And, we’re off.......2018/2019

User2021

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Watford were approached through proper channels by the way.

Silvas agent met with representatives from Everton whilst Silva was employed by Watford and without permission.

Hardly the proper channels and why Everton were served with a legal letter.

Only once the snakes representative was caught out did Everton make contact through the correct channel

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Serious question, are you a little worried that Conte is still in charge, ie you are not giving long enough for a new manager to come in? The World Cup starts in 2 weeks, the big players will be tied up there and inertia will rule. You could be happy for him to stay of course, he won you the league and is a top man, so this may suit.

What are you thinking?

If Conte can sort out his issues with the board, then you could see a different Conte next season if he stays, personally I think he's as good as gone, but the status quo can't stay the same or players will want to leave as he obviously has some issues with some, and if he stays and players like Hazard & Willian want to go, then as much as I don't agree with player rule, if there's clashes of personalities and Conte is not picking the strongest side, which he didn't many times leaving key players out, then Conte has to go!

As for time, I don't think with the world cup many managers will have much time with their new players or clubs pror to pre-season, some will still join on pre-season late and some will be rested and thrown in the deep end, a new manager cannot be judged too quickly in these circumstances, irrelevant of who it is.

D

Deleted member 16999

Silvas agent met with representatives from Everton whilst Silva was employed by Watford and without permission.

Hardly the proper channels and why Everton were served with a legal letter.

Only once the snakes representative was caught out did Everton make contact through the correct channel
You should pass this information to Watford, the case would be cut and dried.

Is this the Watford that sent an email containing a contract directly to Silva whilst he was still Hull’s manager?

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well, I am hoping for the perfect storm of Mauricio moving south...
Madrid must be looking rather good, to him, presently...

And, Roman staying locked out...

Potentially making it a whole lot quieter in these parts...

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Well, I am hoping for the perfect storm of Mauricio moving south...
Madrid must be looking rather good, to him, presently...

And, Roman staying locked out...

Potentially making it a whole lot quieter in these parts...

And if he can peel Kane off the window and take him with him, that would be perfect.

D

Deleted member 15344

:thup:

LP - Allardyce got his pay off, a whopping pay off, so no tears required. He had his chance, team were safe, brief fulfilled. He had a 1/4 or more of the season left as a chance to show the owner and the fans how he could take the team forward, why they should buy season tickets for next year. He flopped, he failed. The ground was a morgue. He had Walcott and Bolassie sitting in front of the full backs instead of bombing on, a good game for him was two shots at goal. Had he shown anything during the last part of the season then I would have agreed that he earned his chance for a full year but he blew it.

I'm still laughing at your last quote. I have ordered medical help to go around to Paul's as he may have had a hernia with the amount of laughter it caused. Next time you are in the pub around Anfield, Stu can give directions, feel free to take a straw poll and see the response. I suspect you will be wearing a lot of lager within seconds of asking the question.

So Sam does ok intially to stablise the club not his players , and then he is only given 8/9 games and he is out

So as you like situations- so it’s November and Silva has brought in his own players but they just aren’t gelling with the team getting a few scrappy wins but a good number of defeats and draws which sees Everton around 13th only say 5 points off bottom but 10 away from top 6 - do the Everton fans demand he is sacked , start to boo him and demand he is sacked ? Surely they must if they demanded the same from Allardyce

D

Deleted member 16999

And what if were top 4 with Lpool say 13th will Lpool fans say we were right about Allardyce and want him in for Klopp?
:rofl:

Lets come up scenarios all day about how Everton were wrong to get rid of Allardyce.

Lord T your turn ;)

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Sam stabilised the club but did not even attempt to move it forward, not one jot. He did the same at Newcastle, same at West Ham. He does what he does, no more.

Fans will give Silva time if the team are not gelling but they can see a plan that is more than putting 10 men behind the ball and hoping to nick a goal from a set piece. We know players need time to gel, but we also need hope that the manager is trying to move us forward. If that hope is not there then the fans will not accept it, why would they? If they can see a plan but need patience for the plan to be put into effect then the fans will give him time. That seems pretty reasonable to me, standard across most teams as well.

