And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
It makes me laugh how these Liverpool supporters have such short memories regarding having no cover.

We all remember telling them they needed a new keeper because the 2 they had were liabilities.
We could all see it but Klopp couldn’t.
Klopp took a massive risk waiting for VVD to become available (a big risk at the time) since the defenders was absolute crap.

I believe Spurs have got it wrong regarding Kane cover but there not doing half as bad as Liverpool were.

Laughable, absolutely laughable.

The Liverpool supporters were the first to recognise that we had two keepers not good enough.

Just because we are doing well at the moment, doesnt mean that we cant remember when we were in the same position. Spurs have done brilliantly under Poch, and could do even better with a few more good buys, or even if they flesh the squad out. Ring any bells? Levy needs to back him.

So what does the short memories comment actually entail, "voice of truth"?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

The Liverpool supporters were the first to recognise that we had two keepers not good enough.

Just because we are doing well at the moment, doesnt mean that we cant remember when we were in the same position. Spurs have done brilliantly under Poch, and could do even better with a few more good buys, or even if they flesh the squad out. Ring any bells? Levy needs to back him.

Short memory, could Mean like last night i was saying exactly the same as Liverpool fans are saying tonight. Some players are not good enough 😘

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Wagner says the club are better off without him. He wasn’t sacked. What’s your next narrative?
Seems to be a mutual decision https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46864005 Shame as I really like him and he's done a fantastic job for them but like Fulham they really haven't got going this year and I think we're both doomed so maybe he's clearing the way for someone to come in, get a feel for the squad so he can plan for life in the championship next season and build a squad to get them back out and move a few on

Tashyboy

Visit site
Re the Kompany tackle, at the time I thought he had played the ball, seen it since and ave seen Vinnie make the same tackle half a dozen times. Some of them he has been sent off for, and according to the letter of the law he should have. Two feet off the floor etc. However am not to sure that having two feet off and you lose control of your challenge. Ave seen plenty of challenges that are just as bad where players have one foot on the floor. The differance being intent. Thought Vinnie deffo went for the ball, but he caught Salah. Oddly enough, I thought the game was excellent with some tasty tackles from both teams. However Salah was on the end of some of them and he seemed to well "not like" the physical side of the game.
This is my take on Kompany challenges colchester. 👍posted just last week.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This is my take on Kompany challenges colchester. 👍posted just last week.
Getting the ball seems to be irelavent now as the ref seems to know what players intent is.
Boly got the ball studs showing , but watch it carefully ref was told by 4th official or Lino it was a red .
There’s just no consistency if that is at Molinuew it’s a yellow but at City it’s a red posh poor.

D

Deleted member 15344

It’s a red because the pressure on the ref isn’t as much as if he was looking to send off Kompany in the biggest game of the season - the ref bottled it big style in the Liverpool match .

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Just seen the tackle at half time. You can't tackle like that in the PL this year. Players need to wise up and stay on their feet.

The crowd are quiet without Tashy to lead the singing :LOL:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Getting the ball seems to be irelavent now as the ref seems to know what players intent is.
Boly got the ball studs showing , but watch it carefully ref was told by 4th official or Lino it was a red .
There’s just no consistency if that is at Molinuew it’s a yellow but at City it’s a red posh poor.
Thought the ref did well and bought himself some time and to get advice from the linesman or fourth official who may have had a closer view and could see the studs up. Definitely played the ball first but was deemed to be reckless. It's one of those that you've seen reds for but also seen a big melee around the ref who gives a yellow

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

The thing is Pete when you say Liverpool supporters that’s quite a lot,not all we’re saying you had two liabilities.
How can a Liverpool supporter criticise Poch for not covering Kane(although most people saw it coming)when Klopp took a massive risk waiting for VVD.
Yes he got his man,yes it’s working out so far,but if he never got his man that wait was a massive risk.

No clubs perfect but don’t criticise another when your clubs done exactly the same.
And it’s not aimed at you obviously as you never said it.

Tashyboy

Visit site
The thing is Pete when you say Liverpool supporters that’s quite a lot,not all we’re saying you had two liabilities.
How can a Liverpool supporter criticise Poch for not covering Kane(although most people saw it coming)when Klopp took a massive risk waiting for VVD.
Yes he got his man,yes it’s working out so far,but if he never got his man that wait was a massive risk.

No clubs perfect but don’t criticise another when your clubs done exactly the same.

In Mansfield we call it " double standards".

D

Deleted member 1740

Are you really having a pop at Klopp on a hypothetical basis?

Does this include you commenting on other teams players diving when your players are prone to a dive?

I asked you before who your post was aimed at and now its obvious, I expected better from you Tony, as you like to “tell it how it is”.

D

Deleted member 15344

Sums it up - we have clearly needed the right investment for the last 15 years and it’s took the last 3 summers to finally start to get somewhere- a lot of mistakes have been made some very expensive- we had a good period of CL football and didn’t take advantage of that , all it took was one season out for a backwards slide to start.

CL is crucial to help a team keep moving forward and we now have the right people in the right places making the transfers the manager wants happen ( even with the odd mistake namely VVD last summer ) but the money is being spent on the pitch - if Spurs don’t invest in the playing squad then they are going to have a shiney stadium to play Europa league football in , Arsenal had the same issues ( but for different reasons ) and they are now struggling to get back. Many people apart from Spurs fans stated that someone needed to arrive to help ease the burden on Kane - it didn’t happen and if Kane has an injury that’s more than just a couple weeks out then can see Spurs having a close battle for the top 4 slot