And, we’re off.......2018/2019

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It makes me laugh how these Liverpool supporters have such short memories regarding having no cover.

We all remember telling them they needed a new keeper because the 2 they had were liabilities.
We could all see it but Klopp couldn’t.
Klopp took a massive risk waiting for VVD to become available (a big risk at the time) since the defenders was absolute crap.

I believe Spurs have got it wrong regarding Kane cover but there not doing half as bad as Liverpool were.
We knew we didn’t have the cover so did Klopp he makes the calls.
That is what he’s paid for .
He wanted certain players VVD / Alison so he waited for them
We are top of the league so what he did is paying off.

He never panick bought the wrong players and Spurs should follow his example.
Buying second rate just to fill an injury is stupid imo.

D

Deleted member 1740

It makes me laugh how these Liverpool supporters have such short memories regarding having no cover.

We all remember telling them they needed a new keeper because the 2 they had were liabilities.
We could all see it but Klopp couldn’t.

Klopp took a massive risk waiting for VVD to become available (a big risk at the time) since the defenders was absolute crap.

I believe Spurs have got it wrong regarding Kane cover but there not doing half as bad as Liverpool were.

Who is this aimed at?

Give yourself a massive pat on the back👍🏻 Do you honestly believe Klopp couldn’t see where his problems were?
We Never had the budget to replace Rodgers’ squad in one or two transfer windows like others have in in recent PL history

He tried to address the GK situation with Karius and gave him a real chance to prove himself after he’d given Mignolet the same chance too but it didn’t work out. At that time we never (rightly or wrongly) had the budget to improve all the positions he wanted at once. Klopp can only be blamed for giving both keepers a fair chance, maybe he needed to be more ruthless but it’s easy being ruthless when you’re backed with oil money.

As for you telling them, I was vocal on the GK situation the summer we replaced Reina.

VVD- It was gross negligence at the time by the people in charge re the VVD saga last summer but he’s been worth waiting for though😉

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
To call any of the top teams a one man team is disrespectful to the other players, some of whom are top players.
One man team may be excessive, but I think it could be argued that Hazard, Kane and Salah (certianly last year) would have been the standouts for their respective teams Without them anything better than top 4 would be tricky imo.

Liverpool have since added further players of that pedigree and have made the jump to contenders where as I don’t think many expect anyone from the chasing pack to challenge for the title.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
The point is if you take Kane out of your team then I would suspect the team would struggle to reach top four - he is that pivotal to Spurs , I think we would be able to have a bit more output if we lost Salah for example and whilst we wouldn’t be as strong if we lost VVD we would still get a top four spot IMO - Kane is that good for Spurs the loss of him will be significant and whilst stats can always be used how many of Kane’s are match winning goals. I guess you are going to find out soon enough

I think this year your squad is strong enough for top 4 with one or two missing. Maybe not both the ones you mention at the same time due the the psychological aspect as much as their ability.

Last year Salah was certainly instrumental in everything good about you.

D

Deleted member 1740

One man team may be excessive, but I think it could be argued that Hazard, Kane and Salah (certianly last year) would have been the standouts for their respective teams Without them anything better than top 4 would be tricky imo.

Liverpool have since added further players of that pedigree and have made the jump to contenders where as I don’t think many expect anyone from the chasing pack to challenge for the title.

How many teams have 3/4/5 players in their 11 with the quality of the likes of Kane,Hazard,Aguero,Salah etc?

City??

That’s it, so injuries to top players in 99% of teams will always have a massive impact.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
How many teams have 3/4/5 players in their 11 with the quality of the likes of Kane,Hazard,Aguero,Salah etc?

City??

That’s it, so injuries to top players in 99% of teams will always have a massive impact.
Imo you have 3 now. And city have 4/5. That’s the difference these days.

I agree that doesn’t make the others one man teams as such as the other 10 are still bloody good. But I think you’re a fine example of how much difference 2/3 special players can make to a team with one.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
We knew we didn’t have the cover so did Klopp he makes the calls.
That is what he’s paid for .
He wanted certain players VVD / Alison so he waited for them
We are top of the league so what he did is paying off.

He never panick bought the wrong players and Spurs should follow his example.
Buying second rate just to fill an injury is stupid imo.
Ok going by your first point where Klopp makes the decisions,well then Poch makes the decisions that’s what he is paid for.
So for those questions Poch are they the ones who were questioning Klopp?
I definitely remember Klopp waiting for VVD and that’s proved a good decision,can’t remember Alison being mentioned to be waited for.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Who is this aimed at?

Give yourself a massive pat on the back👍🏻 Do you honestly believe Klopp couldn’t see where his problems were?
We Never had the budget to replace Rodgers’ squad in one or two transfer windows like others have in in recent PL history

He tried to address the GK situation with Karius and gave him a real chance to prove himself after he’d given Mignolet the same chance too but it didn’t work out. At that time we never (rightly or wrongly) had the budget to improve all the positions he wanted at once. Klopp can only be blamed for giving both keepers a fair chance, maybe he needed to be more ruthless but it’s easy being ruthless when you’re backed with oil money.

As for you telling them, I was vocal on the GK situation the summer we replaced Reina.

VVD- It was gross negligence at the time by the people in charge re the VVD saga last summer but he’s been worth waiting for though😉
It wasn’t aimed at anyone in particular I certainly won’t be going back over old posts to find out who.

Don’t give us the old sob story of being skint though,clubs always seem to find the money somehow.
I’m sure if an oil rich baron came along with billions the constant whining about City would soon stop.

D

Deleted member 1740

It wasn’t aimed at anyone in particular I certainly won’t be going back over old posts to find out who.

Don’t give us the old sob story of being skint though,clubs always seem to find the money somehow.
I’m sure if an oil rich baron came along with billions the constant whining about City would soon stop.

Your post was a generalisation that we all have short memories, i've disagreed with you.

I never said we were skint but equally our owners initially were a little cautious when it came to spending on top quality.

Theres a difference to being skint and having a budget.

Whining about City?? 😂😂😂😂

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ok going by your first point where Klopp makes the decisions,well then Poch makes the decisions that’s what he is paid for.
So for those questions Poch are they the ones who were questioning Klopp?
I definitely remember Klopp waiting for VVD and that’s proved a good decision,can’t remember Alison being mentioned to be waited for.
Agree the GK at the time there was nobody available so he had to wait.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Think it’s sad to see and a bit of a shame

He took them from avoiding relegation to league one to the Prem - then he did the unthinkable and kept them up a season , all without being able to bring in top players, they were always going to go down again soon enough. Shame they sacked him because I don’t see another manager doing anything better
Wagner says the club are better off without him. He wasn’t sacked. What’s your next narrative?