And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Reports that Sarri got a lot of stick from the Chelsea fans last game, with there record with managers nothing would surprise me, don't think they will lose against the one man team(y)

Chelsea are favourites for the second leg but you never know.
I’d be surprised if Sarri sees the season out.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Was listening to good old phone in tonight and the Chelsea fans not happy bunch especially with Sarri , suggestions that if they don’t beat Spurs then he is gone !? Seems a bit mad even if I can understand some of frustrations with the way he has the team set up - but surely the manager isn’t going to yet ?
Funny how you like to give any credit to Phone ins or talk sport when it suits Phil.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Reports that Sarri got a lot of stick from the Chelsea fans last game, with there record with managers nothing would surprise me, don't think they will lose against the one man team(y)

Chelsea are favourites for the second leg but you never know.

you can sort of see why, he seems insistent on building the side round Jorginho which to date has meant the 2 players most responsible for their recent successes are being used out of their position. Kante is utterly wasted in the side currently and Hazard is being compromised by having to play up top himself rather than off a front man. Add to that its a very very long time in a derby v Arsenal where Chelsea are the side that cant defend set pieces. Luiz has his pluses but solidity at centre half is not one of them based on recent evidence!

Plenty of Arsenal fans not fully bought into Emery yet either, albeit he will get a fair bit longer, certainly until this time next year before being fully judged by most

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A good old phone in with disgruntled fans. Whatever next? Do you really think Chelsea would sack him before the end of the season at the earliest? Even if they lose to Spurs is it really all over for the 4th place?

Talksport should only allow season ticket holders to call in, or regular match goers. Too many divvies calling in spouting shoit.

Keeps the listening figures up though.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Talksport should only allow season ticket holders to call in, or regular match goers. Too many divvies calling in spouting shoit.

Keeps the listening figures up though.

This 👍But going back to Sarri and Chelsea, at the start of the season with Chelsea not being in the champions league, they were big favourites to challenge Liverpool for the title. Even after the season that City just had. So have they/Sarri under achieved.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
This 👍But going back to Sarri and Chelsea, at the start of the season with Chelsea not being in the champions league, they were big favourites to challenge Liverpool for the title. Even after the season that City just had. So have they/Sarri under achieved.
Sorry Tashy, I'm calling BS on that.

If memory serves me correctly. City were odds on. Followed by Liverpool then utd.

D

Deleted member 15344

This time last year Sanchez went to Utd after City pulled out of the deal due to money demands- at that time there was lots of suggestions that he wasn’t getting ad much as reported - seen this morning in the last 12 months he has

Earned a basic wage just over £20mil - around £390k a week

Signing on fee of £6.75 mil

Agent fee of £10 mil

Each time he plays he gets £75 k but only played 32 games

Has only completed 10 games

He has further image rights taking the weekly income to £500k a week

At Arsenal he averaged 1 goal in every 2 at Utd its one in 8

What the heck has gone wrong for a player who was one of the best in the Prem - is it safe to say taking the money instead of going to City was a big mistake football wise for him

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Heard about an apparent plane crash on the way to work this morning with the coastguard of Dover being scrambled.

Rumours are it could be Emiliano Sala (new signing for cardiff)!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hears a good stat for the ones that think Spurs are a one man team

7 wins and 3 draws in 10 games without Kane .

Give us a different slant on that one Phil ;)
In fairness we probably had Son for those, no? It's not just Kane we're missing, it's Kane, Son & Dele now. I don't even know if Lucas is back fit either. We could certainly have coped if it was just Kane out, but that's our top four league goalscorers this season I've just named.

the obvious answer is anyone who watched the fulham game at the weekend and uses their own eyes

dont think theyre a one man side by any means but they are substantially poorer for him missing (as city are aguerro, liverpool salah etc etc)
We've played just as poorly with Kane in the side, trust me. ;)

Was listening to good old phone in tonight and the Chelsea fans not happy bunch especially with Sarri , suggestions that if they don’t beat Spurs then he is gone !? Seems a bit mad even if I can understand some of frustrations with the way he has the team set up - but surely the manager isn’t going to yet ?
That sounds ridiculous to me. Their expectation for this season was top 4 only, and despite losing to Arsenal they are still in 4th for the time being. And they've a good chance of getting to the league cup final as well (not that the league cup carries any weight these days).

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
This time last year Sanchez went to Utd after City pulled out of the deal due to money demands- at that time there was lots of suggestions that he wasn’t getting ad much as reported - seen this morning in the last 12 months he has

Earned a basic wage just over £20mil - around £390k a week

Signing on fee of £6.75 mil

Agent fee of £10 mil

Each time he plays he gets £75 k but only played 32 games

Has only completed 10 games

He has further image rights taking the weekly income to £500k a week

At Arsenal he averaged 1 goal in every 2 at Utd its one in 8

What the heck has gone wrong for a player who was one of the best in the Prem - is it safe to say taking the money instead of going to City was a big mistake football wise for him

Carragher wrote a piece about in The Telegraph a few weeks ago. He likened him to Torres when he left Liverpool. In effect, the players at Liverpool could see in training that Torres was largely shot and so were not bothered about him going. They liked him but in football terms they could see that his time at the very top was coming to an end. They were largely proved right. It was a mix of injuries, slight loss of pace to give him the extra yard. He sees the same in Sanchez. I don't watch Sanchez at Utd so I don't know how this argument stacks up but it seemed a reasonable one.

D

Deleted member 15344

Heard about an apparent plane crash on the way to work this morning with the coastguard of Dover being scrambled.

Rumours are it could be Emiliano Sala (new signing for cardiff)!

That’s awful news - just seem it pop up as an alert

That sounds ridiculous to me. Their expectation for this season was top 4 only, and despite losing to Arsenal they are still in 4th for the time being. And they've a good chance of getting to the league cup final as well (not that the league cup carries any weight these days).

I think what Chelsea have shown over the years since Abramovich arrived is they aren’t afraid to sack a manager mid season - the expectations of the club because of their success over the years is more than just a top 4 spot and if they did let him go it wouldn’t be a surprise even if it’s the wrong choice

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Carragher wrote a piece about in The Telegraph a few weeks ago. He likened him to Torres when he left Liverpool. In effect, the players at Liverpool could see in training that Torres was largely shot and so were not bothered about him going. They liked him but in football terms they could see that his time at the very top was coming to an end. They were largely proved right. It was a mix of injuries, slight loss of pace to give him the extra yard. He sees the same in Sanchez. I don't watch Sanchez at Utd so I don't know how this argument stacks up but it seemed a reasonable one.

I think he also moved to a very stagnant team. At city he may well still have declined, but i think joining a Mourinho team was the final nail

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Bellerins injury as bad as it looked sadly, ruptured ACL and out for this season and some of next. Hopefully Maitland Niles gets a decent run in the team rather than having to watch Lichsteiner act like hes been shot every time someone comes within a yard of him