And, we’re off.......2018/2019

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
According to the BBC Solanke has signed for Bournemouth. They have pictures of him I the kit. £19m for a player who hasn't done it in the PL so far. Good deal for liverpool.

Clyne has also gone there but on loan.

Think I might have got the wrong end of the stick, I read back and Tashy mentions Solanke and cover for right back. The two moves are correct though.
Solanke definitely at Bournemouth https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46763610

Not sure if its a good or bad move. I'm not sure if he's simply not had a chance and extended run. If he can get game time regularly, match sharpness and confidence in front of goal he could be an astute buy. There is something about me that thinks a bit like a TM club release, there is more hype than substance. Time will tell

D

Deleted member 1740

Solanke definitely at Bournemouth https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46763610

Not sure if its a good or bad move. I'm not sure if he's simply not had a chance and extended run. If he can get game time regularly, match sharpness and confidence in front of goal he could be an astute buy. There is something about me that thinks a bit like a TM club release, there is more hype than substance. Time will tell

He played 21 league games last season and scored 1 assisted 1.

He was 5th choice striker behind Salah,Firmino,Sturridge and Origi.

Klopp gave him a chance but he just wasn’t good enough.

D

Deleted member 15344

Wasn’t most of those games as a sub with him coming on late a lot - I think he just needed a bit of confidence and struggling to score his first goal just seem to get to him but he is 20/21 and career not even got going yet - I think it’s a good move for him and hopefully he will do well. Certainly got a lot of talent as can be seen when playing in the England youth set up

D

Deleted member 1740

Wasn’t most of those games as a sub with him coming on late a lot - I think he just needed a bit of confidence and struggling to score his first goal just seem to get to him but he is 20/21 and career not even got going yet - I think it’s a good move for him and hopefully he will do well. Certainly got a lot of talent as can be seen when playing in the England youth set up

Yeah they were, he started 7 PL games and made 14 apps from the bench. He also played a few CL games.

Klopp gave him a chance, he just wasn’t Top of the league standard 😁

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Crazy bringing Kane on only takes one missed timed tackle from the old boy and could put him out for who knows how many games.
Yeah I dunno why you'd bring him on, but knowing Kane he was in Poch's ear demanding to go on so he could nab a goal. Which he did.

Felt a bit sorry for Tranmere really, they worked really hard first half but looked absolutely shattered by the hour, hence we just started walking through them.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

A lot off the bench though and probably knew he had to try and really impress every game which could have hindered. I just wonder if a prolonged run and some confidence in front of goal will let him find his place in a team. He may not and maybe Klopp is a shrewd judge. I think you have to give him the rest of this season to get back into it and then see what he does after another pre-season. He's young so has time and not sure the level of expectation will weigh so heavy at Bournemouth

D

Deleted member 1740

A lot off the bench though and probably knew he had to try and really impress every game which could have hindered. I just wonder if a prolonged run and some confidence in front of goal will let him find his place in a team. He may not and maybe Klopp is a shrewd judge. I think you have to give him the rest of this season to get back into it and then see what he does after another pre-season. He's young so has time and not sure the level of expectation will weigh so heavy at Bournemouth

He’s certainly talented, just not ready right now for what we need. I’m sure Eddie Howe will give him a lot more game time at Bournemouth.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Re the Kompany tackle, at the time I thought he had played the ball, seen it since and ave seen Vinnie make the same tackle half a dozen times. Some of them he has been sent off for, and according to the letter of the law he should have. Two feet off the floor etc. However am not to sure that having two feet off and you lose control of your challenge. Ave seen plenty of challenges that are just as bad where players have one foot on the floor. The differance being intent. Thought Vinnie deffo went for the ball, but he caught Salah. Oddly enough, I thought the game was excellent with some tasty tackles from both teams. However Salah was on the end of some of them and he seemed to well "not like" the physical side of the game.
Diplomatic core awaits you.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He’s certainly talented, just not ready right now for what we need. I’m sure Eddie Howe will give him a lot more game time at Bournemouth.
Seeing how Klopp seems to give evryone a chance, perhaps hes decided that Solanke may never fully develop into the player they want. It's also very easy to forget Rhian Brewster is still at the club, and just a little younger.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Seeing how Klopp seems to give evryone a chance, perhaps hes decided that Solanke may never fully develop into the player they want. It's also very easy to forget Rhian Brewster is still at the club, and just a little younger.
Tbf the youth he’s given chances too have also been out of necessity on some occasions. The back line was hopeless, pretty much anyone was given a chance.

You don’t have those issues further forward, so it’s gonna be harder to get a proper chance.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Tbf the youth he’s given chances too have also been out of necessity on some occasions. The back line was hopeless, pretty much anyone was given a chance.

You don’t have those issues further forward, so it’s gonna be harder to get a proper chance.
Maybe, but then people also complain when Klopp and other managers play those developing younger players in early rounds of cup games and are then berated for playing them.

As far as the back line goes, I remember very well one of my swindle friends saying what a player we had got when Gomez left Charlton. Being a season ticket holder there, he knew all about Gomez and said he would be a top drawer defender given a chance and under the right manager.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Maybe, but then people also complain when Klopp and other managers play those developing younger players in early rounds of cup games and are then berated for playing them.

As far as the back line goes, I remember very well one of my swindle friends saying what a player we had got when Gomez left Charlton. Being a season ticket holder there, he knew all about Gomez and said he would be a top drawer defender given a chance and under the right manager.

Re playing the youth, I’m against cubs fielding full youth teams in cups as that won’t show how they get on with the first team players. Also think certain fans would like their managers to win something. Spurs, Liverpool to a lesser extent whilst getting heralded as great teams are yet to win something. A cup win could be a catalyst.

I think Gomez looks great, but he was still played at RB at first simply as a case of desperation wasn’t he? Then moved to centre when more issues rose which lead to TAA getting his shot. So as much luck as judgement imo, that’s not a dig. It’s gonna happen at all clubs. Like I said, that’s why your young attackers, let’s be honest, more was said about Solanke than TAA or Gomez in regards hype will struggle to make it as you have plenty of options.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Great victory today.. ground out the 2-0 against Birmingham

Nasri looks sharp
2 youth players got some important minutes
Clean sheet
Carroll scored

Happy days

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Poor victory today ......... ground out the 2-0 against Reading.

Lukaku looks clumsy.
3 youth players got some important minutes.
Clean sheet.
Sanchez didn't score.

Mixed emotions.

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Lukaku looks clumsy.
Clean sheet.
Sanchez didn't score.

Mixed emotions.
Wouldn't get too upset.

9 changes, clearly focussing on winning the league.

Could be our year 👍

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

Lukaku looks clumsy.
Clean sheet.
Sanchez didn't score.

Mixed emotions.
Lots of changes and a win is a win.
Sanchez possible hamstring injuries could be out for a few weeks.
5 out of 5