And, we’re off.......2018/2019

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s an absolute disgrace clubs and fans having ambition and wanting the players to show pride and passion in their performances.

To any LPool fans out there (this question may of been asked but not answered).

Would you have Allardyce as your manager if he guaranteed you finishing 4th (your expected place) with his style of Football?
NO.
But money talks and the fans have no say.
Look at the Wenger out campaign, he still picked his own time to quit.

D

Deleted member 1418

Just outta interest, the FA are willing to sell Wembley for £700 million give or take a few bob. But Chelsea's ground Improvements will cost £1 Billion. Give or take a few Bob. Why dosent Roman buy Wembley.

Am I missing owt here.

More or less a complete rebuild of Stamford Bridge so, along other factors, hence the hefty price tag. Personally I like the fact that we're staying at our original home and not moving like others have done.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
More or less a complete rebuild of Stamford Bridge so, along other factors, hence the hefty price tag. Personally I like the fact that we're staying at our original home and not moving like others have done.

I agree, although I was happy if we'd have got the Battersea site.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

What was the plans re where Chelsea were playing whilst the ground was rebuilt

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
So you think that if the team loses but plays entertaining football but ends up bottom half of the table then people will be happy ? Sorry but I doubt that - the calls for his head will be loud just like they have for every other manager who has given poor results. And the owners for one won’t want to be seeing the team struggling regardless of “entertainment”

Define poor results, it is all relative. 8th with mind numbing football or 9th with goals, highs and lows. After the year we have had the fans next season will take goals and excitement. After that they will want to see progress and will accept some pragmatism if it is the difference between 8th and 6th with the odd 4th or 5th if one of the big spenders has a bad year. That is where Moyes had us. Most clubs have a glass ceiling, fans are not daft, but they want to see their team at that ceiling, occasionally bouncing through it, with some entertainment to boot.

It’s an absolute disgrace clubs and fans having ambition and wanting the players to show pride and passion in their performances.

To any LPool fans out there (this question may of been asked but not answered).

Would you have Allardyce as your manager if he guaranteed you finishing 4th (your expected place) with his style of Football?

As Harry Enfield used to (sort of) say, 'Football fans, know your place'. I have emailed Marco and reminded him that he needs to roll over every time we play one of the big clubs.

Still not seen an answer from LP to your question :D.

Roberto Martinez will tell you....

Martinez was sacked because he failed to notice the blindingly obvious and react to it. His team did play some cracking football particularly early on but we leaked like a sieve year after year. Fine for the first year but if you don't learn from your mistakes that is plain stupid. The mistakes were not from charging forward, they were more basic and he either refused to address them or was not capable. In the end he was taking us backwards as teams had worked out his one dimensional approach.

It might be to the armchair fans and sky might tell you that, not for me though.

Agreed. Would you take the same next year as this, all the excitement and buzz or a Mourinho year where you may come 2nd and win a FA cup but bore the fans rigid? Not likely. Do you reckon there was any buzz in the pubs around Old Trafford, note I did not go for the obvious gag there, after a match? Did anyone even stop for a beer or did they all just trudge home, head down? Same for Everton this year. What was there to discuss after a match, nice bit of tracking back from Walcott? Compare that to the pubs around Anfield where I suspect they have probably had record sales this season. Football is supposed to be a buzz.

D

Deleted member 15344

Define poor results, it is all relative. 8th with mind numbing football or 9th with goals, highs and lows. After the year we have had the fans next season will take goals and excitement. After that they will want to see progress and will accept some pragmatism if it is the difference between 8th and 6th with the odd 4th or 5th if one of the big spenders has a bad year. That is where Moyes had us. Most clubs have a glass ceiling, fans are not daft, but they want to see their team at that ceiling, occasionally bouncing through it, with some entertainment to boot.

As Harry Enfield used to (sort of) say, 'Football fans, know your place'. I have emailed Marco and reminded him that he needs to roll over every time we play one of the big clubs.

Still not seen an answer from LP to your question :D.

