And, we’re off.......2018/2019

huds1475

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Only saw about 10 minutes.

Would have been disappointed if De Gea had let Sane's goal in.

Then a few minutes later Alison pulls off a great save from a Citeh counter that would have killed the game.

Talk about fine margins.

Good to see Citeh finally getting the memo 👍

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Hard to disagree with anything thats been expressed this morning.

We lost the game in the midfield, IMO henderson, Gini, Milner should never been the midfield trio....too negative, real lack of creativity and out fought by Fernandinho and B Silva.

Agree that Lovren is a weak link against good sides.

I dont think the ref had a "shocker" but he did bottle the big decisions, also let a lot of things go that he should have done something about (the aguero dive, the persistant fouls from B Silva and Fernandinho, the pep strop etc), probably not to ruin the game in his own mind.....do I think these things would have had a material effect on the game? probably not, Man City were better than us on the night.

But all in all it was a game of fine margins, Mane hits post and it comes back to then be 11mm away from crossing the line.....then Sane hits inside of post to bounce back across the line and in. I see there is quite a lot of "proof" that the ball DID cross the line via various media outlets this morning.....I'd like not to even entertain that as an idea as I dont want to believe a game is corruptible like that.

The next 4 games for Liverpool, Man City and Spurs will say a huge deal about eaches title credentials - looking at the fixture lists I think it will have been virtually decided by the end of March.

Biggest thing of note at the game yesterday after the shock of the midfield choice was the ? Nervous Liverpool fans. For a long time they were very quiet. Until they scored. When Milner went off Liverpool had a very good 10 mins where the fans did get behind there team until Sane scored the winner. But coming home and listening to the radio, listening to some of the Liverpool fans was unreal. Calling Klopp a failure, he got it wrong in a big game again, if Liverpool don't win owt this year he needs to go, Salah never turned up for a big game again, our next four games are bankers for a win. It really was a massive over reaction. But it did kinda endorse that the Liverpool fans have got twitchy and nervous over there first loss of the year.
Still think Liverpool will win the title this year but cannot see City giving up, nor spuds for that reason. But I think at the end of the year Pickfords mistake, Mahrez penalty miss, wolves goal v City and a couple of other have not gone City's way. Come what may. If City or Liverpool win the title, it will be won by playing good football again. 👍

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    88.8 KB · Views: 8

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Biggest thing of note at the game yesterday after the shock of the midfield choice was the ? Nervous Liverpool fans. For a long time they were very quiet. Until they scored. When Milner went off Liverpool had a very good 10 mins where the fans did get behind there team until Sane scored the winner. But coming home and listening to the radio, listening to some of the Liverpool fans was unreal. Calling Klopp a failure, he got it wrong in a big game again, if Liverpool don't win owt this year he needs to go, Salah never turned up for a big game again, our next four games are bankers for a win. It really was a massive over reaction. But it did kinda endorse that the Liverpool fans have got twitchy and nervous over there first loss of the year.
Still think Liverpool will win the title this year but cannot see City giving up, nor spuds for that reason. But I think at the end of the year Pickfords mistake, Mahrez penalty miss, wolves goal v City and a couple of other have not gone City's way. Come what may. If City or Liverpool win the title, it will be won by playing good football again. 👍

what did you make of your fans constant whistling and hissing when they had the ball?

Colonel Bogey

Visit site
Great to City beat Liverpool, who were very disapointing I thought. The goal by Sergio was a bit of a cheat though. It actually went into the net through the side netting surely. LMAO !!!!!!!!!!

Swingalot

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Just a quick word before I am busy for the rest of the day. Lovren is shocking. He is a weak link in an otherwise strong well balanced Liverpool team. VVD, the closest player I have seen to Vincent Kompany when he was at his best.

Got to say VVD and Kompany just ooze class and leadership. The kind of players who you don't mind as much earning all that money. On a different level to many of their peers.

Tashyboy

Visit site
what did you make of your fans constant whistling and hissing when they had the ball?

To be honest I heard it for the first 10 minutes and after that not until the final ten minutes which seemed like an hour. The first 10 minutes, I don't think Liverpool have made that many poor misplaced passes in a whole game. But City pressed really hard and never game Liverpool time. Every misplaced pass was met with more jeers and whistling. That Liverpool team that was going out last night needed to silence the City crowd. They never got close bar from a 10 minute period. Again I have not seen a City crowd get behind there team like last night except for Derby games. It seems a lot of City fans don't want to get behind there team and just want to be entertained.

D

Deleted member 18121

It really was a massive over reaction. But it did kinda endorse that the Liverpool fans have got twitchy and nervous over there first loss of the year.

Thing is that over the last X number of years we've been a club who can be leading by 2-3 goals and we know that as soon as 1 goes in then we're susceptible to imploding and throwing it away, I think that feeling has spread to this run on a more general feeling that 1 loss could lead to more.

I'm surprised to hear you say the fans were quiet, on the TV we often sounded very loud with the commentators saying that we were being drowned out by the home fans booing/hissing etc I loved the atmosphere by the way, thats how big games should be done.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Got to say VVD and Kompany just ooze class and leadership. The kind of players who you don't mind as much earning all that money. On a different level to many of their peers.

