And, we’re off.......2018/2019

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just had a look on Google to see how my boy could become a mascot at Liverpool. To apply for my boy to be a mascot I would need to purchase a "Mighty Red Membership" and mascots are then chosen at random from the "current list of Mighty Red Members". Without registering I can't find out what the cost of becoming a member would be but it's interesting to look at some figures.

At my club I could pay £240 and that would guarantee that my boy was a mascot for a day.

At Liverpool I would have to become at "Mighty Red member" to have any chance of my boy becoming a mascot. With Liverpool being a much bigger club I don't think it's unreasonable to think that they might have 1000 "Mighty Red" Members.

If Liverpool have an average of three mascots per week then that is 57 per year based on 19 home games, chosen from those that are members. Therefore as a Liverpool "Mighty Red member" you would get chosen to be a mascot once every 18 seasons (based on my guess of only having 1000 members). That means that if there are 1000 members then unless the membership cost is less than £13 per year it's more economical to pay the £240 at Colchester than to be a mighty red member at Liverpool.
I really don’t know the costs.
But noticed City tonight every player had a mascot. This happens at most PL clubs.
So odds may differ.
I wasn’t having a go at your club , my original post might have been worded better .
But stand by £240 for a ordinary working man/ woman is to much for a mascot.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Just had a look on Google to see how my boy could become a mascot at Liverpool. To apply for my boy to be a mascot I would need to purchase a "Mighty Red Membership" and mascots are then chosen at random from the "current list of Mighty Red Members". Without registering I can't find out what the cost of becoming a member would be but it's interesting to look at some figures.

At my club I could pay £240 and that would guarantee that my boy was a mascot for a day.

At Liverpool I would have to become at "Mighty Red member" to have any chance of my boy becoming a mascot. With Liverpool being a much bigger club I don't think it's unreasonable to think that they might have 1000 "Mighty Red" Members.

If Liverpool have an average of three mascots per week then that is 57 per year based on 19 home games, chosen from those that are members. Therefore as a Liverpool "Mighty Red member" you would get chosen to be a mascot once every 18 seasons (based on my guess of only having 1000 members). That means that if there are 1000 members then unless the membership cost is less than £13 per year it's more economical to pay the £240 at Colchester than to be a mighty red member at Liverpool.

It costs £21

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/membership/junior

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Cheers for that info, but is a "Little Liver" member different to a "Mighty Red Member" as that one seems to be aimed at younger kids (0-3) rather than mascot aged kids (5+?)? I'm not looking to have a go at Liverpool (or any other club that runs a similar scheme), just interested in what the costs are.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Cheers for that info, but is a "Little Liver" member different to a "Mighty Red Member" as that one seems to be aimed at younger kids (0-3) rather than mascot aged kids (5+?)? I'm not looking to have a go at Liverpool (or any other club that runs a similar scheme), just interested in what the costs are.
Clicking on the more info, it would suggest that they get less perks and can’t be mascots. Which at that age is to be expected.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I really don’t know the costs.
But noticed City tonight every player had a mascot. This happens at most PL clubs.
So odds may differ.
I wasn’t having a go at your club , my original post might have been worded better .
But stand by £240 for a ordinary working man/ woman is to much for a mascot.

City had 17 mascots counted um. Some looked like they we're just outta nappies.

Tashyboy

Visit site
Anyway ave just got back. Wow what a night.

First things first. What was that midfield Klopp picked for Liverpool. Don't get me wrong. Henderson is England midfielder, and Milner is supposed to be on fire. But there was deffo better on the bench.
Thought Liverpool looked very nervous, it seemed to rub off on there fans aswell. Listening to the Liverpool fans on the radio coming home and they seem to have a bit of the " squeaky bum time. Whilst talking of the Liverpool fans. They seemed to be quiet, very quiet.
Anyway, thought Fernadinho and Bernado Silva were immense, cannot think of a player who underperformed for City.
Not really seen the Kompany challenge on the box, during the game it look no different than the Loveran challenge on Aguero. I know Klopps had his say, but it seems to me a Bit of a smokescreen from his team selection.

