And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Regardless of the final etc but concussion can be very serious so I hope for his sake it’s nothing too serious but still it’s certainly not something to laugh at - understand he is staying in tbe US for a month to monitor him . Guess in the US they take it a bit more seriously after all the issues they have had -

If it's true then the medical staff at Liverpool need to take a good look at themselves. There has been enough talk about concussion and the problems it brings that there should be no chances taken with it.

D

Deleted member 15344

If it's true then the medical staff at Liverpool need to take a good look at themselves. There has been enough talk about concussion and the problems it brings that there should be no chances taken with it.

It was the Liverpool medical staff who sent him for the tests

D

Deleted member 15344

But they missed it during the game.

Which is easily done without a sport having a head injury assessments - the same would have happened to any player who didn’t go down and stay down injured during the match. If Karius isn’t complaining of any issues or showing any symptoms what do you expect the medical staff to do ? It wasn’t mainly known to most what Ramos did until the next day

Concussion symptoms can occur a good deal amount of time after the event

But I guess that doesn’t allow for any point scoring :thup:

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
You’d have thought that he or them would have picked up on it after the incident if it was bad enough to cause concussion 🙄

Exactly. This has come out a week after the CL final and surely if it's as bad as it seems then he'd have shown some symptoms before now and these should have been assessed earlier

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/concussion/#signs-and-symptoms-of-concussion

I would have hoped Karius of the medical staff will have realised something was wrong quicker than a week

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I think Wenger admitted as much himself I’m the past. It surprises me the ACN hasn’t been moved yet. I seem to recall saying that winter was it’s historical date and wouldn’t change. I guess no oil rich African nature had other ideas.....

It has been moved. Next tournament, 2019, is being held in June and July to avoid the problems discussed.

D

Deleted member 16999

Exactly mate, they “ordered” him to go for testing while he was on holiday in America, surely they should of got him assessed immediately on his return to the UK prior to him going on holiday.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...-scan-holiday-liverpool-medical-staff-feared/

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Which is easily done without a sport having a head injury assessments - the same would have happened to any player who didn’t go down and stay down injured during the match. If Karius isn’t complaining of any issues or showing any symptoms what do you expect the medical staff to do ? It wasn’t mainly known to most what Ramos did until the next day

Concussion symptoms can occur a good deal amount of time after the event

But I guess that doesn’t allow for any point scoring :thup:

I don't care who he plays for, concussion has been a very clear issue in recent years and all sports are now very clear about its dangers. Staff should be razor sharp on this and you should certainly not be relying on the word of a player in a final.

No point scoring on this, not when it comes to player safety. Sad if you think otherwise.

D

Deleted member 15344

I don't care who he plays for, concussion has been a very clear issue in recent years and all sports are now very clear about its dangers. Staff should be razor sharp on this and you should certainly not be relying on the word of a player in a final.

No point scoring on this, not when it comes to player safety. Sad if you think otherwise.

Of course it’s point scoring - you only have to read the posts on here. The medical staff have followed all the correct medical protocol and procedures unless you want to provide some proof they didn’t then you are just looking to point score by blaming them.

Football doesn’t have in game full head injury assessment - they will carry out the required checks and then also trust the player when asking him for symptoms and doing the basic checks - are you going to suggest that the medical staff ignored both ?

The player didn’t stay down for him to be assessed on the pitch by the physios he just got up and carried on playing

A couple of days after the event when looking at footage the collision was seen ( not one person mentioned it on here during the night because no one noticed ) so they got him to go get checks 4 days after the event as soon as he could.

These medical staff are professional and fully qualified and know what they are doing - are you the same to allow you to question what they did - I doubt it so it’s just good old point scoring as are the other posts which doesn’t surprise me with the posters

D

Deleted member 1740

Exactly. This has come out a week after the CL final and surely if it's as bad as it seems then he'd have shown some symptoms before now and these should have been assessed earlier

I would have hoped Karius of the medical staff will have realised something was wrong quicker than a week

I dont remember Karius having treatment at the time of the Ramos collision so how could the medical staff diagnose if karius had cocussion?

D

Deleted member 16999

Whatever you say will be seen as point scoring, so Karius never mentioned it after the match and no one asked what he was complaining to the officials about during the game.
Suddenly someone posts the incident on twitter and the club become aware 4 days later and order him to be checked out.
We can all only guess on here what did or didn’t happen and by whom.
I wonder if this will mean those fans who stated he’d played his last game for LPool will now give him a second chance.

D

Deleted member 15344

I dont remember Karius having treatment at the time of the Ramos collision so how could the medical staff diagnose if karius had cocussion?

He didn’t have treatment because the ref waved him away after his complaints and he got on with the game

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

I posted a list of common symptoms from the NHS website and enough there that both the player and the medical staff could have recognised as being unusual and started investigations earlier. There should have been a degree of responsibility with the player too who will have known how severe the contact was and how he was feeling in the following days and he should have mentioned this to the Liverpool staff.

D

Deleted member 1740

He didn’t have treatment because the ref waved him away after his complaints and he got on with the game

Correct, so how could the medical staff check him out?

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Of course it’s point scoring - you only have to read the posts on here. The medical staff have followed all the correct medical protocol and procedures unless you want to provide some proof they didn’t then you are just looking to point score by blaming them.

Football doesn’t have in game full head injury assessment - they will carry out the required checks and then also trust the player when asking him for symptoms and doing the basic checks - are you going to suggest that the medical staff ignored both ?

The player didn’t stay down for him to be assessed on the pitch by the physios he just got up and carried on playing

A couple of days after the event when looking at footage the collision was seen ( not one person mentioned it on here during the night because no one noticed ) so they got him to go get checks 4 days after the event as soon as he could.

These medical staff are professional and fully qualified and know what they are doing - are you the same to allow you to question what they did - I doubt it so it’s just good old point scoring as are the other posts which doesn’t surprise me with the posters

No one mentioned it because it was a none incident and it didn’t cause concussion.
But you just keep saying it’s point scoring Phil👍🏻
Obviously with you being a massive Liverpool fan you’ll believe it