And, we’re off.......2018/2019

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Its a dive mate - there was no need for him to go down , refs will stop giving him anything if he keeps doing it
But the ref gave it so he didn’t think it was a dive.
Defender kicks him then holds him by the neck, so he goes down and asks the ref a question and the answer was “it’s a pen”
It’s soft, he goes down very easy , I don’t think it was a pen but the ref did.
My subbuteeo players have got better balance than some prem players there’s just to much of it ,if someone breathes on them they go down.
I never went today but was told by my son the ref was shocking.

D

Deleted member 15344

But the ref gave it so he didn’t think it was a dive.
Defender kicks him then holds him by the neck, so he goes down and asks the ref a question and the answer was “it’s a pen”
It’s soft, he goes down very easy , I don’t think it was a pen but the ref did.
My subbuteeo players have got better balance than some prem players there’s just to much of it ,if someone breathes on them they go down.
I never went today but was told by my son the ref was shocking.

What are you talking about ? The ref didn’t give a pen

Salah first got a slight touch on his ankle but stayed - about 1 second later he was touched on the shoulder and then went down - it’s poor and it will get to the stage when next time he does get clattered he won’t get it

Right now he isn’t the only one doing it but the only one getting stick - shame a lot don’t point fingers at their own players as well

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
I think Salah is getting the stick at the moment for a few reasons

1) it all of a sudden seems to have started with him, and its like a virus with an incident every week.
2) the holier than thou attitude of Liverpool when it comes to diving recently. I don't really get why though, they've had Torres and Suarez fairly recently after all, but theyve definitely been the self appointed diving police in the last year or 2 so any 'Pool player diving was always going to get both barrels from rivals.
3) Salah is really, really, embarrassingly 'bad' at diving. You can see It doesn't come naturally to him and he looks so so bad going down. Timing, body position, direction is all shabby. If he wants to become a pro he needs to study Kane, Vardy, Alli, Hazard, Aguero etc etc. His current level is what I call the 'Phil Neville Stepover'.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
another repeat diver who whinges about his treatment, havent seen his so hadnt commented (whereas i had Salads), expect ill be moaning about Hazard, Bellerin and a few others later

Complete crap. Repeat diver. Make your own decision, don’t follow the crowd and actually watch the fouls against him when he gets penalties etc.

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
You Palace boys? there was no need for that! Don’t you know we’re after our first title in abar a billion years!! No good for my nerves this

Great game and so glad we went up there and gave it a shot. Ifs and buts, but with our first choice or even second choice keeper, think we might have got the win. Small consolation for us is the slim margin of defeat meaning our goal difference is better than most around us so worth a point.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Complete crap. Repeat diver. Make your own decision, don’t follow the crowd and actually watch the fouls against him when he gets penalties etc.

hes another who tries to anticipate contact and goes down very easily and thinks any contact entitles him to hit the deck and claim a penalty, but hey you stick up for your own like everyone else does

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Salah first got a slight touch on his ankle but stayed - about 1 second later he was touched on the shoulder and then went down - it’s poor and it will get to the stage when next time he does get clattered he won’t get it

Right now he isn’t the only one doing it but the only one getting stick - shame a lot don’t point fingers at their own players as well
Yes sorry I had a few last night just seen the foul / no foul on sky news.
I think it was a foul but not enough to bring him down.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Well that’s rich coming from you, the only one getting stick? what about the stick you gave Kane recently.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Well that’s rich coming from you, the only one getting stick? what about the stick you gave Kane recently.
I think if you look at the response from their respective fans. More Liverpool fans held their hands up and condemned Salah. There was a lot of, but but but from spurs fans trying to convince everyone Kane may have been touched etc

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Sober now ! I was out all day yesterday not used to drinking so much!
The reason I said it ,is I thought with the amount of stick he was getting the ref gave it.
Can’t belive the interest when the ref said no .
But Salha asked the ref a question but this time he said no!
That’s fine , but defenders can’t keep kicking and pulling strikers and then complain when they go down.
Yes your right , if he keeps doing this he will not get anything, just like Sterling how is that not a pen?

D

Deleted member 15344

Ok let’s put it another - the ones that are quick to point fingers at Salah are very quiet when it comes to their own players doing it - and indeed spend time justifying the action.

Seen Liverpool fans put their hands up about Salah going down easy - don’t see many Spurs fans doing the same for Kane - i believe apparently he does the “salmon” leap to “protect” himself. Even when he got yellow carded for diving people where trying to justify the touch was enough for him to leap in the air.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Ok let’s put it another - the ones that are quick to point fingers are Salah are very quiet when it comes to their own players doing it - and indeed spend time justifying the action.

Seen Liverpool fans put their hands up about Salah going down easy - don’t see many Spurs fans doing the same for Kane - i believe apparently he does the “salmon” leap to “protect” himself. Even when he got yellow carded for diving people where trying to justify the touch was enough for him to leap in the air.

Do you think that Klopp should have a word with Salah?
Or do you think he’s happy whilst ever he’s getting away with it?

It is getting to be quite a regular thing now.

D

Deleted member 15344

Llorente with an instinctive finish from a corner - on the score sheet already filling in for Kane

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Do you think that Klopp should have a word with Salah?
Or do you think he’s happy whilst ever he’s getting away with it?

It is getting to be quite a regular thing now.
Just watched the game and while the CB has a little nibble at him it’s in no way enough to bring him down.
Imo this is what Hazard and others do if they feel contact they go down and ask the ref a question.
Some you get some you don’t. But is it a dive? I would say yes he and others should stay on their feet.

As for Klopp we don’t know his take on this so it’s hard to say, but have heard him say in the past he dosnt like diving.
So yes maybe a quiet word , but that would go for every manager in the PL everyone’s got one.

Just on the game how many bad decisions did the officials make ?
Clear hand ball by Palace defender and by Robbo up the wing.

Sterling is a perfect example, you will never see a more stonewall pen as that today a shocking decision by ref but is it his reputation .
Or have refs been briefed lately.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Awesome win for Spurs! Never in doubt! Credit to Nkoudou for coming in out of the cold and hitting that peach of a cross.

Have revised my opinion of Llorente though. The man is as much use as a nun's ladyparts.