And, we’re off.......2018/2019

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Re Sterling, saw the game on the box today and couldn't believe the penalty wasn't given. However I don't know who reffed the game today. But another City fan mentioned the refs name and said " that city have history with him", in essence it has happened before re bad decisions. So not sure it was his reputation today but, agree that certain players reputations do sometimes bite them in the butt.
Second goal was offside and Walker was lucky to be on the pitch and it wasn’t at the Etihad.
So Marriner can’t dislike you that much.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
How many times did Alan Smith mention Harry Kane bloody obsessed.

My 2 pet hates
Players on 50k+ a week and can’t kick with both feet.
Also players that hit the first man consistently when crossing.

Not worried about Spurs at all now for 4th
I agree largely with those. Lamela is most guilty of being one-footed in our squad, one chance we had yesterday he had a square ball on which would have been simple with his right, but he slid on the ground to get around it with the outside of left boot and toe-punted it way beyond the target player - chance gone. For an attacker it's a huge advantage to be confident on both sides, just look at Eriksen, Son & Kane - the defender can't show them onto a weaker side because they can bang it in either way, it makes them unpredictable.

Some one-footed players are good enough to get away with it, but take Robben for example - was a great player, but imagine how much better he would have been if he could have gone on his right side as well. He would have been one of the best in the world, rather than just a very good forward.

I don't agree with the Messi example given, because if you watch him enough he is actually very good with his right and more than happy to use it. His left foot is certainly stronger, but his weak foot is still better than most players strong foot.

And yeah the crossing thing is annoying. In Sunday league most players manage to get a ball in the box. In the Prem, even a player as good as Eriksen struggles it. It's bizarre.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think if you look at the response from their respective fans. More Liverpool fans held their hands up and condemned Salah. There was a lot of, but but but from spurs fans trying to convince everyone Kane may have been touched etc

Forget about it Dave, we're used to it.

Tashy even come on the other week and said where are all the Liverpool fans tonight, despite 4 of us posting earlier on the said night.:)

Last edited:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Second goal was offside and Walker was lucky to be on the pitch and it wasn’t at the Etihad.
So Marriner can’t dislike you that much.
That walker tackle has summed up his season, he has been woeful. Deffo not a red though player going down the line with X number of City players covering. Some of his distribution was comical. He is deffo not Englands number one. If he cannot sort himself out and play to the level of last year. LB and RB is a major problem when playing better teams.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Hears a good stat for the ones that think Spurs are a one man team

7 wins and 3 draws in 10 games without Kane .

Give us a different slant on that one Phil ;)

D

Deleted member 15344

Who was it against ? What competition ? Over what time period ( - stats don’t always show the full story ) - can you give some context to the stat

we will certainly see in the next 10/11 games how much of a miss he is.

37 games in the league last year so he missed one league game - 7 in the CL

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

the obvious answer is anyone who watched the fulham game at the weekend and uses their own eyes

dont think theyre a one man side by any means but they are substantially poorer for him missing (as city are aguerro, liverpool salah etc etc)

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
the obvious answer is anyone who watched the fulham game at the weekend and uses their own eyes

dont think theyre a one man side by any means but they are substantially poorer for him missing (as city are aguerro, liverpool salah etc etc)
Definitely. We did well to almost sneak a point flat out but Spurs carried a threat all over the pitch (granted against our defence that's not hard). I don't think any club with top 4 and CL aspirations can afford to be a one man band which perhaps goes a way, without justifying the massive transfer fees, why the top sides across Europe all have deep squads especially up front

D

Deleted member 15344

Was listening to good old phone in tonight and the Chelsea fans not happy bunch especially with Sarri , suggestions that if they don’t beat Spurs then he is gone !? Seems a bit mad even if I can understand some of frustrations with the way he has the team set up - but surely the manager isn’t going to yet ?

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
A good old phone in with disgruntled fans. Whatever next? Do you really think Chelsea would sack him before the end of the season at the earliest? Even if they lose to Spurs is it really all over for the 4th place?

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Was listening to good old phone in tonight and the Chelsea fans not happy bunch especially with Sarri , suggestions that if they don’t beat Spurs then he is gone !? Seems a bit mad even if I can understand some of frustrations with the way he has the team set up - but surely the manager isn’t going to yet ?

Reports that Sarri got a lot of stick from the Chelsea fans last game, with there record with managers nothing would surprise me, don't think they will lose against the one man team(y)

Chelsea are favourites for the second leg but you never know.