And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 1740

I’ll give you and Liverbirdie a nibble.

Zaha goes down cause he gets fouled a lot as he is quick and very skilful, a bit like Hazard, Salah, Sterling, Rashford, Alli etc etc. but just without benefit of panels of ‘experts’ who happened.to have played for the top clubs, so he gets dug out more than most imo.

Anyway, Roy is doing a good job of wasting one of the best wide players in the league by playing him centrally at the moment, so your right back may not have to worry.

Benteke is back though.......I’m sure VVD is worried.....maybe not!

😁😁👍🏻

You can’t criticise Roy on here, they’ll be telling you how great of a manager he is after winning trophies all over Europe.......

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
😁😁👍🏻

You can’t criticise Roy on here, they’ll be telling you how great of a manager he is after winning trophies all over Europe.......

He is ‘o.k.’ as a manager and we’ve had far worse. We need to replace Roy soon though, hopefully at end of season and all done mutually etc. He can’t just keep going can he!?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced he's done nothing wrong!
What rules or regulations has he broke? Surely all he has done is try to outfox the opposition, and by the sounds of it been very thorough with it.
I don’t believe there hasn’t been a single manager that hasn’t done the same or similar.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It's so frustrating. Such a great tool but they just keep doing it wrong and lending weight to the "change is bad" brigade. That ruled out Derby goal was so marginal that the goal should have stood - any reasonable doubt the benefit is meant to go with the striker. VAR is only meant to overall obvious blunders.

On Leeds - I don't really understand what all the fuss is about. Everyone scouts opposition at their matches, so is scouting their training sessions such really a huge departure from that? Fantastic trolling from Bielsa though holding a conference just to tell them he does it all the time. :LOL:. Bravo.

Don’t panic VAR is being TRIALED and as such errors will be made noted and changed. The same as anything that is trialed. Not perfect to start with

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Don’t panic VAR is being TRIALED and as such errors will be made noted and changed. The same as anything that is trialed. Not perfect to start with
I get that, but they need to hurry up and get it right, as it's already been approved for next season's Premier League hasn't it? And we don't want a litany of errors at the start of next season.

As fans on the outside looking in it seems so easy to get right as well. Don't use it on every decision, only the ones where the ref doesn't have a clear view. And only overrule decisions that are blatantly wrong. Borderline stuff should be left to the ref's original decision.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I get that, but they need to hurry up and get it right, as it's already been approved for next season's Premier League hasn't it? And we don't want a litany of errors at the start of next season.

As fans on the outside looking in it seems so easy to get right as well. Don't use it on every decision, only the ones where the ref doesn't have a clear view. And only overrule decisions that are blatantly wrong. Borderline stuff should be left to the ref's original decision.

I would hope every goal that has a chance to be wrong whether obvious to the fan or not will be scrutinised by the var official

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
What surprises me is that by and large it worked very well in The World Cup. Are they working to different guidelines over here? We seem to be having more issues, or am I wrong in thinking that?

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What surprises me is that by and large it worked very well in The World Cup. Are they working to different guidelines over here? We seem to be having more issues, or am I wrong in thinking that?

I think it all to do with camera positions. By all accounts a new camera or position is going to be made in the near future

D

Deleted member 1740

Surely the use of VAR has to be questioned?

"Clear and obvious" was the mantra for use, now its almost every decision is being looked at, its not improving the game. PL football will end up stop/start and the enjoyment is slowly but surely being sucked out of the game.

We're trying to get the perfect game, its sport, its impossible.

anotherdouble

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

"Clear and obvious" was the mantra for use, now its almost every decision is being looked at, its not improving the game. PL football will end up stop/start and the enjoyment is slowly but surely being sucked out of the game.

Totally agree with you mate but if we are going to have it you can’t let some things go and var other things where do you draw the line. If a goal is scored but the offside was not clear and obvious do you not var it even though it shouldn’t be a goal. The goal line technology is top rate. I am an old fart so have seen many borderline goals both for and against my team, the world is still going round. I personally would have left it at goal line technology

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

If its there, it has to be fully used in all games in that comp/league and not selective games. However they should follow rugby and show the situation on the big screens so the crowd can follow and understand the ruling

D

Deleted member 1740

If its there, it has to be fully used in all games in that comp/league and not selective games. However they should follow rugby and show the situation on the big screens so the crowd can follow and understand the ruling

What do we/they want from it? Referee's are there to interpret the laws of the game. We see every ref doing this differently week to week. Its a matter of opinion and at times ALL refs get it wrong
As a match goer, sitting and waiting for VAR kills the atmosphere. Even with a big screen, It takes too long. I cant see how decisions can be made quicker.

Spurs v Chelsea last week was agood game til the last 20 odd mins of the 1st half, VAR killed the pace out of that game imo. Id like to hear from somebody who was in that ground that night.

Totally agree with you mate but if we are going to have it you can’t let some things go and var other things where do you draw the line. If a goal is scored but the offside was not clear and obvious do you not var it even though it shouldn’t be a goal. The goal line technology is top rate. I am an old fart so have seen many borderline goals both for and against my team, the world is still going round. I personally would have left it at goal line technology

You can.

Remember a few seasons ago Arsenal at your place when Gibbs got sent off for handball and it shouldve been Ox, VAR is perfect for that but trying to prove Kane was offside by a pubes length is pathetic.

Clear and obvious, not every decision/goal.