And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
With so many changes they pretty much are.

If I was a Liverpool fan I wouldn’t be too bothered about going out tonight.....IF they go on to win the league.

Am missing something though, last week Klopp was criticised for playing Milner and Henderson in midfield v City. When he had Keita and Fabinho on the bench. They are now both playing yet supposedly not that interested in the FA cup.

D

Deleted member 15344

Am missing something though, last week Klopp was criticised for playing Milner and Henderson in midfield v City. When he had Keita and Fabinho on the bench. They are now both playing yet supposedly not that interested in the FA cup.
Fabinho is playing as CB not in the midfield

Klopp would still like to win the game but it’s not the end of the world if we go out

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site

I don’t watch enough of Liverpool to know enough about who should be their starting midfield 3, but Klopp made 9 changes for tonight’s game overall (I’m assuming that’s 9 changes from their previous starting 11). Fabinho would not normally be playing CB anyway, so could argue that’s 10 changes.

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Nothing in football is the end of the world but can you honestly say that up to now, even after Liverpool goal that there is any confidence in the back.

Add a couple of youngsters but a mass change seems pretty disrespectful of those paying Liverpool supporters.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Just reading a story that Utd and Chelsea are interested in Barcelona " outcast " Coutinho. Now that would be a story.

D

Deleted member 15344

Nothing in football is the end of the world but can you honestly say that up to now, even after Liverpool goal that there is any confidence in the back.

Add a couple of youngsters but a mass change seems pretty disrespectful of those paying Liverpool supporters.

It’s a long season , some very big games coming up and players can’t play every single game anymore - it’s sensible to make the changes and rest players when there is a chance. It’s a domestic cup which is nice but unfortunately it’s down in the priorities now and everyone knows it

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

The travelling fans must have known he would play a second string team.
We were awful in the first half but have still caused our own problems.
Fabinho going to ground for the first goal and not exactly busting a gut to get back.
Not the end of the world but it’s the only game time some of these players will get I expected better from them.
They are trying to get in the first team !!!

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site

I think this game is showing the fine margins of top level football, mass changes would probably have been fine against a Championship or below club but against a good team like Wolves you can be caught out because the team isn’t used to playing together.

Will be interesting to see what the league table looks like when the Champions League starts back up again, if Liverpool are still 4 points clear would Liverpool fans accept multiple changes to the team and get knocked out but theoretically increase their chances of winning the league?

D

Deleted member 15344

I don't know many paying supporters who agree with that, they want the team to win especially something like the FA Cup.

If top clubs don't feel that has any worth perhaps they should withdraw from the comp.
No one said the Comp has no worth !

It’s called priorities and for the top clubs it’s the CL and League first and foremost and right now Liverpool are going for those two big comps - whilst the FA Cup would be nice it’s clearly a comp that teams can use squad players and promising youth players to allow others to have a rest

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
No one said the Comp has no worth !

It’s called priorities and for the top clubs it’s the CL and League first and foremost and right now Liverpool are going for those two big comps - whilst the FA Cup would be nice it’s clearly a comp that teams can use squad players and promising youth players to allow others to have a rest

Like you, mine is just an opinion but how can a team playing (at present) so badly give any confidence to a bunch of young players.

D

Deleted member 15344

Like you, mine is just an opinion but how can a team playing (at present) so badly give any confidence to a bunch of young players.

Well they are playing against the Wolves 1st team squad and holding their own - playing that badly yet well in the game still.

The young players have done well and will gain confidence from their own performance - it’s not because of them that it’s not the best performance as yet

D

Deleted member 15344

Still don't understand the logic. We now have 2 players on he wanted to rest in the hope they get an equalizer and then end up with an extra game.

Klopp still wants to win the game for goodness sake so he has brought on some players for the last ten mins try and win or at least stay in the Comp - it’s not hard to understand

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s a long season , some very big games coming up

Not sure I'd agree with that Phil. Liverpool have got three more games in January, Brighton away, Palace and Leicester at home. After tonight they have three matches in the next 23 days. That's hardly a hectic schedule and none of those are really very big games. Yes they've got Bayern in the CL and Man Utd away in the PL in Feb but both of those games are still well over a month away.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
At least Liverpool can focus on the league now. They were really poor in the first half, irrespective of the personnel and the shape. On the plus side they were still more committed than my apology of a team yesterday