And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 15344

So did the ref bottle it by not sending off Gomes ? Already on a yellow - swinging arm into the players head then another late tackle after - also not seen a reply of the penalty shout in the first half ? Correct or not ?

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I'm with Tashy on this one. I recall him saying sours didn't play Son enough. I mean he was wrong as he played 37 games last year. But i certainly recall him constantly sing his praises.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
So did the ref bottle it by not sending off Gomes ? Already on a yellow - swinging arm into the players head then another late tackle after - also not seen a reply of the penalty shout in the first half ? Correct or not ?
Not a penalty, but you'd expect me to say that. Genuinely though, no penalty.

Gomes lost his head a bit today and could have cost us. I don't think he deserved a second yellow for the incidents mentioned but his grumpiness and mouth pushed things close.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Definitely wasn't a penalty in the first half. Gueye got his legs in a funny position, but Brooks was already on his way down, looked determined to try and win a penalty. I think we had a better penalty shout with the Ake handball where he was close but his hand was clearly raised and in an unnatural position.

Gomes could easily have gone with a different ref, lost his head for a few minutes but don't think he did anything necessarily bad enough to get the 2nd yellow, was his mouth getting him in trouble more than anything. Think the ref did alright.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
He is right though - you did down play the input of Son in the Spurs team when Kane was injured.

Anyway - big game for Spurs and Utd, the back line of Utd looks the big weak link
Like i said i would like to see a post where i said that. Coz i rate him.

D

Deleted member 15344

Neville shouldn’t be commentating on Manure match’s - can’t hide the bias , seems Utd playing like they did ten years ago :rolleyes:

Tashyboy

Visit site
I'm with Tashy on this one. I recall him saying sours didn't play Son enough. I mean he was wrong as he played 37 games last year. But i certainly recall him constantly sing his praises.

Just had a look through me posts and i cannot find owt where i never rated Son.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
To be fair to Neville, the way Solksjaer has them setup is in a much more "Man Utd" way. They've historically been so fast on the counter making use of the explosive wide players and that's just not been there under Moyes, LVG and Mourinho, they've been playing slow, turgid stuff. The way they're playing at the minute is like an old United team, I agree with him. He's not saying they're as good as the teams managed by Ferguson, just that they're playing like an old United team.

Tashyboy

Visit site
To be fair to Neville, the way Solksjaer has them setup is in a much more "Man Utd" way. They've historically been so fast on the counter making use of the explosive wide players and that's just not been there under Moyes, LVG and Mourinho, they've been playing slow, turgid stuff. The way they're playing at the minute is like an old United team, I agree with him. He's not saying they're as good as the teams managed by Ferguson, just that they're playing like an old United team.
Just been talking to daughters partner about this. Utd now are where Liverpool were last year. They have players that deffo need replacing. Liverpool did well bring in VVD and keeper with girls name. Utd need to replace phil Jones and maybe another one or two. Do itd sell Pogba to finance that. Do they need to sell pogba to do that?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Definitely wasn't a penalty in the first half. Gueye got his legs in a funny position, but Brooks was already on his way down, looked determined to try and win a penalty. I think we had a better penalty shout with the Ake handball where he was close but his hand was clearly raised and in an unnatural position.

Gomes could easily have gone with a different ref, lost his head for a few minutes but don't think he did anything necessarily bad enough to get the 2nd yellow, was his mouth getting him in trouble more than anything. Think the ref did alright.
The one by the corner flag , no where near the ball that’s a yellow all day.
Gomez is a good player but lost his head a bit.
Plus never understood why players run away with the ball when they are on a yellow , pushing ops in the face and chest in the handbags can have you off.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Just been talking to daughters partner about this. Utd now are where Liverpool were last year. They have players that deffo need replacing. Liverpool did well bring in VVD and keeper with girls name. Utd need to replace phil Jones and maybe another one or two. Do itd sell Pogba to finance that. Do they need to sell pogba to do that?

Man Utd have more than enough money to buy anyone imo.

Pogba may have upset people with his attitude, but he needs to be the centre of this team imo. One quality centre back is key for me. VVD has made everyone around him better, i still think a decent cb is lurking in Bailly at utd.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah United don't need to sell Pogba to afford a new defence, just a manager willing to admit where there are gaps in his squad and spend big. Skriniar from Inter would be superb for them, I'd expect them to go in big for him in the summer. Reckon with Skriniar, Lindelof and Bailly they've got a decent central defence. They need a RB more than a centre half though I think. Valencia has fallen out of favour, Young is rubbish and Dalot's not good enough yet. Skriniar and Meunier would transform this United squad.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Neville shouldn’t be commentating on Manure match’s - can’t hide the bias , seems Utd playing like they did ten years ago :rolleyes:

What a difference a manager makes, Mourinho was poison, this team are playing like they did under Fergie.
Trippier slack a couple of times and we got punished, absolutely superb finish by Rashford (sadly).

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Lol. Neville openly admits he's a fan.

What about that Carragher? He loves the reds from Merseydive, openly, but does a great job.

Both do a better job than Sourpuss & Lawrence Markinson.

They're an embarrassment to you lot. Sourpuss has gone from saying we've no defence & midfield before the game to how excellent they are @ half time.

Time to join the circus