Okay Paul, Everton were wrong to get rid of Allardyce because Everton simply got too big for their boots. 8th should be our pinnacle, our dream. We will change our motto to Nothing but 8th is good enough (I'll have to get the latin element translated. Allardyce would have fulfilled the motto each and every year, earning a £5m bonus each time as anything less would have been an absolute insult to someone who does exactly what is required. Keeping Allardyce would also have saved the club money as there would have been no need to move to a new stadium, season ticket sales dropping off year on year as fans switch to supporting Tranmere. Sam was only thinking of our future, the fans were going to bring about the ruination of our club.

The good news for Liverpool is that when they drop to 5th next year, clearly leading to Klopp being sacked for taking the club backwards, then they will not have to pay any other club money to bring Sam in. He is free of a contract and can start straight away. Big relief for Koppites :thup:

Last edited:

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
So Sam does ok intially to stablise the club not his players , and then he is only given 8/9 games and he is out

So as you like situations- so it’s November and Silva has brought in his own players but they just aren’t gelling with the team getting a few scrappy wins but a good number of defeats and draws which sees Everton around 13th only say 5 points off bottom but 10 away from top 6 - do the Everton fans demand he is sacked , start to boo him and demand he is sacked ? Surely they must if they demanded the same from Allardyce

Surely you're not using a hypothetical scenario to try and make a point...........

i think the everton fans, and even some Liverpool fans have commented that style of play can be important.

You've constantly criticised the likes or pardew, hughes and allardyce. So why can't other fans want more for their team than those few mentioned?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 15344

Should Poch head south I fully expect several others to follow him on the migration...

Like spuds in a row...

There is lots of talk of Pochettino being favourite etc but I guess the crucial thing is the release clause and if it exists - if not then going to cost a lot but these days it’s rare for a manager to not have one especially when it’s clear he is ambitions.

D

Deleted member 1418

What was the plans re where Chelsea were playing whilst the ground was rebuilt

Nothing was ever confirmed but there was talk of 3 possible options - Twickenham, London Stadium (highly unlikely given our fans and West Hams did there best to wreck some of it the other season!) and Wembley once the Spuds moved out.

Wembley most likely option.

Think the Abramovich thing is a storm in a tea cup. His visa will be renewed eventually, especially with Israeli nationality. Pretty sure his youngest child was born in UK too so there's that angle.

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
There is lots of talk of Pochettino being favourite etc but I guess the crucial thing is the release clause and if it exists - if not then going to cost a lot but these days it’s rare for a manager to not have one especially when it’s clear he is ambitions.

Well, I hope they get on with the deal PDQ...
As, I am out with some spuds in a couple of weeks...
And, I can help them out with their grief management...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 16999

Surely you're not using a hypothetical scenario to try and make a point...........

i think the everton fans, and even some Liverpool fans have commented that style of play can be important.

You've constantly criticised the likes or pardew, hughes and allardyce. So why can't other fans want more for their team than those few mentioned?
It’s ok, a few red noses are obsessed with us ;)

pbrown7582

Money List Winner
Visit site
Serious question, are you a little worried that Conte is still in charge, ie you are not giving long enough for a new manager to come in? The World Cup starts in 2 weeks, the big players will be tied up there and inertia will rule. You could be happy for him to stay of course, he won you the league and is a top man, so this may suit.

What are you thinking?

wouldnt Roman's lack of visa and hissy fit be more worrying at present?

D

Deleted member 1418

wouldnt Roman's lack of visa and hissy fit be more worrying at present?

Not really. We're a huge club and global brand now which means if he decides he's had enough some other billionaire will just come in and take over.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Think the Abramovich thing is a storm in a tea cup. His visa will be renewed eventually, especially with Israeli nationality. Pretty sure his youngest child was born in UK too so there's that angle.

He's now withdrawn his application, I think this is a game of poker, politics and sport shouldn't mix IMO.