And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Fish

Banned
Visit site
I think if the medical staff had asked all the players how they felt and checked for concussion or anything that could affect their playing ability, they’d have had to of taken them all off 😜😂

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I think Wenger admitted as much himself I’m the past. It surprises me the ACN hasn’t been moved yet. I seem to recall saying that winter was it’s historical date and wouldn’t change. I guess no oil rich African nature had other ideas.....
Someone might have said this in the previous few pages, but it has been moved. The next one is in June 2019.

D

Deleted member 16999

Every concussion is treated like a serious injury until it's proven differently. And yes, some people have said above that he was not concussed.
Everyone on here, including me is guessing, no one said Karius, LPool or Doctors lied.
Questions about club procedures were asked and some questioned the timing and location of scan.
The idiots are in full force on social media now explaining how the concussion caused him to throw the ball to Benzema as the concussion had given judgement problems, strange how none are questioning the decent saves he made while at 1-1 or 1-2. :confused:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Does anyone know a good website for World Cup Fantasy Football? I was hoping one would be up now the squads are finalised but Google hasn't brought me any luck.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
This is a genuine question because I didn't see the official statement, but did Liverpool ever say Salah dislocated his shoulder? I saw a lot of media saying things like "suspected dislocation" but I never saw it confirmed.

Also, how would you know that he didn't? It's not uncommon for a small dislocation to immediately relocate. Yea, there is a large chance of cartilage damage if so, but a small dislocation could also cause as little as a sprain in the rotator cuff which could be what he's being treated for.

Sala going off with a teeny pain in his shoulder was a joke. Any physio worth their salt would have had him strapped up in seconds and rubbed in a a bit of Voltarol. Sala saw this as a way of getting off early before his transfer after the World Cup, which I may remind you all of, HE IS FIT TO PLAY IN. What a surprise!

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
This is a genuine question because I didn't see the official statement, but did Liverpool ever say Salah dislocated his shoulder? I saw a lot of media saying things like "suspected dislocation" but I never saw it confirmed.

Also, how would you know that he didn't? It's not uncommon for a small dislocation to immediately relocate. Yea, there is a large chance of cartilage damage if so, but a small dislocation could also cause as little as a sprain in the rotator cuff which could be what he's being treated for.

As I put and you rightly say "as reported" regarding Salah,

As for a dislocated shoulder which was reported, if it was not the case surely someone from the club would have come out and told the real issue.
I have first hand experience on DS and have also had one pop back in straight after it came out,and that's probably what happened.

It does seem with some clubs more than others they lie to the fans behind injuries to save face,especially when a move is imminent.
To be honest I have not followed the Salah saga but I guarantee he will play in the WC.

Its sounds like the media blew it up all out of proportion to feed the masses of distraught fans.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Even looking at the good old NHS website it even says “may not be obvious for a few days” - so with only Karius prob knowing that he had been hit in the head and I expect he was quite distraught and not thinking prob then I’m not sure telling the medical staff would have been a priority for him

But I guess it’s easier to point fingers

I played rugby 7 days after a serious head collision. 2 days later I collapsed, taken to hospital, diagnosed with a skull fracture and severe concussion. 2 years to recover... I say give Karius and the Liverpool staff more than the benefit of the doubt.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

Sala going off with a teeny pain in his shoulder was a joke. Any physio worth their salt would have had him strapped up in seconds and rubbed in a a bit of Voltarol. Sala saw this as a way of getting off early before his transfer after the World Cup, which I may remind you all of, HE IS FIT TO PLAY IN. What a surprise!

Lol even I'm not that cynical

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Gossip column on the BBC Sport website saying that Fellaini is likely to sign for Arsenal, a bit like Maureen becoming the manager - you want to cheer your team on, but a little bit of you dies every time you do!

Edit : Just re read he's only having talks with 2 other offers on the table so there's still hope!

Also reporting that Sadio Mane had agreed to join Real Madrid before Zidane resigned. I thought that if any of the Liverpool players were to go there it would be Salah.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I played rugby 7 days after a serious head collision. 2 days later I collapsed, taken to hospital, diagnosed with a skull fracture and severe concussion. 2 years to recover... I say give Karius and the Liverpool staff more than the benefit of the doubt.

The point to this though Brian is that medical staff for all sports are all over concussion now. Had you had this collision now whilst playing for Bath you would be checked for signs of concussion straight off, priority number one, assuming you were not lying prostrate on the ground. Any whack on the head should bring about automatic checks for concussion, the dangers are well known. Your example is one from the amateur game, assuming some years ago, not elite sport.

D

Deleted member 16999

Isn’t that the issue though Bri? Did Karius or LPool medical team take the situation seriously enough?
We can accept Karius may of ignored or chose not to say anything after the game, but surely someone in the medical team should of at least checked him over (and they may of done).
He was at risk flying on holiday and if it comes out he did cover up or ignore any symptoms then he’s a lucky lad.

D

Deleted member 15344

Salah actually hasn’t been fully cleared to play yet - still going through full fitness tests etc before he will be fully declared fit to play in their opening match

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Interesting bigger question on this. Does football have head impact policies in place. Watched couple of head collisions between Nigeria players during the friendly at the weekend. I know they are different sports with different levels of impact but most head to head collisions in rugby would result in both players being taken off the pitch for a 10 minute assessment with reserves being allowed to take their place whilst this goes on. Maybe it is time for football to do the same.

That said, if the concussion was such that it impacted on a players ability then the player should have realised that something was not right.

D

Deleted member 15344

Interesting bigger question on this. Does football have head impact policies in place. Watched couple of head collisions between Nigeria players during the friendly at the weekend. I know they are different sports with different levels of impact but most head to head collisions in rugby would result in both players being taken off the pitch for a 10 minute assessment with reserves being allowed to take their place whilst this goes on. Maybe it is time for football to do the same.

That said, if the concussion was such that it impacted on a players ability then the player should have realised that something was not right.

Currently football doesn’t have the same level of head injury assessments that you see in rugby

If a player has gone down and requires a physio to attend the pitch due to a head injury then the doctor must carry out his assessment and it’s up to him if the player goes back on. The initial assessment if they suspect concussion or the player may have lost consciousness etc is to ask all the relevant questions about what’s going currently etc. As well as judge from the players reactions and the sort of blow

The issue with Karius is he was hit in the head went down and then got up to complain to the ref who waved play on. If the medical staff don’t come on then they can’t give the assessment which in this situation was clear because the actual incident wasn’t clear at the time.