at any other clubs about stadiums

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Q. Why did we have to rent the stadium?

A. Tottenham and Orient

I’m surprised I have to explain it to you but we was going to buy it outright until Tottenham and Orient threatened to take the government to court.

Indeed , but we are still allowed to do so

What we forget about was we would be getting state funding to buy the stadium via a loan from newham council which would be even more unfair

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Indeed , but we are still allowed to do so

What we forget about was we would be getting state funding to buy the stadium via a loan from newham council which would be even more unfair

Not sure what you mean? the West Ham/Newham council bid was a joint bid for the benefits of both parties. As it turns out spurs done us a massive favour by stopping the deal, and as much as the rest of the footballing world complains (fans) what would be the alternative? A derelict stadium a la Greece 2004?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ympics-leave-mixed-legacy-10-years-later.html

West Ham did the country a favour. 😁

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not sure what you mean? the West Ham/Newham council bid was a joint bid for the benefits of both parties. As it turns out spurs done us a massive favour by stopping the deal, and as much as the rest of the footballing world complains (fans) what would be the alternative? A derelict stadium a la Greece 2004?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ympics-leave-mixed-legacy-10-years-later.html

West Ham did the country a favour. 😁

Without the newham loan we could never afford the stadium so would be funded by the state to own a stadium rather than the way we had to do it means we get nothing to show for it

There is no conspiracy

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And Spurs don’t sing it in a “derogatory way” - other teams do sing it aimed at them in a derogatory way - I would prefer to see it stopped all together
If I see a coloured man, and go up to him and say politely "excuse me Mr n word...." is that ok?
If course it isn't, and racism is still racism just because you "dont say it in a derogatory way"
I can't bellive youre defending them.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If I see a coloured man, and go up to him and say politely "excuse me Mr n word...." is that ok?
If course it isn't, and racism is still racism just because you "dont say it in a derogatory way"
I can't bellive youre defending them.

Well you need to update your own knowledge, black people are not referred to as coloured no longer, just black.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
And yes I am biased. I’m a football fan for Christ sake! 😁

This for me is where football fans need to move on from the tribal rubbish and grow up. The millwall vs Everton fight was a prime example of stupid football rivalry that just doesn’t need to exist

D

Deleted member 1740

This for me is where football fans need to move on from the tribal rubbish and grow up. The millwall vs Everton fight was a prime example of stupid football rivalry that just doesn’t need to exist

That rivalry goes back to the 70's. Long memories in "firms".

We are all bias to our own teams.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site

Sorry you are wrong. Football, unlike some other sports, IS at its heart tribal. That’s what makes it so good, and winning and losing so important. That buzz is like nothing else, I’ve been going West Ham for over 40 years and still get a thrill on match day. I’ve been Rugby and Cricket and they are just not the same...

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sorry you are wrong. Football, unlike some other sports, IS at its heart tribal. That’s what makes it so good, and winning and losing so important. That buzz is like nothing else, I’ve been going West Ham for over 40 years and still get a thrill on match day. I’ve been Rugby and Cricket and they are just not the same...

However the younger fans think it’s “cool” to try and bring back firms or what have you and it’s completely pathetic.

Nothing wrong with a bit of chanting and banta from the fans in the stands that’s brilliant . However don’t need the hatred and complete unwillingness to like anything about another team

So many fans I know would hate to see spurs win the league.. why? For 1 they are not our rivals .. millwall are and we just latch onto spurs because millwall aren’t in same division. A few years ago we were like spurs , and I’d love to see us follow their model and push on for champs league and beyond

So many hammers I know can’t even admit kane is a brilliant striker because he is “spurs” it’s all pathetic

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
D

Deleted member 1740

So Pochettino thinks winning tophies is just about boosting the managers ego 🙄

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
i agree but if they reached the semi's and finished top 4 would that be classed as a good season?

All the 'experts' say that Spurs have to win something this season in order to hold onto their best players and their manager.
Based on that, no, it wouldn't be classed as a good season.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I use to go to football in the 80's when violence and "firms" were at their height and some away games you really felt vulnerable even as an innocent supporter and going with mates on the train was not a good idea and the relative sanctuary of a supporters club coach was a far safer way of getting to and from the game. I don't go as often as I use to, but see the footage on social media and in the news. Are "firms" on the rise again? Is it prevalent for a lot of games or is it just certain fixtures like the Millwall v Everton that has a particular history and are the police and clubs responding.

D

Deleted member 1740

All the 'experts' say that Spurs have to win something this season in order to hold onto their best players and their manager.
Based on that, no, it wouldn't be classed as a good season.

In your opinion?