And, we’re off.......2018/2019

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
How many times did Alan Smith mention Harry Kane bloody obsessed.

My 2 pet hates
Players on 50k+ a week and can’t kick with both feet.
Also players that hit the first man consistently when crossing.

Not worried about Spurs at all now for 4th

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
How many times did Alan Smith mention Harry Kane bloody obsessed.

My 2 pet hates
Players on 50k+ a week and can’t kick with both feet.
Also players that hit the first man consistently when crossing.

Not worried about Spurs at all now for 4th

In what way? You think you’ll pop them? Or they’ll hang on?

My nan always says about being two footed, but for me the wage is irrelevant. It’s what they do with the foot they prefer that matters. Messi scores predominantly with his left. I think less than 10% with his right. I wouldn’t sack him off because of that.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site

My nan always says about being two footed, but for me the wage is irrelevant. It’s what they do with the foot they prefer that matters. Messi scores predominantly with his left. I think less than 10% with his right. I wouldn’t sack him off because of that.[/QUOTE

Sorry, don't agree. Like pokerjoe I'm a purest when it comes to footballers. Thats why Glenn Hoddle was my idol.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

My nan always says about being two footed, but for me the wage is irrelevant. It’s what they do with the foot they prefer that matters. Messi scores predominantly with his left. I think less than 10% with his right. I wouldn’t sack him off because of that.
I find players that are completely one footed mess up and make mistakes.
The player trying to clear his lines today for Fulham.
Llorente scoring an own goal when he should have been clearing with his left.
Anyway it’s my pet hate,get your own:).

I think Manchester Utd will catch Spurs so it will be the others fighting for fourth.

D

Deleted member 1740

I think Manchester Utd will catch Spurs so it will be the others fighting for fourth.

I don’t think you’ll catch Spurs, though I could see Chelsea falling apart after Sarri’s latest outburst.

Not beating the 1st man is a major bug of mine.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

I think they’ll be comfortably 3rd tbh. They may slip a little. How long is son in Asia for? If they have him back within 3/4 games I think they will tick by and pull away when back with Kane. I don’t think many neutrals would say you were the better team when you met, so you guys getting 7 more points than them seems a stretch tbh.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think they’ll be comfortably 3rd tbh. They may slip a little. How long is son in Asia for? If they have him back within 3/4 games I think they will tick by and pull away when back with Kane. I don’t think many neutrals would say you were the better team when you met, so you guys getting 7 more points than them seems a stretch tbh.
To be honest they battered us 2nd half,but today nowhere near as potent.
Ali could also miss a couple games,I believe he hurt his hamstring (yet to be confirmed).

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Nothing wrong with having a two footed player as an idol. Or wanting players to be twofooted. I just think it’s gonna rule out a heck of a lot of good players. Most are predominantly one footed. Arguably the two greatest of all time both prefer one foot to the other.

D

Deleted member 15344

Nothing wrong with having a two footed player as an idol. Or wanting players to be twofooted. I just think it’s gonna rule out a heck of a lot of good players. Most are predominantly one footed. Arguably the two greatest of all time both prefer one foot to the other.

Yep when some players are that good with one foots it’s irrelevant if the other is there just to add balance - there aren’t that many outstanding on both feet

D

Deleted member 15344

Goes totally against the grain. With one footed players you merely push them onto their week foot

If it’s that easy how come people rarely stop Messi - most of the Prem players will find a way around that and find ways to get it onto their strong foot

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
If it’s that easy how come people rarely stop Messi - most of the Prem players will find a way around that and find ways to get it onto their strong foot

Well here's an example from today's game.
Danny Rose Tottenham left back, when attacking is ALWAYS looking to go left. When he's pushed onto his right he's not as strong or convincing.
You could also apply this to Trippier on the other flank

D

Deleted member 15344

Danny Rose Tottenham left back, when attacking is ALWAYS looking to go left. When he's pushed onto his right he's not as strong or convincing.
That’s 90-99% of the players in the Prem - they all have a stronger foot - Robertson the best left back in the Prem is predominately left footed. Walker is predominately right footed - there aren’t many that are strong on both

But a lot of the younger players coming through do appear to be getting stronger on both feet - TAA for example can put in just as good a cross with his left foot.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
How many full backs are two footed?

Both rose and tripper seem to do ok for players that are apparently easy to deal with.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Think a CM should be two footted but anyone else ?
How many managers play right footed players on the left and vice versa.
Think the keepers need two good feet these days.

First thing my dad taught me was to play your bad foot against the wall.
Don’t see kids doing that now.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Bloody Fulham. I thought Ranieri was brought in to tighten the defence and make sure we can see games out for points. We're doomed and so only one relegation spot up for grabs now and anyone from Palace down to Cardiff could go. All getting a bit tight down there

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just watched the game and while the CB has a little nibble at him it’s in no way enough to bring him down.
Imo this is what Hazard and others do if they feel contact they go down and ask the ref a question.
Some you get some you don’t. But is it a dive? I would say yes he and others should stay on their feet.

As for Klopp we don’t know his take on this so it’s hard to say, but have heard him say in the past he dosnt like diving.
So yes maybe a quiet word , but that would go for every manager in the PL everyone’s got one.

Just on the game how many bad decisions did the officials make ?
Clear hand ball by Palace defender and by Robbo up the wing.

Sterling is a perfect example, you will never see a more stonewall pen as that today a shocking decision by ref but is it his reputation .
Or have refs been briefed lately.

Re Sterling, saw the game on the box today and couldn't believe the penalty wasn't given. However I don't know who reffed the game today. But another City fan mentioned the refs name and said " that city have history with him", in essence it has happened before re bad decisions. So not sure it was his reputation today but, agree that certain players reputations do sometimes bite them in the butt.