And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 15344

Well that was a hell of a game - fine margins throughout the night , we just didn’t seem very slick tonight and Citys backline were to be got at - going to be a hell of second half of the season

Shame the ref bottled it and had a shocker

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
Sorry but I think that’s to much to be a mascot anywhere not just there.
To be a mascot should be free, but I think he was pointing out that your argument that it was a cause for low attendances was a red herring. Which imo is true. Nobody supports or goes to games based on mascot costs.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Good, feisty Premier League game that. City were excellent, their pressing throughout the game was so impressive, going to be some sore legs tomorrow - especially Bernardo Silva who worked his socks off. Fernandinho back in the City side and had a superb game and then two superb finishes from the City forwards. Fabinho coming on definitely helped Liverpool in the 2nd half but didn't have enough answers to City's counter-press, and City managed to keep the front 3 very quiet. Deserved 3 points for them and opens the title race back wide open. Hope we get a good, close title race this year!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I said after the Arsenal game we gave the ball away to easy.
We did it again tonight and were punished.
No finesse in midfield until Fabiaho came on .
Robertson had so much of the ball but ended up playing square or backwards.
Just don’t think we had much luck.
But City deserved to win they looked more up for it.

Ref had a shocker. Any other manager would be sitting in the stands next to Kompany!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
To be a mascot should be free, but I think he was pointing out that your argument that it was a cause for low attendances was a red herring. Which imo is true. Nobody supports or goes to games based on mascot costs.

It wasn’t , the fans of the future don’t turn up if the parents can’t afford it

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ref. I thought he did well. Kompany could have been sent off, but wasn’t, hardly in the shocker category.

Fernandinho was MoM with Bernie Silva close behind. Pool just didn’t do enough.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ref. I thought he did well. Kompany could have been sent off, but wasn’t, hardly in the shocker category.

Fernandinho was MoM with Bernie Silva close behind. Pool just didn’t do enough.
Kompany just said in his interview “he would be through on goal if I missed the tackle”
So that’s a red.

Agree with second bit ,

D

Deleted member 15344

Have to say - Andy Robertson , what a player , best left back in the league and a bargain at £8mil - is there a better left back in Europe ? Alaba maybe ?

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Personally I would rather they charge for mascots and allow kids to watch the games free of charge rather than have mascots free but charge for kids tickets. In an ideal world both would be free but if it comes down to a choice then that would be mine. I think geography plays a big part in our low attendances. With much bigger clubs than us only a short drive away many people will be going to see Ipswich or West Ham and some will be going to Norwich, Spurs and Arsenal.

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Not brave enough, only had a good 10 minutes of playing football, although a few things could have bounced our way in the box in the last 15 mins. Too many of our players didnt turn up. 3 world class goals.

Fine margins made the big difference overall, we hit the post and bounced out, theirs went in, although we were due some bad luck.

Kompany should have been red, but I thought B Silva did foul after foul all day, and was only punished at the end.

However, City run the game in terms of better football and possession, chances were more even, though.

D

Deleted member 18588

Well that was a hell of a game - fine margins throughout the night , we just didn’t seem very slick tonight and Citys backline were to be got at - going to be a hell of second half of the season

Shame the ref bottled it and had a shocker

Man City's defence was not there "to be got at" tonight.

And the ref did not have a shocker.

For every Fernandinho foul there was one from Liverpool.

Very good game and a close but fair result.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site

He’s right about City’s defence. Stones was like Bambi on ice a few times, Kompany is nearly done and has become rash in his decision making and Laporte looked what he was; out of position.

Klopp messed up massively by not changing things earlier because Firmino was doing nothing and Salah was too isolated.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Personally I would rather they charge for mascots and allow kids to watch the games free of charge rather than have mascots free but charge for kids tickets. In an ideal world both would be free but if it comes down to a choice then that would be mine. I think geography plays a big part in our low attendances. With much bigger clubs than us only a short drive away many people will be going to see Ipswich or West Ham and some will be going to Norwich, Spurs and Arsenal.
Yes possibly .
But if the kids are mascots they are fans for life ,but imo that’s to much.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Have to say - Andy Robertson , what a player , best left back in the league and a bargain at £8mil - is there a better left back in Europe ? Alaba maybe ?

He's good, but would I wouldn't pick him for my team ahead of Marcelo, Alex Sandro and David Alaba, and could probably add Filipe Luis and maybe even Alonso and Mendy ahead of him at this point. Oh, and Lucas Digne obviously ;)

D

Deleted member 15344

City played three CB’s with one at Left back and one CB who was short on match practise , Stones all over the place - so yes they were a back line that our front three could have got at ( plus GK all over the place )

The ref should have given a red card to Kompany , Fernandinho should have been yellow carded within mins , the same with Silva ( B ) - then should have sent the manager to the stands - yes he bottled it

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site
He gets the man with his leading foot and only got the ball with his trailing leg.
He’s off the ground ,studs showing, and goes right through.
This is a text book red according to refs this year except this one

No, Doucouré should have been sent off last night. Gosling too maybe in the same game. VVD did a similar, but worse, tackle in a Champions League game and only got a yellow. Plenty of tackles could have been a red this season.