And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 15344

Very sensible set of signings
We need a right back tick
Need a centre back tick (yes santos from nice)
Need better midfielders tick
Anderson would replace Antonio who is off hopefully
Rondon would be decent. Played under Pellegrini before I believe but also is a replacement for Carroll and hugill on bench. Good goal scorer

Well looking at his record I’m not sure anyone could say Rondon is a good goalscorer - not once into double figures in the Prem

Santos had a really good year in France - not sure how he would react to the physical nature of the Prem but he certainly was highly rated a while back

Anderson and Pastore both strange in terms of for years they were both highly rated and highly sought after by a lot of big clubs but their stock seems to have dropped over the years - they remind me a bit like Shaqiri

So it does seem like a lot of signings not used to the Prem to come in.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Well looking at his record I’m not sure anyone could say Rondon is a good goalscorer - not once into double figures in the Prem

Santos had a really good year in France - not sure how he would react to the physical nature of the Prem but he certainly was highly rated a while back

Anderson and Pastore both strange in terms of for years they were both highly rated and highly sought after by a lot of big clubs but their stock seems to have dropped over the years - they remind me a bit like Shaqiri

So it does seem like a lot of signings not used to the Prem to come in.

PSG need to meet FFP
Anderson wants to play for Pellegrini
Santos is a risk but one needed to be taken
Rondon would be a very good 4th choice striker

Hernandez will stay for Pellegrini and Marko has played well as a striker that’s our first 2 choices

Carroll won’t leave 1 year left on contract he won’t be sold no one will buy him so he will be 3rd choice with finally Rondon to basically play the Carroll role when Carroll is injured

24 goals in 108 games isn’t great but in that time would be interested to look into how many games Carroll has managed!

Just looked at it.. 3 seasons Rondon did that in .. 8 goals a season but average of 36 games a season

Carroll in 6 seasons has scored 33 goals in 114 premier league games....

That’s why Rondon is much better than he sounds.. you can actually have him around

Last edited:

Pin-seeker

Visit site
A friendly warm up and players still feel the need to dive/cheat.
It really is just part of the game to them.
Sad,very sad.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
That was one of the worst dives I've ever seen, Sterling should hold his head in shame.

He should hold his head in shame at his ball control, first touch and distribution. Truly shocking and I still don't think he's a world class striker and I can't see him doing much in a few weeks. There again, that is something I would say about a number of players. I didn't think much of the second half performance at all and we laboured.

On a separate note, Fredericks to West Ham is a good purchase for them. He had a very good season but I'm a little annoyed he clearly had no intention of signing no matter what deal was offered. Having got the PL I would have hoped he might have stayed and I'm not sure whether West Ham are really going to offer much more in terms of performance and winning anything

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He should hold his head in shame at his ball control, first touch and distribution. Truly shocking and I still don't think he's a world class striker and I can't see him doing much in a few weeks. There again, that is something I would say about a number of players. I didn't think much of the second half performance at all and we laboured.

On a separate note, Fredericks to West Ham is a good purchase for them. He had a very good season but I'm a little annoyed he clearly had no intention of signing no matter what deal was offered. Having got the PL I would have hoped he might have stayed and I'm not sure whether West Ham are really going to offer much more in terms of performance and winning anything

Different stages tho, Fulham have just come up and will need time to build

We have been up a while. Bigger fan base and a bigger stadium at the moment

Plus a manager who can finally attract some good players as he is so well respected

Really looking forward to finally having a decent right back

Hope you stay up always enjoy Fulham games

D

Deleted member 1740

Not if the RM fans get their way. Klopp was way out in front when the fans got polled on who they wanted as their next manager. Presumably taking Salah with him.

Its a good job Allardyce is free :whistle:

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Agree with you about Sterling his first touch and decision making is very poor, his performances for England have been mostly awfull , after the last tournament which he was dreadful I thought he just couldn't make the step up to international football.

Sadly Southgate will start him in the first game I think but I would rather see Rashford incorporated into the team.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Agree with you about Sterling his first touch and decision making is very poor, his performances for England have been mostly awfull , after the last tournament which he was dreadful I thought he just couldn't make the step up to international football.

Sadly Southgate will start him in the first game I think but I would rather see Rashford incorporated into the team.
He was like this at Liverpool but he hasn’t improved imo.

He looks very good in city’s team but England are no Man City.

Had this discussion with Tashy a while back , but I can see the goals he has scored as a positive but England don’t play like city , so he has to do it himself and it ends up like yesterday poor touch and his finishing is woeful .

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Had this discussion with Tashy a while back , but I can see the goals he has scored as a positive but England don’t play like city , so he has to do it himself and it ends up like yesterday poor touch and his finishing is woeful .

Think we all know that England haven't the class of players that City have and will never be able to play the free flowing football that City play, imo Sterling has been fortunate to play with so many top players and this is the reason he has scored a lot of goals with many of them coming with one touch in the box,if he wasn't playing in such a great side he would have struggled to get half the goals he has this season.

Southgate said in the interview after the game that he thought Sterling played well, and I think he will probebly start with him in the side I just can't see him having a good World Cup given his past performances when playing for England.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site

I read that Fredericks demanded to be the highest paid player at Fulham. If that's true he wants his head checking. How many teams have a full back as their top paid player?? I don't even think he's that good, he's just rapid. Like an English DeAndre Yedlin.

On West Ham potential signings - I cannot fathom why you would buy Rondon. He's probably a worse version of Carroll but with a better fitness record obviously. I don't think it's an upgrade though. He's not a goalscorer, he's just a decent targetman and hold-up player. Reminds me of Emile Heskey. Although I think Pastore was mentioned earlier in the thread (I had about 20 pages to catch up so I skimmed), and he would be absolutely class. When he was playing regularly for PSG, Cantona apparently claimed he was the best player in the world. That was a bit of a lunatic claim of course, but he's still a class player. I would take him at Spurs as back-up for Eriksen (or replacement if we lost him). Or maybe even as cover for Dembele if he goes.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

Watched the game and I thought England were so so. sterling set up Kane for his goal, but it was not the set up that impressed me. Look at Sterlings movement when he laid it off. He is 8 yd from the keeper looking for a rebound. That is how he has got Stevie Wonder goals. When he was through one on one, where was Kane so Sterling could knock it side ways.
I think two up front is the way forward, whether that is Kane and sterling, hmmm. Thought sterling diving/falling was poor very poor. but what happened to Alli, if we do not get any creativity in midfield. Two up front will be a waste of time. Playing Dier and Henderson should help defence, but none of them create.

U

User62651

Watched the game and I thought England were so so. sterling set up Kane for his goal, but it was not the set up that impressed me. Look at Sterlings movement when he laid it off. He is 8 yd from the keeper looking for a rebound. That is how he has got Stevie Wonder goals. When he was through one on one, where was Kane so Sterling could knock it side ways.
I think two up front is the way forward, whether that is Kane and sterling, hmmm. Thought sterling diving/falling was poor very poor. but what happened to Alli, if we do not get any creativity in midfield. Two up front will be a waste of time. Playing Dier and Henderson should help defence, but none of them create.

Re this saw a piece by Pat Nevin saying an option for England is to play to their strengths which is forward pace in Vardy and Rashford, midfield is a weakness so bypass midfield and use a long ball over the top. Not pretty but an option. Mix it up more.