And, we’re off.......2018/2019

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
You have to say it as you see it. When Lovren brought down Aguero in the first half, don't get me wrong I was screaming for a red, but ave seen Kompany do that a few times over the years 😉
City were the better team but have to say we were a little unlucky at times.
Kompany should know better imo. He’s showing his age. Lovren well enough said.
When I seen our middle three I thought we might struggle going forward.
We need a Silva but they are very hard to find.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
City were the better team but have to say we were a little unlucky at times.
Kompany should know better imo. He’s showing his age. Lovren well enough said.
When I seen our middle three I thought we might struggle going forward.
We need a Silva but they are very hard to find.

We have done well in getting B Silva. He is the spitting image of DSilva with a bit more fire in his belly. Gotta say the result was a shock to me as we have just not clicked. It is easy to understand why. Silva ,De Bryune and Fernadndinho have not started one game together. Looked at Liverpools games for the rest of the season and cannot really see any banana skins there.

Norrin Radd

Tour Winner
Visit site
We have done well in getting B Silva. He is the spitting image of DSilva with a bit more fire in his belly. Gotta say the result was a shock to me as we have just not clicked. It is easy to understand why. Silva ,De Bryune and Fernadndinho have not started one game together. Looked at Liverpools games for the rest of the season and cannot really see any banana skins there.

they will have to work hard at the Amex to gather all three points Tashy .probably as you say not a banana skin but will have to perform well to get the win ,Brighton are a tough team at home.

D

Deleted member 1740

they will have to work hard at the Amex to gather all three points Tashy .probably as you say not a banana skin but will have to perform well to get the win ,Brighton are a tough team at home.

You’re right about Brighton, they gave us a game earlier on in the season. Every game for us now is like a cup final, no slip ups because city will be ready to pounce.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
not even kicked off and another defender injured :(

lichsteiner, jenkinson, kolasinac and sokratis only looks an Igor Stepanovs away from the worst Arsenal defense in a long while!

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
In general some good footie on show from teams outside of the Prem this weekend... If you feel the 'magic' has gone from 'The Cup' then plenty on show in the third round to prove otherwise...

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
In general some good footie on show from teams outside of the Prem this weekend... If you feel the 'magic' has gone from 'The Cup' then plenty on show in the third round to prove otherwise...
Flippin shame none of it is onBBC or ITV. Or have i missed it somewhere.

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
not even kicked off and another defender injured :(

lichsteiner, jenkinson, kolasinac and sokratis only looks an Igor Stepanovs away from the worst Arsenal defense in a long while!

Could chuck in a Sylvestre a Squilacci, and the fat Brazilian.. There are worse than Igor, worryingly.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
More worryingly is that 'we' are only looking for a central defender and a winger in this 'window'... Puzzled about needing a winger...

Think thats more a case of it fitting Emerys philosphy of how he wants to play, we lack natural width bar the wing backs and the boy with no end product ( i know he tapped one in from 2 yds yesterday) expect long term he wants to play 3 up top with one central striker and is looking for one of those wide spots

Who he buys at centre half far more important, just need a good defender, with pace, who reads the game, who can be the leader weve not had for years, calms those around him, can stay fit and scores several goals from set pieces - not much to ask haha as long as we dont blow 30m on a Mustafi again

MegaSteve

Tour Winner
Visit site
Think thats more a case of it fitting Emerys philosphy of how he wants to play, we lack natural width bar the wing backs and the boy with no end product ( i know he tapped one in from 2 yds yesterday) expect long term he wants to play 3 up top with one central striker and is looking for one of those wide spots

Who he buys at centre half far more important, just need a good defender, with pace, who reads the game, who can be the leader weve not had for years, calms those around him, can stay fit and scores several goals from set pieces - not much to ask haha as long as we dont blow 30m on a Mustafi again

Seems Denis Suarez is in the frame for central midfield..