And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Re this saw a piece by Pat Nevin saying an option for England is to play to their strengths which is forward pace in Vardy and Rashford, midfield is a weakness so bypass midfield and use a long ball over the top. Not pretty but an option. Mix it up more.

I think that could be a 70 minute plan B option if you need a goal or two. If he is on about playin with two up front and Dier and Henderson in the middle who are the other two playing midfield. If it is Alli and an other it's gonna be crowded in the middle with space out wide. . For me I would play 3 5 2. With Rashford or Vardy up front and Sterling out wide. With Walker behind him. That way sterling will protect the defence but create in midfield alongside Alli.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
So Leroy Sane has been dropped by the German team. It is alleged that Mr Low was not happy that Sanes City form had not been transferred into the German team. Funnily enough the same has been Said of Sterling, so who has got it right Southgate or Low.
just read a stat that Sane made the second highest assists in the top five leagues of Europe last season ( behind De Bryune). So once more does the German squad/ team posts the Quality of the City team. Hmmmmmmmm.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
So Leroy Sane has been dropped by the German team. It is alleged that Mr Low was not happy that Sanes City form had not been transferred into the German team. Funnily enough the same has been Said of Sterling, so who has got it right Southgate or Low.
just read a stat that Sane made the second highest assists in the top five leagues of Europe last season ( behind De Bryune). So once more does the German squad/ team posts the Quality of the City team. Hmmmmmmmm.
There is a huge difference. Germany have a vast array of attacking talent to pick from. We do not.

This said, I am stunned Sane hasn't made the Germany squad. It goes to show that other European nations really don't rate the Premier League as highly as we do. His performances this season were world class, but it didn't count for much. Just as several solid Prem players didn't make the Spain squad either.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
The players who would rival his position haven't exactly set their respective leagues alight this year either. Strange one. But then if he isn't doing it for Germany, he shouldn't be in the squad based on club form alone. England suffered for long enough trying to shoe-horn players in who failed time and time again.

Jates12

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

Julian Brandt got in the squad ahead of Sane, Half the goals and 2/3 the assists. I havent a clue how Sane hasnt been included, he was absolutely incredible this season and for me was probably your second best player behind de bruyne. Not having him at the world cup is a big loss for neutrals watching germany as when running with the ball at defenders he is second to none.

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Crazy decision imo.
Sane is top draw.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Julian Brandt got in the squad ahead of Sane, Half the goals and 2/3 the assists.
Brandt is the only Leverkusen player remaining, from 3 in the preliminary 27 player squad.
And the last friendly remaining before the World Cup is in Leverkusen.

of course, it might just be a coincidence.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I particularly like this quote....

"He stole my farewell with City, a club with beautiful fans.
I would have liked to leave with emotion of this club the way Iniesta [left Barca] or Gianluigi Buffon [left Juventus]. But Pep prevented me."

Which seems to ignore the fact that Iniesta was at Barcelona from 1996 to 2018 (22 years and 674 appearances - plus 54 for the Barca B team and also 5 years of youth team appearances) and Buffon was at Juventus from 2001 to 2018 (17 years and 656 appearances), while Yaya was only at Man City from 2010 to 2018 (8 years and 316 appearances). Iniesta was a one club player. Buffon was a two club player. Yaya played for 6 different clubs.

Fish

Banned
Visit site
Stolen from Twitter, but you gotta laugh 😂😂

A manager who has lost his last 6 finals in a row & a club whose best players repeatedly leave to win trophies in Spain (Alonso, Suarez, Coutinho), given their own team has only won 1 trophy in 12 years, yet all LFC fans do is talk about EFC’s trophy drought.

Amazing really. 😂

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I particularly like this quote....

"He stole my farewell with City, a club with beautiful fans.
I would have liked to leave with emotion of this club the way Iniesta [left Barca] or Gianluigi Buffon [left Juventus]. But Pep prevented me."

Which seems to ignore the fact that Iniesta was at Barcelona from 1996 to 2018 (22 years and 674 appearances - plus 54 for the Barca B team and also 5 years of youth team appearances) and Buffon was at Juventus from 2001 to 2018 (17 years and 656 appearances), while Yaya was only at Man City from 2010 to 2018 (8 years and 316 appearances). Iniesta was a one club player. Buffon was a two club player. Yaya played for 6 different clubs.

Yaya is just a diva.
Shame because he was a quality player at his peak.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I think most clubs actively limit the number of African players they have in the squad.. (not all of them are as stupid as West Ham to admit it.. however I think he was the fall guy.. that leaked email came from somewhere..)

Anyways what club in their right mind would employ say more than 3 at a time.. imagine if you had for example Yaya Toure, drogba and jay jay oktotcha (spelling) all in the same team and you lost them for 2 months every other season.. would be mad to plan like that

D

Deleted member 15344

breaking news. karius had concussion during champions league final.

let it go for heavens sake. lol

Regardless of the final etc but concussion can be very serious so I hope for his sake it’s nothing too serious but still it’s certainly not something to laugh at - understand he is staying in tbe US for a month to monitor him . Guess in the US they take it a bit more seriously after all the issues they have had -

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I think most clubs actively limit the number of African players they have in the squad.. (not all of them are as stupid as West Ham to admit it.. however I think he was the fall guy.. that leaked email came from somewhere..)

Anyways what club in their right mind would employ say more than 3 at a time.. imagine if you had for example Yaya Toure, drogba and jay jay oktotcha (spelling) all in the same team and you lost them for 2 months every other season.. would be mad to plan like that

it’s certainly got nothing to do with the colour of his skin.
No one could really fault a manager for not wanting too many Africans in their squad,because of the reason you state.

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Regardless of the final etc but concussion can be very serious so I hope for his sake it’s nothing too serious but still it’s certainly not something to laugh at - understand he is staying in tbe US for a month to monitor him . Guess in the US they take it a bit more seriously after all the issues they have had -
Could it be that after his diagnosis he isn't allowed to fly? There are some medical conditions you need clearance for, don't know if concussion is one of them.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

I think Wenger admitted as much himself I’m the past. It surprises me the ACN hasn’t been moved yet. I seem to recall saying that winter was it’s historical date and wouldn’t change. I guess no oil rich African nature had other ideas.....

D

Deleted member 16999

breaking news. karius had concussion during champions league final.

let it go for heavens sake. lol
And once again blaming Ramos, would have a bit more credibility if he’d of been scanned a bit sooner after the match.
Hopefully he’ll make a full recovery, no team will buy him injured.