And, we’re off.......2018/2019

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Big loss for Spurs. Will they dip into the market and who is out there to match Kane? Perhaps with Son out as well one of the lesser players will take the chance to shine. Then again....

Not sure about my mob buying Babel https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46884791 I don't know if he's still got it at 31 in the PL and it smacks of a panic buy but I hope he proves me wrong

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just seen Kane's ankle injury tackles etc on Sky, having knackered me ankles up over the years, twisting um, going over on them snapping ligaments etc. My heart goes out to him.

Wolf

Visit site
Big loss for Spurs. Will they dip into the market and who is out there to match Kane? Perhaps with Son out as well one of the lesser players will take the chance to shine. Then again....

Not sure about my mob buying Babel https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46884791 I don't know if he's still got it at 31 in the PL and it smacks of a panic buy but I hope he proves me wrong
I'd question if Babel ever really had it, hugely inconsistent whenever I'd seen him play,. I'd say Fulham need someone that's got a bit more about them rather than a player who.is probably cashing in a last big(ish) payday

D

Deleted member 15344

So it’s minimum 8 weeks before he returns to training at the very least - that’s a lot of Prem and CL games affected. The lack of signing another forward will come back and hurt them unless they now pay way over the odds for someone. It will certainly show their ambitions now - if they don’t get someone in then I think miss out on CL which has the potential to really kick them

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I'd question if Babel ever really had it, hugely inconsistent whenever I'd seen him play,. I'd say Fulham need someone that's got a bit more about them rather than a player who.is probably cashing in a last big(ish) payday
My thought exactly. I was never impressed by him at Liverpool and he's not set the footballing world alight since. If he's come for a final pay day I hope he works for his cash (always an optimist.... I'm a Fulham fan)

D

Deleted member 1740

My thought exactly. I was never impressed by him at Liverpool and he's not set the footballing world alight since. If he's come for a final pay day I hope he works for his cash (always an optimist.... I'm a Fulham fan)

i thought he had lots of ability, just not got a brain to suit

D

Deleted member 1740

So it’s minimum 8 weeks before he returns to training at the very least - that’s a lot of Prem and CL games affected. The lack of signing another forward will come back and hurt them unless they now pay way over the odds for someone. It will certainly show their ambitions now - if they don’t get someone in then I think miss out on CL which has the potential to really kick them

Why do they need to pay over the odds?

D

Deleted member 15344

Why do they need to pay over the odds?

Clubs know they are desperate , Jan market isn’t a great place for bargains , not many available or clubs want to lose the level of player Spurs would want or need - I think wouldn’t be in a strong negotiation place

Tashyboy

Visit site
History shows that players bought in January can be absolute bargains. Liverpool in that respect have excelled at finding them.

D

Deleted member 15344

History shows that players bought in January can be absolute bargains. Liverpool in that respect have excelled at finding them.
And history shows you can get some horrors and at times pay a lot more than they are worth
Carrol a perfect example and Torres going to Chelsea

Alves , Bousomg , Mitroglou , Kramaric , Niasse , Cuadrado , the list can go on and on

There are prob more Carroll’s than Suarezs that’s for sure

Pin-seeker

Visit site
And history shows you can get some horrors and at times pay a lot more than they are worth
Carrol a perfect example and Torres going to Chelsea

Alves , Bousomg , Mitroglou , Kramaric , Niasse , Cuadrado , the list can go on and on

There are prob more Carroll’s than Suarezs that’s for sure

Type into google “flopps bought in the summer transfer window” aswell.
You’ll also find quite a few expensive ones there 😉

Tashyboy

Visit site
behave PS, Suarez was mentioned but Coutinho was financially a better buy. Barca paid give or take a few euros, €200 million for them two