And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Always like to read the line " we haven't got money like City". City have turned down players VVD being one because City thought the price was to high. De Jong looks like being another. Just coz you can don't mean you have to.

But it’s true no one has the money like City,unlike any other team you have the luxury of turning down players if you think the price is to high because you have brought a world class squad.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Maybe not happy but realistic, would have loved us to try for Saha great player who wouldn’t have cost silly money, but I’m not surprised Levy hasn’t sanctioned buying anyone, as I’ve said Levy was never going to spend big.

20 million players are not what we need at the moment one player like Saha would do for this season

With 3 home games coming up and having a run of games we are capable of winning I’m not to worried about qualifying for C/L.

But I would agree it’s a gamble that could backfire and be costly.
He was a great player. Underrated but injury prone. But I wouldn’t advise bringing him out of retirement.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
When did you buy the best striker in the world????
We didn't have to. ;)

Maybe not happy but realistic, would have loved us to try for Saha great player who wouldn’t have cost silly money, but I’m not surprised Levy hasn’t sanctioned buying anyone, as I’ve said Levy was never going to spend big.

20 million players are not what we need at the moment one player like Saha would do for this season

With 3 home games coming up and having a run of games we are capable of winning I’m not to worried about qualifying for C/L.

But I would agree it’s a gamble that could backfire and be costly.
I think Louis Saha has retired mate, plus we tried that once before and it didn't go very well!

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Tragic about the striker going from Nantes to Cardiff. Does not look good at all and people must fear the worst.

Just wondering what the position is re the transfer fee, which is probably incidental to a life, but will Cardiff have sent money? Doubt it will be covered by Insurance.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Tragic about the striker going from Nantes to Cardiff. Does not look good at all and people must fear the worst.

Just wondering what the position is re the transfer fee, which is probably incidental to a life, but will Cardiff have sent money? Doubt it will be covered by Insurance.
I would have thought there is definitely insurance on any purchase. You don't expect something like to happen obviously, but for things like season-ending or career-ending injuries would be covered, and this could be considered a far worse extension of that.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site