And, we’re off.......2018/2019

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Really enjoyed it as a neutral. How fine were the margins? 11mm from crossing the line and somehow missing Salah and rebounding back. How close was Kompany to a red with a different ref on a different day. I didn't this Liverpool played to their strengths last night and think they could have got after that City back four a lot more. I thought the winner was well hit. Take out the yellow/red argument for Kompany I thought the referee handled it well and tried to let it flow as best he could and it was a typical British type of game. Not a classic, a bit nervy for both sides but a compelling watch

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I thought there was meant to be a dictat this season, maybe last, where only the captain was supposed to talk to the ref. If only.........It should be like rugby, hockey and maybe other sports where this is enforced properly. It's down to the refs, the rules are there, it's up to them.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Not just this one, he did exactly the same to a Saints player last week and got away with yellow then too

Re the Kompany tackle, at the time I thought he had played the ball, seen it since and ave seen Vinnie make the same tackle half a dozen times. Some of them he has been sent off for, and according to the letter of the law he should have. Two feet off the floor etc. However am not to sure that having two feet off and you lose control of your challenge. Ave seen plenty of challenges that are just as bad where players have one foot on the floor. The differance being intent. Thought Vinnie deffo went for the ball, but he caught Salah. Oddly enough, I thought the game was excellent with some tasty tackles from both teams. However Salah was on the end of some of them and he seemed to well "not like" the physical side of the game.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Re the Kompany tackle, at the time I thought he had played the ball, seen it since and ave seen Vinnie make the same tackle half a dozen times. Some of them he has been sent off for, and according to the letter of the law he should have. Two feet off the floor etc. However am not to sure that having two feet off and you lose control of your challenge. Ave seen plenty of challenges that are just as bad where players have one foot on the floor. The differance being intent. Thought Vinnie deffo went for the ball, but he caught Salah. Oddly enough, I thought the game was excellent with some tasty tackles from both teams. However Salah was on the end of some of them and he seemed to well "not like" the physical side of the game.
As you say, he has been given straight reds for that sort of tackle on more than one occasion before, so I don't understand why he still tackles like that?? With his experience and intelligence why does he still take the risk? Seems daft to me.

Tashyboy

Visit site
As you say, he has been given straight reds for that sort of tackle on more than one occasion before, so I don't understand why he still tackles like that?? With his experience and intelligence why does he still take the risk? Seems daft to me.

Fernandinho is always in the spotlight for some of his antics, in protecting the back four by fair or foul means. He is excellent. What does goes un noticed is Kompanys similar
“ tackles”. I have seen him tackle/ foul dozens of times over the years. Some he has got away with ( usually the first tackle) some yellow cards, and some red. Thing is though he is never malicious. Having said that. He has been a leader and a fantastic example of a captain over the years. Canot begin to say how chuffed i was seeing him At his best last night. I thought those top games were in the past. Not heard about why he came off though.

Tashyboy

Visit site
I see solanke has signed for Bournemouth. Do Liverpool have cover should there first choice ? Right back get injured. Could bite them on the bum.

D

Deleted member 15344

I see solanke has signed for Bournemouth. Do Liverpool have cover should there first choice ? Right back get injured. Could bite them on the bum.
Solanke is a striker - guess you are talking about Clyne who has gone on loan

And yes Milner will play there or Fabinho or Gomez or the young Dutch lad in the Youth

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

And yes Milner will play there or Fabinho or Gomez or the young Dutch lad in the Youth
I thought Clyde looked alright against Utd. Guessing he must have asked for the move as I can’t see any of those mentioned being better than him surely?

Tashyboy

Visit site

I knew summat didnt look right when i wrote it. A few quid in the bank for both Liverpool and City today 👍

D

Deleted member 15344

I thought Clyde looked alright against Utd. Guessing he must have asked for the move as I can’t see any of those mentioned being better than him surely?

Don’t think the manager has ever really fancied Clyne - I have always liked him but his positional sense seems a bit poor . Fabinho plays RB for Brazil. The young Dutch lad looks a real talent though

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

According to the BBC Solanke has signed for Bournemouth. They have pictures of him I the kit. £19m for a player who hasn't done it in the PL so far. Good deal for liverpool.

Clyne has also gone there but on loan.

Think I might have got the wrong end of the stick, I read back and Tashy mentions Solanke and cover for right back. The two moves are correct though.