Martinez was sacked because he failed to notice the blindingly obvious and react to it. His team did play some cracking football particularly early on but we leaked like a sieve year after year. Fine for the first year but if you don't learn from your mistakes that is plain stupid. The mistakes were not from charging forward, they were more basic and he either refused to address them or was not capable. In the end he was taking us backwards as teams had worked out his one dimensional approach.

Agreed. Would you take the same next year as this, all the excitement and buzz or a Mourinho year where you may come 2nd and win a FA cup but bore the fans rigid? Not likely. Do you reckon there was any buzz in the pubs around Old Trafford, note I did not go for the obvious gag there, after a match? Did anyone even stop for a beer or did they all just trudge home, head down? Same for Everton this year. What was there to discuss after a match, nice bit of tracking back from Walcott? Compare that to the pubs around Anfield where I suspect they have probably had record sales this season. Football is supposed to be a buzz.
Allardyce came in midway through the season when the board threw away lots of money then sacked a manager , then tried to take a manager from another club and the club bottom half of the table. His main aim initially was to ensure the club moved up the table and to solidify heir position in the top half - he brought in a decent striker something the previous manager failed to do. He ensured there was no issues with their league season and got them firmly into the top half of the table just outside European Spots.

His earned a full pre season bringing in his own players and the chance to move the team forward - his tactics were no different to what Moyes used to have and I have no reason to think he would have the team 7/8 in the league maybe have a go at 6th - but his reward for stabilising the club and team after such a poor start and wasted money was to be booed by the fans and then kicked out. Silva isn’t the messiah - you only have to look at his history to see that isn’t going to be around for long either sacked or stepping up the first chance he gets. I will have a giggle if he has the team in the bottom half of the table. The fans and the club didn’t give Allardyce the chance he deserved for bailing the club out

As for Allardyce at Liverpool - if he came in during a poor situation and got the team to 4th then it wouldn’t bother me what the football was, he would then earn the chance to see if he could move it forward - but then It’s all hypothetical, Man Utd got to second in the league not playing great football and plenty have no issues because he gets the results

D

Deleted member 16999

Not one Everton fan has claimed Silva or anyone else is a messiah.
Watford were approached through proper channels by the way.

Once Allardyce had Everton “safe” why didn’t change his tactics and show his intent with the players he had?

Allardyce also picked up LESS points against the teams we had already played prior to his arrival.

He wasn’t first choice when they incorrectly (imo) got rid of Koeman, he was the only one available with PL experience.

I don’t understand why Everton fans who knew his style of football and were mocked when he was appointed should now be told to give him a chance as he did a good job, are those that mocked now saying they were wrong?

Klopp now moves into his 3rd or 4th season and still no silverware, how many more years will fans give him if nothing changes, are we saying 4th and nearly men for the foreseeable future is ok now?
It wasn’t for Wenger and Arsenal and he was picking up trophies along the way.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
a manager not alone in terms of this.

:thup:

LP - Allardyce got his pay off, a whopping pay off, so no tears required. He had his chance, team were safe, brief fulfilled. He had a 1/4 or more of the season left as a chance to show the owner and the fans how he could take the team forward, why they should buy season tickets for next year. He flopped, he failed. The ground was a morgue. He had Walcott and Bolassie sitting in front of the full backs instead of bombing on, a good game for him was two shots at goal. Had he shown anything during the last part of the season then I would have agreed that he earned his chance for a full year but he blew it.

I'm still laughing at your last quote. I have ordered medical help to go around to Paul's as he may have had a hernia with the amount of laughter it caused. Next time you are in the pub around Anfield, Stu can give directions, feel free to take a straw poll and see the response. I suspect you will be wearing a lot of lager within seconds of asking the question.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
A manager isn't just for Christmas....

Serious question, are you a little worried that Conte is still in charge, ie you are not giving long enough for a new manager to come in? The World Cup starts in 2 weeks, the big players will be tied up there and inertia will rule. You could be happy for him to stay of course, he won you the league and is a top man, so this may suit.

What are you thinking?