Hope the neutrals enjoyed.

Tashyboy

Visit site

It sounds very similar to the City deal, being a junior member at City (and probably others) you get other benefits like 10% off in the club shop.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I wasn't able to watch the game unfortunately, but that was the best result for the Premier League. Now we'll have a proper title race on our hands (and hand on heart, I can't really see Spurs as part of that).

One thing to point out is that City have De Bruyne, the best attacking midfielder in the league, missing for basically all season, and now he's ready to come back in and do some damage. Liverpool can't afford to drop many points now.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Really enjoyed the game last night thought the atmosphere was excellent.

Thought Kompanys challenge was a yellow but easily could have been given as a red,different ref.

The game was lost in midfield I really just don’t rate Henderson he adds nothing going forward.

I still think it’s Liverpool’s title they will be very tough to beat at home for the rest of the season.

I know people think the City keeper had a poor game but he actually made the best save of the match from Salah.

Though Klopp could and probably should have made changes earlier but he’s done a great job so far.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I wasn't able to watch the game unfortunately, but that was the best result for the Premier League. Now we'll have a proper title race on our hands (and hand on heart, I can't really see Spurs as part of that).

One thing to point out is that City have De Bruyne, the best attacking midfielder in the league, missing for basically all season, and now he's ready to come back in and do some damage. Liverpool can't afford to drop many points now.

Spurs are definitely out of it, we've lost too many games.

Big_G

Assistant Pro
Visit site
After the massive debate last week over the Salah/Kane "diving" controversy, I'm surprised nobody has picked up on the shocking dive from Aquero a few seconds before he scored!!!

Threw himself to the ground in front of Lovren, referee saw it was a dive so just waved at him to get up, surely if he had seen it was a dive he should have booked him for simulation?

Tashyboy

Visit site
After the massive debate last week over the Salah/Kane "diving" controversy, I'm surprised nobody has picked up on the shocking dive from Aquero a few seconds before he scored!!!

Threw himself to the ground in front of Lovren, referee saw it was a dive so just waved at him to get up, surely if he had seen it was a dive he should have booked him for simulation?

Tashyboy

Visit site
Just a quick word before I am busy for the rest of the day. Lovren is shocking. He is a weak link in an otherwise strong well balanced Liverpool team. VVD, the closest player I have seen to Vincent Kompany when he was at his best.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just a quick word before I am busy for the rest of the day. Lovren is shocking. He is a weak link in an otherwise strong well balanced Liverpool team. VVD, the closest player I have seen to Vincent Kompany when he was at his best.
Don’t worry, when Gomez is fit again Lovren will be back in his best position, warming the bench.

D

Deleted member 18121

Hard to disagree with anything thats been expressed this morning.

We lost the game in the midfield, IMO henderson, Gini, Milner should never been the midfield trio....too negative, real lack of creativity and out fought by Fernandinho and B Silva.

Agree that Lovren is a weak link against good sides.

I dont think the ref had a "shocker" but he did bottle the big decisions, also let a lot of things go that he should have done something about (the aguero dive, the persistant fouls from B Silva and Fernandinho, the pep strop etc), probably not to ruin the game in his own mind.....do I think these things would have had a material effect on the game? probably not, Man City were better than us on the night.

But all in all it was a game of fine margins, Mane hits post and it comes back to then be 11mm away from crossing the line.....then Sane hits inside of post to bounce back across the line and in. I see there is quite a lot of "proof" that the ball DID cross the line via various media outlets this morning.....I'd like not to even entertain that as an idea as I dont want to believe a game is corruptible like that.

The next 4 games for Liverpool, Man City and Spurs will say a huge deal about eaches title credentials - looking at the fixture lists I think it will have been virtually decided by the end of March.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site

Be careful if googling "Mighty red member" - Just a tip.:eek: