And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just watching the pre match talk about Spurs and in particular the partnership between Kane and Son. The stats look very very impressive. So let me go back a year. Cannot remember who the Spurs form member was on here, but he was saying that Kane is God in football boots. I stated at the time, several times in fact that Spurs would be a far better team with Son and Kane in the same team. Something he disagreed with strongly. In fact he said there was not room in the team for both. Seems the manager has sorted it for both to play in the team. Said it at the time and will say it again. Son is vastly underrated.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Just watching the pre match talk about Spurs and in particular the partnership between Kane and Son. The stats look very very impressive. So let me go back a year. Cannot remember who the Spurs form member was on here, but he was saying that Kane is God in football boots. I stated at the time, several times in fact that Spurs would be a far better team with Son and Kane in the same team. Something he disagreed with strongly. In fact he said there was not room in the team for both. Seems the manager has sorted it for both to play in the team. Said it at the time and will say it again. Son is vastly underrated.

I recall that Tashy. I think the main issue taken with your insight is that he played 37 times in the league last year, as did kane. So not much room for em to play together more......

Tashyboy

Visit site
I recall that Tashy. I think the main issue taken with your insight is that he played 37 times in the league last year, as did kane. So not much room for em to play together more......

As daft as it seems Papas, Son reminded me of Shaun Goater, he used to put himself about and chased everything. Very often it dropped for him, like it did when Gary Neville fed the Goat in the last Derby at Maine rd. Son has an abundance of energy but is a far better footballer than the goat.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
As daft as it seems Papas, Son reminded me of Shaun Goater, he used to put himself about and chased everything. Very often it dropped for him, like it did when Gary Neville fed the Goat in the last Derby at Maine rd. Son has an abundance of energy but is a far better footballer than the goat.

So glad you said that!

I loved the songs for goater, and was a real team player who did ok goals wise.

Tashyboy

Visit site
So glad you said that!

I loved the songs for goater, and was a real team player who did ok goals wise.
Once saw a thing where Goater mentioned things were noy going his way when he first got to City. He asked another centre forward at City why the fans loved him and not Goater. He said “coz i put the effort in” even if it dont happen for me. At least the fans know your trying. From that day Goater went from being a centre forward to a team playing goals scorer

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Son is quite possibly the most under-rated footballer in the world, he's exceptional. Everyone seems to talk about Kane, Eriksen and even Alli but Son's as good as all 3 of them. Quick, great work rate, brilliant with both feet, scores goals, is equally good out-wide or as a central striker, he's superb.

Everton struggling so far. Bournemouth looking the better side, should have already scored once. We look so low on confidence, pretty worrying.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Son is quite possibly the most under-rated footballer in the world, he's exceptional. Everyone seems to talk about Kane, Eriksen and even Alli but Son's as good as all 3 of them. Quick, great work rate, brilliant with both feet, scores goals, is equally good out-wide or as a central striker, he's superb.

Everton struggling so far. Bournemouth looking the better side, should have already scored once. We look so low on confidence, pretty worrying.

Is he under rated tho?

Everyone seems to rate him very highly.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
I'd say he's under-rated. People rate him, but he's never mentioned in the elite category in terms of Premier League attackers despite very few who are actually better than him.

Yeah maybe,I do think it’s something that people say as soon as Son is mentioned tho.
Good player and probably doesn’t get the praise he deserves 😆

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Hugely unlucky for Richarlison there, all he had to do was get it either side of Ake's knee and it was a goal. Cracking block! Much better the 2nd half of the first half and the start of the second, look much more lively. This game has also proved 1 thing, Lookman should start more games, has been our best player, so good on the ball.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not our best performance by any means but the way we've been playing recently I'll take the 3 points. Lovely finish from DCL at the end there as well. 2-0 win, a clean sheet and 3 points. Lovely.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site

That sounds ironic Tashy, as it was you that said Son didn't make much of an impact during Kane's absence earlier in the season.

I for one think the team is better when he's playing.

Tashyboy

Visit site
That sounds ironic Tashy, as it was you that said Son didn't make much of an impact during Kane's absence earlier in the season.

I for one think the team is better when he's playing.

I would love to see where i have posted that. 👍and then i will stand corrected.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Not our best performance by any means but the way we've been playing recently I'll take the 3 points. Lovely finish from DCL at the end there as well. 2-0 win, a clean sheet and 3 points. Lovely.
Hopefully it can build some confidence. Calvert Lewin seems to be one who can come on and score but looks less dangerous when he starts. Good finish, good build up, for both goals.