And, we’re off.......2018/2019

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
First, please ignore the club I support.

OK. You’re missing the point, it’s not about the cheats, it’s about protecting the players, it’s irrelevant who did the elbow or whether it affected Karius during the game.

It’s the fact that as the experts have said he could be affected hours, days, weeks after the incident.

Lots of incidents get missed, Karius told the Ref he’d been elbowed and regardless of whether he’s telling the truth or not the Referee should immediately stop the game and have the med team brought on.

That way the team of the player injured are aware of something happening.

A club (all clubs) should then have protocols in place for immediate or follow up action.(as you say)

As for the 10 minute thing, all 11 are equally important.

I’d rather we concentrated on caring for the genuine than backing away in case there are too many feigning.

Why fans of other teams are cynical is because, once again, the minority are shouting the loudest and are wanting replays and petitions and retrospective bans etc etc.
Edit: Cheers Gary, proves my point ;)

Rather than not accepting the result, nothing will change it, they should be putting their efforts into ensuring this doesn’t happen to anyone else and Karius gets the medical help if needed.
I havnt missed the point as one thing leads to another.
you heard the boy who cried wolf story.?
The refs must be sick and tired of these prima donas complaining so if he dosnt see it what can he do.
I agree the ref should have got him checked out but can also see why he didn’t!
Its poor really.
if all eleven are so important why sacrifice an out field player when the keeper is hurt to replace him?
I am yet to see any team play with ten men and NO keeper.

D

Deleted member 16999

I havnt missed the point as one thing leads to another.
you heard the boy who cried wolf story.?
The refs must be sick and tired of these prima donas complaining so if he dosnt see it what can he do.
I agree the ref should have got him checked out but can also see why he didn’t!
Its poor really.
if all eleven are so important why sacrifice an out field player when the keeper is hurt to replace him?
I am yet to see any team play with ten men and NO keeper.
But you’re focussing on the negative, the game would have to implement a policy with a clean slate, bollox to ref prejudices, if it transpires players are feigning injury then a severe punishment must be enforced.

Not saying play without a keeper, I’m saying if there is a 10 min rule then anyone of the 11 should be able to go of to be assessed

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
But you’re focussing on the negative, the game would have to implement a policy with a clean slate, bollox to ref prejudices, if it transpires players are feigning injury then a severe punishment must be enforced.

Not saying play without a keeper, I’m saying if there is a 10 min rule then anyone of the 11 should be able to go of to be assessed
Not negative just realistic I can’t see the players behaviour changing.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If the keeper was concussed and it’s being said it led to the mistakes what about the 2 world class saves he pulled off? Maybe he would have missed them if he hadn’t taken a knock on the head.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If the keeper was concussed and it’s being said it led to the mistakes what about the 2 world class saves he pulled off? Maybe he would have missed them if he hadn’t taken a knock on the head.
He made two mistakes that’s it.
If he had a problem he should have said so.
Only Karius knows if it affected him , but if he was struggling he should have come off for the good of the team.
At the end of the day we may never know.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Only Karius knows if it affected him , but if he was struggling he should have come off for the good of the team.

People with concussions don't always know they are.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
So I'm off to the England match tonight because a friend had a spare ticket. What a bizarre turn of events. My friend is a Liverpool fan so happy for her that she'll be seeing TAA making his England debut.

D

Deleted member 16999

Sgain you’re mixing fact with fiction, ignore the mistakes, the hospital did not state the concussion caused the mistakes.
They did state that he had a concussion, he failed 27 out of the 30 tests.
The issue is how we protect and look after the person.
There was a Irish international Rugby player, Paul O’Connell, who suffered a concussion and minutes later scored a try, then later taken off the pitch, he has no memory of his try and had to be shown video evidence.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
England are 12/1 to win the World Cup, for those of you that don’t understand how betting works, if you bet £10 on England you’ve just lost £10 😜

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
As it stands, Northern Ireland are due to play Israel in a friendly this September. I really hope we cancel that friendly, but knowing the pro-Israel stance from the DUP I can't imagine it will be cancelled.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
As it stands, Northern Ireland are due to play Israel in a friendly this September. I really hope we cancel that friendly, but knowing the pro-Israel stance from the DUP I can't imagine it will be cancelled.

Argentina have just cancelled one there for political reasons. I don't believe politics and sport should mix so if the friendly has been arranged then play it. I don't see anything has changed since the friendly was organised, the unpleasantness there seems pretty constant.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Decent finish from Radford, helped by a flat footed keeper. No doubt the press will be claiming we're cup winners if we beat what looks like a Costa Rican side that are hardly up for a game and more intent on picking up no injuries

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Decent finish from Radford, helped by a flat footed keeper. No doubt the press will be claiming we're cup winners if we beat what looks like a Costa Rican side that are hardly up for a game and more intent on picking up no injuries

Wish we would keep fast players who can finish like rashford and vardy playing more than sterling

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Navas is quite a short keeper so a bit susceptible to a dipping strike like that, it was so well hit though. Rashford had a great first half and the defenders were cacking their pants every time he ran at them. Nobody else has really stood out for us though. Vardy has done bugger all in particular. I like Loftus-Cheek, looks a good player with a lot to his game.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Sgain you’re mixing fact with fiction, ignore the mistakes, the hospital did not state the concussion caused the mistakes.
They did state that he had a concussion, he failed 27 out of the 30 tests.
The issue is how we protect and look after the person.
There was a Irish international Rugby player, Paul O’Connell, who suffered a concussion and minutes later scored a try, then later taken off the pitch, he has no memory of his try and had to be shown video evidence.
enlighten me what part of this is fiction?