And, we’re off.......2018/2019

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Or wasn't good enough? I didn't watch the match so that is a question rather than a statement. Are the players that Klopp brought in tonight good enough to be in a squad that wants to challenge for the PL and CL?

The young lads are untried and need time, so a bit unfair on them to judge atm.

Some are not good enough but on such good contracts we probably could not sell them.
One of them is in the first team but injured now.

D

Deleted member 15344

Or wasn't good enough? I didn't watch the match so that is a question rather than a statement. Are the players that Klopp brought in tonight good enough to be in a squad that wants to challenge for the PL and CL?

The team last night were missing 9 regular first team players with prob only Fabinho and Shaqiri the recent main starters so it was always going to be a bit of scratchy team. A few others were last min drops out due to illness etc so with the amount of changes and the majority of the players not really having much game time it’s no surprise they struggled against a full strength Wolves - but a good number of positives to take out of it - the young lads did very well especially the young Dutch lad , some players got a well needed rest , and we nearly come away with a result.

It’s never great to lose a match but the weekend is the main one to win - get three points there and continue to do so and the defeat last night is forgotten about.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Thoughts on Keita?

Not living up to the hype so far imo.

Bit to early to judge him to be honest, David Silva, Bernado Silva to name but a couple were exactly the same. Struggled with the pace and Physicality. Like the Brazilian who played centre half last night, I think they will come good.

D

Deleted member 15344

Bit to early to judge him to be honest, David Silva, Bernado Silva to name but a couple were exactly the same. Struggled with the pace and Physicality. Like the Brazilian who played centre half last night, I think they will come good.
Keita hasn’t settled yet - a few niggling injuries and not got a run going yet , once settled he imo is going to be superb , you can see it in little spurts. Hopefully over the next month he gets a run of games going

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Last nights game showed for me the reason Liverpool will not win the league, the squad is not strong enough,with just over half the season gone Man.City with the players they have are just to strong.

With a tough game coming up at Brighton I expect the gap to be cut this weekend

D

Deleted member 15344

Last nights game showed for me the reason Liverpool will not win the league, the squad is not strong enough,with just over half the season gone Man.City with the players they have are just to strong.

With a tough game coming up at Brighton I expect the gap to be cut this weekend

We played without 9 first team regulars and only just got beat by a Wolves full strength team that have taken points of most of the top 6 - I would expect no one to make any judgments about the league on the team that played last night

City lost games when they were missing one or two of their main players.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
We played without 9 first team regulars and only just got beat by a Wolves full strength team that have taken points of most of the top 6 - I would expect no one to make any judgments about the league on the team that played last night

Ok Phil, without 9 first team regulars and only just got beat.
We hear you 👍🏻

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

What last night showed us was Sturbridge and Origi will be lucky to get any sort of contract extension when theirs run out in the summer and 18 months time respectively, it also showed us what a difference a quality right left back makes, Robertson over Moreno and why Moreno isn’t picked normally. Last night also showed how Milner, although still an excellent player, hasn’t quite got the legs when those around aren’t fully working.
You have to use your squad, and sometimes it’s backfires but that’s the way it is. Yes it was the F A cup, but it was only the F A cup and I would rather do better in the league or CL over the F A cup any day.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Perhaps the best thing to come out of this for Liverpool last night will be it has given Klopp a very good idea of which fringe players can and can't make it as first team regulars and where the gaps in his squad are so he can then look to fill these accordingly. As for Keita, he's definitely a huge talent but there have been many of these coming into the PL over the years and not all develop into the full package. Yes he's been injured and yes he's lacking a run and real game time so it's hard to make an objective decision based on what he's shown before. I do think Klopp is a million times better than the likes of Mourinho (and Wenger towards the end of his reign) at managing players and developing them through

Bazzatron

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Very happy with the side we put out, we won't get relegated and Europa is probably just out of reach this year, so I'm happy to see us giving it a good go.

Shrewsbury or Stoke in the next round with either being very winnable with a strong side being put out again.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Never mind Liverpool getting it all wrong...

Well done to Wolves in getting it so right 👍👍...
First half Wolves were as bad as us!
But second half they were the better side imo and deserved the win on the night.
Great goal to win the game.
I hope you win it and it’s great to see the club on the up.
At the end of the day the records will show Wolves 2 Liverpool 1 that’s all that counts.

Reemul

Head Pro
Visit site
First half Wolves were as bad as us!
But second half they were the better side imo and deserved the win on the night.
Great goal to win the game.
I hope you win it and it’s great to see the club on the up.
At the end of the day the records will show Wolves 2 Liverpool 1 that’s all that counts.

Wolves were not as bad as you first half, they were better. You were poor

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Klopp clearly doesn't give a toss about the FA Cup. He might as well have phoned ahead and just said they weren't turning up. Short of a decent strike from Origi out of nowhere there were absolutely woeful last night. That 16-year-old CB was their best player by a distance. Wolves were pretty much full strength so fair play to them for wanting it more. (Would be difficult to want it less than Liverpool did.)

It's shocking how poor of a player Sturridge is now. To say he's even a shadow of his former self would be a compliment. The guy doesn't even move.