And, we’re off.......2018/2019

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Neymar didn't go for £200m. There's no way Kane goes for more than that, and then as soon as clubs see Spurs sell Kane, guess what happens? They hike up the prices of their attackers because they know Spurs are coming in for them as they're desperate which means they have even less money to play with.

Spurs need to find money to improve the squad no doubt, but that should not come from selling their only world class and almost irreplaceable talisman. There must be other ways they can finance a few transfers to improve the squad.
Exactly. Kane won't get go for as much as Neymar and given some of these strange examples (is Zaha really going to enhance their squad? Not setting the PL alight in the same way. Icardi's price will go up once they know Spurs are sniffing and looking at his goal return this season again doesn't bring anything Spurs don't have in Kane. I still think Spurs will get a top four place and who knows, they may even spend in the window!!

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Always like to read the line " we haven't got money like City". City have turned down players VVD being one because City thought the price was to high. De Jong looks like being another. Just coz you can don't mean you have to.

Or you could sign em anyways and they become a Bravo or Mangala......

You really do feel sorry for yourself atm don't ya mate.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Did City actually “turn down” VVD ? Did they even bid for him - or just paper nonsense and maybe City knew they couldn’t get him because he only wanted to go to one club ?

And De Jong ? Again any bids ? No one has bought him and it’s all speculation with him

There is a very long list of players City haven’t had a problem spending over the odds on
City were in for VVD, they pulled out coz City thought the price was to much. Obviously it wasn't. But that's hindsight. City are in for De Jong but PSG have entered the scene and City apparantly have now accepted he will be going there.
Re City spending over the odds, it's true, but there not the only ones.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Or you could sign em anyways and they become a Bravo or Mangala......

You really do feel sorry for yourself atm don't ya mate.
In four comps and feeling sorry for myself 😂😂😂😂😂 keep me entertained Pappy.

Dando

Q-School Graduate
Banned
Visit site
I don't agree. When you have the best striker in the world, who can score from practically any position on the field, then you hang onto him as long as you can. Given the choice between one Kane or another handful of Lamelas or Diers, I pick Kane every time.

When did you buy the best striker in the world????

D

Deleted member 1740

Did City actually “turn down” VVD ? Did they even bid for him - or just paper nonsense and maybe City knew they couldn’t get him because he only wanted to go to one club ?

And De Jong ? Again any bids ? No one has bought him and it’s all speculation with him but reported to really only be interested in going to Barce

There is a very long list of players City haven’t had a problem spending over the odds on

No, VVD turned them down.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
In four comps and feeling sorry for myself 😂😂😂😂😂 keep me entertained Pappy.
Your last few weeks of posts all seem a little poor little us mate. Unlucky city, nobody rated us, mean fa with our fixtures, people moaning with have money etc etc....

You'll be telling us City were gonna be big without the money, like some Chelsea fans do soon..... :p
Plus, on a more serious note, Tashy Tales seem to have dried up lately and they genuinely are a highlight on here ;)

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think you can only get value for money if you take a punt on someone who's not fully established, which can obviously go either way. We wouldn't be able to get a like for like replacement for Kane straight away I wouldn't think.

Yep, but you stagnating in all other areas (especially spending) just to keep Kane could do even more damage.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Always like to read the line " we haven't got money like City". City have turned down players VVD being one because City thought the price was to high. De Jong looks like being another. Just coz you can don't mean you have to.

Thats just jike the nightclub 2am lesbian line, tash. :ROFLMAO:

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Depends if he is any good 😁 And VVD falls into that category.

So when you paid out for a promising centre half at £50 mill a year or two before, you werent breaking the bank then. As well as Otamendi, Mendy, Walker, and the other 30 mill plus centre half?

You may not have paid the most for 1 player in your defence, but I would think that you have spent the most on defenders in the last 3 years worldwide?

Tashy, who writes your scripts - Homer Simpson (no not that one).

Tashyboy

Visit site
So when you paid out for a promising centre half at £50 mill a year or two before, you werent breaking the bank then. As well as Otamendi, Mendy, Walker, and the other 30 mill plus centre half?

You may not have paid the most for 1 player in your defence, but I would think that you have spent the most on defenders in the last 3 years worldwide?

Tashy, who writes your scripts - Homer Simpson (no not that one).[/QUOTE

Obviously LB you missed what I wrote on this post at the top of the page 😉👍

City were in for VVD, they pulled out coz City thought the price was to much. Obviously it wasn't. But that's hindsight. City are in for De Jong but PSG have entered the scene and City apparantly have now accepted he will be going there.
Re City spending over the odds, it's true, but there not the only ones.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
So you will be more than happy if you dont sign anyone in 2 transfer windows?

Even if it possibly also costs you a CL place?

As someone listed out before, most of your great buys were for less than £20 million - I'm not saying that you should be buying 60 mill plus players, but who knows if 1-2 more 20 mill players, you could have also turned into great players.

Maybe not happy but realistic, would have loved us to try for Saha great player who wouldn’t have cost silly money, but I’m not surprised Levy hasn’t sanctioned buying anyone, as I’ve said Levy was never going to spend big.

20 million players are not what we need at the moment one player like Saha would do for this season

With 3 home games coming up and having a run of games we are capable of winning I’m not to worried about qualifying for C/L.

But I would agree it’s a gamble that could backfire and be costly.