Was impressed by VVD. He just kinda has that calmness that improves players around him ( Bar Lovren).
Just read a clip where someone said they would of been disappointed if De Gea had not saved Sanes goal. It was an excellent shot that went in off the post, but again in a game of 11mm fine margins, am sure having seen a slo mo replay of the goal on the big screen at the game, it came off the bottom of the defenders boot which just gave it that slight deflection.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Thing is that over the last X number of years we've been a club who can be leading by 2-3 goals and we know that as soon as 1 goes in then we're susceptible to imploding and throwing it away, I think that feeling has spread to this run on a more general feeling that 1 loss could lead to more.

I'm surprised to hear you say the fans were quiet, on the TV we often sounded very loud with the commentators saying that we were being drowned out by the home fans booing/hissing etc I loved the atmosphere by the way, thats how big games should be done.
Everyone was discussing Klopps decision last night re his choice of midfield. It was what it was, but he must of had a reason on why he picked it. I was thinking back to the reverse game at Liverpool. city played really well that game by being solid in defence and not having the lb and rb bombing forward. Last night was very similar. Did any of the anfield game have a bearing on last nights game. Again, Pep with his choice of Danillo over Walker has been overlooked. Danillo played his best game in a City shirt. But if it had gone belly up re Danillo having a poor game Peps head was on the block. For the record, Walker has had a stinker of a season up to yet. Gotta say that City played very narrow, and time and time again were caught out by a long cross field ball. Don't think Liverpool captitalised on this as much as they could and should of. Danillo was exposed one on one numerous times but never really was under pressure. Could talk about the game all day, there was loads going off to talk about.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

🤣🤣🤣
The irony of posting that prior to a pic of a Liverpool fan lamenting a close shot......
Re the game, I think the midfield trio was too defensive and Lovren wasn’t quite able to preform to his self renowned ability.....

Man City were the better team, accept for the one close chance first half they weren’t overly nervous. I’d say Komonay would have been off if he played for the away team at any top club, but he played for the Home one and experience as a small club fan tells me, that’s not getting a Home player sent off in the majority of games.

Question for you Tash, what’s your thoughts on Jesus? They said it during commentary. He seemed to have ousted Aguero as first choice early last season. Has Aguero improved his overall game (pressing etc) and changed Peps mind or has Jesus just fallen away a little?

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is that an issue? It was home fans trying to mentally upset the away team. I suspect players zone that type of thing out but it makes fans feel better. A big noise at a ground, whatever the noise, is better than a morgue.

Tashyboy

Visit site
🤣🤣🤣
The irony of posting that prior to a pic of a Liverpool fan lamenting a close shot......
Re the game, I think the midfield trio was too defensive and Lovren wasn’t quite able to preform to his self renowned ability.....

Man City were the better team, accept for the one close chance first half they weren’t overly nervous. I’d say Komonay would have been off if he played for the away team at any top club, but he played for the Home one and experience as a small club fan tells me, that’s not getting a Home player sent off in the majority of games.

Question for you Tash, what’s your thoughts on Jesus? They said it during commentary. He seemed to have ousted Aguero as first choice early last season. Has Aguero improved his overall game (pressing etc) and changed Peps mind or has Jesus just fallen away a little?

Something was going off/ wasnt right between sergio and Pep at the beginning of last year plus sergio said he was playing with a knee niggle. Anyway Jesus stepped in and did well. He works very hard. But it just dont happen for him. He is similar to sterling. Does a lot of work. But its that last bit of summat special. Which he does show like when he scored in last minute if last game to get 100 points. I like him.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just a quick word before I am busy for the rest of the day. Lovren is shocking. He is a weak link in an otherwise strong well balanced Liverpool team. VVD, the closest player I have seen to Vincent Kompany when he was at his best.

Kompany should have been in the stands . Yellow / red depends who the ref is ?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
After the massive debate last week over the Salah/Kane "diving" controversy, I'm surprised nobody has picked up on the shocking dive from Aquero a few seconds before he scored!!!

Threw himself to the ground in front of Lovren, referee saw it was a dive so just waved at him to get up, surely if he had seen it was a dive he should have booked him for simulation?

Never noticed before how much Aguero is in the refs ear .
Any foul on a City player he’s there telling the ref how bad it was , I hate that.
Love him as a player , but don’t know why refs put up with it.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Is that an issue? It was home fans trying to mentally upset the away team. I suspect players zone that type of thing out but it makes fans feel better. A big noise at a ground, whatever the noise, is better than a morgue.

not overly just curious of Tashys view him having commented on the Liverpool fans. personally not a huge fan of it, rather fans sing/cheer their own team than hiss and boo the oppo, call me old fashioned

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Never noticed before how much Aguero is in the refs ear .
Any foul on a City player he’s there telling the ref how bad it was , I hate that.
Love him as a player , but don’t know why refs put up with it.
Hold on you failed to mention Henderson in that sentence.
Some Liverpool supporters eh,so blinkered.

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He gets the man with his leading foot and only got the ball with his trailing leg.
He’s off the ground ,studs showing, and goes right through.
This is a text book red according to refs this year except this one

Not just this one, he did exactly the same to a Saints player last week and got away with yellow then too

D

Deleted member 18121

Hold on you failed to mention Henderson in that sentence.
Some Liverpool supporters eh,so blinkered.

Captain's are given more leeway to speak to the ref, maybe that's why he seems that way.