And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
IMO Klopp has listened to Clyne and thought we've got TAA, Gomez, Fabinho and Milner who are all equally as good at RB and has granted clyne his permission to leave.

I dont think either Klopp or Clyne deserve to be criticised. It seems like its a amicable agreement. i wouldnt want Klopp to keep a unhappy squad player.

I'm just surprised a player would rather go and play for a mid table side than work and be ready to play in CL and a title challenge in case a situation arises like it has.

Will we miss Clyne?? No i don't think we will. Typical knee jerk reactions from some.

Under normal circumstances and with everyone fit, I'd agree totally.

Whats the big hurry from our point of view though? To me its about timing, and the timing of this loan deal is poor, with the defensive injuries we have.

D

Deleted member 1740

Why not keep Clyne till then, then let him go?

Bear in mind that our right back will be up against Zaha.

Dont worry abar Zaha, he spends most of his time on the floor😉

I reckon Klopp has asked himself this, Is clyne a better RB than Fabinho and decided hesnot so hes let him go.

If we dont beat Palace, it wont be becauase we've missed Clyne.

D

Deleted member 1740

Under normal circumstances and with everyone fit, I'd agree totally.

Whats the big hurry from our point of view though? To me its about timing, and the timing of this loan deal is poor, with the defensive injuries we have.

I'm guessing it had to do with £19m Solanke deal.
Its only poor because 3 day's later TAA gets injured. Injuries happen in football, its coincidental that its happened to our RB when weve just lt a RB go.

I've thrown stuff away thats been on the van for months, then 3 days later i've needed it.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What surprised me yesterday was right in the middle of a title chalenge Clyne actually asked klopp could he go out on loan.

That suggests to me that he hasnt got the appetite to be a team player.
Maybe after playing Milner instead of him couple of games ago he knows he’s got no chance .
So his only way of getting some games in is to move or loan.
I can understand this.
But we don’t know what was said between him and Klopp.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

I reckon Klopp has asked himself this, Is clyne a better RB than Fabinho and decided hesnot so hes let him go.

When he hits the floor though it can often be a penalty.

We were still taking a risk by letting him go straight away, with only one "proper" right back in place and still at the end of a run that sees lots of clubs have muscle and contact injuries, cos of durty bustards like Kompany.....:D

Regarding the van analogy, was it a 3 wood?;)

Yours, internet caretaker head coach.:whistle:

D

Deleted member 1740

When he hits the floor though it can often be a penalty.

We were still taking a risk by letting him go straight away, with only one "proper" right back in place and still at the end of a run that sees lots of clubs have muscle and contact injuries, cos of durty bustards like Kompany.....:D

Regarding the van analogy, was it a 3 wood?;)

Yours, internet caretaker head coach.:whistle:

Behave, little teams dont get pens away at the big boys.......

I

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Behave, little teams dont get pens away at the big boys.......

😂
If I remember right i did bring it up at the time he went. It wasn't meant as a pop at Liverpool, it was a more I have seen that happen at City in the past. And as recently as the last couple of months ago when Bravo got injured and we had no real back up to Ederson. Ironically the keeper we now have, I believe is better than Bravo so it remains to be seen what happens when Bravo is fit.
Back to the Clyne story, found it odd he was allowed to go, but and this is a massive but, how many fans want someone playing in there shirt when they don't want to be there.

D

Deleted member 15344

I see they have had a complete mare with VAR again tonight - really poor

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Unbelievable https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46896639

Surely the FA will investigate and fine Leeds heavily and will he have made his position untenable?

why on earth would his position be untenable? will have strengthened the Leeds fans love for him surely

not sure theyve broken any rules have they, and if anyone wants to get on the moral bandwagon in football this is hardly top of the list is it? fair play to them for their thoroughness imo

Pin-seeker

Visit site
why on earth would his position be untenable? will have strengthened the Leeds fans love for him surely

not sure theyve broken any rules have they, and if anyone wants to get on the moral bandwagon in football this is hardly top of the list is it? fair play to them for their thoroughness imo

Fair play to him for not giving a toss 😂

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I see they have had a complete mare with VAR again tonight - really poor
It's so frustrating. Such a great tool but they just keep doing it wrong and lending weight to the "change is bad" brigade. That ruled out Derby goal was so marginal that the goal should have stood - any reasonable doubt the benefit is meant to go with the striker. VAR is only meant to overall obvious blunders.

On Leeds - I don't really understand what all the fuss is about. Everyone scouts opposition at their matches, so is scouting their training sessions such really a huge departure from that? Fantastic trolling from Bielsa though holding a conference just to tell them he does it all the time. :LOL:. Bravo.

chrisd

Major Champion
Visit site
Where does this 11 day gap come in. Home to Palace on Saturday and so is there a potential for a slip up here and dropping some points? I doubt it as Palace aren't the most attack minded and potent side but the BBC report indicates there is a defensive shortage for a few weeks to come and Matip is short of match fitness. If they pick up any more defensive knocks on Saturday or against Leicester this could escalate into a real problem for Klopp

Not attack minded?

We've had 30+ attempts on goal in some recent matches and beaten Man City - the problem isn't attacking, its finding someone who can score 🤔🤔

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

I’ll give you and Liverbirdie a nibble.

Zaha goes down cause he gets fouled a lot as he is quick and very skilful, a bit like Hazard, Salah, Sterling, Rashford, Alli etc etc. but just without benefit of panels of ‘experts’ who happened.to have played for the top clubs, so he gets dug out more than most imo.

Anyway, Roy is doing a good job of wasting one of the best wide players in the league by playing him centrally at the moment, so your right back may not have to worry.

Benteke is back though.......I’m sure VVD is worried.....maybe not!

D

Deleted member 1740

Not attack minded?

We've had 30+ attempts on goal in some recent matches and beaten Man City - the problem isn't attacking, its finding someone who can score 🤔🤔

When’s Benteke back ?😀