And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 15344

Why are we even talking about last season in the 2018/2019 thread? Get over the loss already lol

It has nothing to do with the loss and more to do with the potential for serious injuries to players

Anyway

So what do Man Utd fans think of getting a sitting DM in Fred ? Someone to sit next to Matic and then Pogba to have no responsibility

Also what about the talk of Martial going to Spurs ( that seems madness )

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
It has nothing to do with the loss and more to do with the potential for serious injuries to players

Anyway

So what do Man Utd fans think of getting a sitting DM in Fred ? Someone to sit next to Matic and then Pogba to have no responsibility

Also what about the talk of Martial going to Spurs ( that seems madness )

There are rumours of Savic from Lazio with Pogba moving on, which I really hope does NOT happen. The idea of having another sitting midfielder could be a good thing - with Jose intending on giving the attacking players more freedom... or it could be a sign that we're going to shut up shop even more!

I'd like one of Martial or Rashford to go out on loan because they're both wasted at Man Utd right now but I'd be loathe to lose either for good, especially to a rival.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
There are rumours of Savic from Lazio with Pogba moving on, which I really hope does NOT happen. The idea of having another sitting midfielder could be a good thing - with Jose intending on giving the attacking players more freedom... or it could be a sign that we're going to shut up shop even more!

I'd like one of Martial or Rashford to go out on loan because they're both wasted at Man Utd right now but I'd be loathe to lose either for good, especially to a rival.
I think it's an admission that Pogba can't play a two man midfield. When you tried that it left Matic horribly exposed on his own since Pogba is as lazy as they come. You need to play him in a three, although throwing Herrera in there seems to work - maybe Jose desperately wants to play 4-2-3-1, with Pogba as the number 10, hence the need for someone to play next to Matic.

I'd be surprised if we get Martial but stranger things have happened. He would be swapping one bench for another, but he would definitely get on the pitch more for us at least. Think it would mean we sell Lamela or Lucas though.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
This is a very good twitter thread on the Karius incident

Also shows he wasn’t treated on the pitch and he informed the ref about the elbow

https://mobile.twitter.com/scienceofsport/status/1003861289200910336
The problem lies with the players to me.
To many divers , feigning injury and constant complaining to the ref about trivial incidents.
If the ref saw the elbow it’s piss poor from him, what’s the extra Lino watching
But Karius looked ok at the time .

But have seen players banned for this later on in the prem.

If a player has a head injury we need proper protocols to deal with it .
The doctors should always have the final say.

For the 10min subs it would get abused if three subs had already been used so just treat it like any other injury just take him off.
only the keeper should be replaced in this scenario imo

garyinderry

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Who hit karius on the head during the tie with Roma?

[video=youtube;4f8Mh9eJpv4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f8Mh9eJpv4[/video]

D

Deleted member 16999

The problem lies with the players to me.
To many divers , feigning injury and constant complaining to the ref about trivial incidents.
If the ref saw the elbow it’s piss poor from him, what’s the extra Lino watching
But Karius looked ok at the time .

But have seen players banned for this later on in the prem.

If a player has a head injury we need proper protocols to deal with it .
The doctors should always have the final say.

For the 10min subs it would get abused if three subs had already been used so just treat it like any other injury just take him off.
only the keeper should be replaced in this scenario imo
First, please ignore the club I support.

OK. You’re missing the point, it’s not about the cheats, it’s about protecting the players, it’s irrelevant who did the elbow or whether it affected Karius during the game.

It’s the fact that as the experts have said he could be affected hours, days, weeks after the incident.

Lots of incidents get missed, Karius told the Ref he’d been elbowed and regardless of whether he’s telling the truth or not the Referee should immediately stop the game and have the med team brought on.

That way the team of the player injured are aware of something happening.

A club (all clubs) should then have protocols in place for immediate or follow up action.(as you say)

As for the 10 minute thing, all 11 are equally important.

I’d rather we concentrated on caring for the genuine than backing away in case there are too many feigning.

Why fans of other teams are cynical is because, once again, the minority are shouting the loudest and are wanting replays and petitions and retrospective bans etc etc.
Edit: Cheers Gary, proves my point ;)

Rather than not accepting the result, nothing will change it, they should be putting their efforts into ensuring this doesn’t happen to anyone else and Karius gets the medical help if needed.

D

Deleted member 16999

Who from Liverpool FC isn't accepting the result?
Once again instead of sensible debate you take one line and try and look clever.
Nothing in my post is aimed at Liverpool Football Club, just the idiot minority fans.

Thanks for proving Utd has them as well.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Once again instead of sensible debate you take one line and try and look clever.
Nothing in my post is aimed at Liverpool Football Club, just the idiot minority fans.

Thanks for proving Utd has them as well.

The fans aren't able to make changes in policy - Liverpool FC are, so it's only logical to aim this stuff at the club. Stop acting the internet hard man when faced with a serious question.

D

Deleted member 16999

The fans aren't able to make changes in policy - Liverpool FC are, so it's only logical to aim this stuff at the club. Stop acting the internet hard man when faced with a serious question.
Internet hard man :rofl: how old are you :rofl:

It’s the idiot minority fans ignoring Karius and calling for replays and bans etc TO UEFA, read what I actually posted and not what you want to think I’ve posted.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
It’s the idiot minority fans ignoring Karius and calling for replays and bans etc TO UEFA, read what I actually posted and not what you want to think I’ve posted.

As you say, you know it's the idiot minority, so why give them credence?

D

Deleted member 16999

As you say, you know it's the idiot minority, so why give them credence?
Because they are the loudest, unfortunately, and the ones other teams fans are reacting too, tarring everyone with the same brush, you then get a lack of serious debate because the sensible ones are guarded to point scoring.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
Because they are the loudest, unfortunately, and the ones other teams fans are reacting too, tarring everyone with the same brush, you then get a lack of serious debate because the sensible ones are guarded to point scoring.

I haven't seen or heard any Liverpool fan with any nous saying that the game should be replayed or anything of the sort. I've seen stuff that RAWK retweet which is always a giggle but you know it's the fringe and there to be laughed at. I think there's a decent chance that Karius may have been affected to the point of having some impact in both the clangers he committed, though. But that's football, sadly.

D

Deleted member 16999

I haven't seen or heard any Liverpool fan with any nous saying that the game should be replayed or anything of the sort. I've seen stuff that RAWK retweet which is always a giggle but you know it's the fringe and there to be laughed at. I think there's a decent chance that Karius may have been affected to the point of having some impact in both the clangers he committed, though. But that's football, sadly.
The sensible ones haven’t.
I joined the debate on the twitter link lp provided, asked a couple of questions, got some genuine replies and was also abused as my profile pic is the Everton badge, no reading the debate, told it’s nothing to do with me etc.
It’s like on here, we could ALL at times take a step back and read the post not the poster, lot’s of times the decent stuff is lost in the noise.

D

Deleted member 16999

Please please please don’t bring tw@tter spats onto here, everyone knows that place is full of ball ends 😂
That’s how some on the forum describe the footy thread :thup: