And, we’re off.......2018/2019

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You Palace boys? there was no need for that! Don’t you know we’re after our first title in abar a billion years!! No good for my nerves this

D

Deleted member 15344

4 points seperate 3rd to 6th - on current form it’s hard to see how Utd won’t make it now , with Spurs losing Kane and Son they could be in danger along Chelsea who just lack any cutting edge especially when Hazard can’t be bothered to turn up , and Arsenal looked a lot better today - that’s going to be an interesting race

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Good win for Liverpool today and perhaps they have the resilience (and necessary luck) to dig out results like this and win the title. Good job there's a break to get defenders back and cover Milner's ban. United on a role and with Leicester Burnley and Fulham to come next they can definitely make top four now, something Mourinho had no chance of getting. Does anyone think Solskjaer deserves a chance to manage permanently based on his performance to date?

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
SOunds like it was silly - needs to cut it out

Mental game , sounds like we were totally out of character and had no control , ref had a shocker with a handball just before their goal but Palace a bogey team and another big 3 points

Needs to cut what out? He was kicked in the box. Is it only a pen if the foul makes you go down?

D

Deleted member 15344

Needs to cut what out? He was kicked in the box. Is it only a pen if the foul makes you go down?

Its a dive mate - there was no need for him to go down , refs will stop giving him anything if he keeps doing it

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good win for Liverpool today and perhaps they have the resilience (and necessary luck) to dig out results like this and win the title. Good job there's a break to get defenders back and cover Milner's ban. United on a role and with Leicester Burnley and Fulham to come next they can definitely make top four now, something Mourinho had no chance of getting. Does anyone think Solskjaer deserves a chance to manage permanently based on his performance to date?
Well if he keeps winning every game until the end of the season they can't really not give it to him can they? :LOL:

Just had a look for this Salah incident on Twitter, very similar to the Newcastle one that he actually got the pen for. Even less contact though, there's a hand on his shoulder and he's just allowed himself to fall back under it, but the weight of the hand was nothing. If that isn't a dive, then Salah is easier to knock over than a house a cards.

D

Deleted member 1740

SOunds like it was silly - needs to cut it out

Mental game , sounds like we were totally out of character and had no control , ref had a shocker with a handball just before their goal but Palace a bogey team and another big 3 points

I reckon it was John Moss’ best game 😉

We did have control at times but Palace played very well, certainly the best Palace side I’ve seen.

I was right inline with the handball and from where I was it wasn’t a pen though it wasn’t a foul neither that Moss gave against Mane.

Henderson played well though I thought he was at fault for 1st goal and gave a bad bball to Milner for his 2nd yellow.

Good 3pts though.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Interesting comments from Sarri in his post match press conference. I haven’t seen anything from the match other than the score, but he does not seem very happy with his players attitude....”it appears this group of players is very difficult to motivate”

davemc1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Interesting comments from Sarri in his post match press conference. I haven’t seen anything from the match other than the score, but he does not seem very happy with his players attitude....”it appears this group of players is very difficult to motivate”

Sarri thinks Kante is no 8/9/10 he is not. Sarri needs a rethink

D

Deleted member 1740

I’m surprised he never played Hazard.....

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Sarri thinks Kante is no 8/9/10 he is not. Sarri needs a rethink

Is this not more because he thinks the sun shines out of jorginho’s Backside? I don’t understand why he has moved Kante from a position he has excelled in for the last few years. Was Jorginho really a player they needed? How would he have fitted into the Man City team?

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Is this not more because he thinks the sun shines out of jorginho’s Backside? I don’t understand why he has moved Kante from a position he has excelled in for the last few years. Was Jorginho really a player they needed? How would he have fitted into the Man City team?
I think it's becoming farcical the way Sarri sticks so rigidly to his blueprint, when almost any manager would probably look to play a 4-2-3-1 with Kante and Jorginho as the perfect midfield two. I think Hazard plays much better off the left, if Higuain comes in then we'll probably see more from Hazard back out on that side.