And, we’re off.......2018/2019

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He’s right about City’s defence. Stones was like Bambi on ice a few times, Kompany is nearly done and has become rash in his decision making and Laporte looked what he was; out of position.

Klopp messed up massively by not changing things earlier because Firmino was doing nothing and Salah was too isolated.

I think we had to many midfield players that don’t play forward quickly enough.
Fabinho changed the game.
City were the better team and took their chances well.

I thought Mane played ok and wasn’t the worst of the front three but always get subbed first, and by the way he didn’t look happy with Klopp when he came off.

We didn’t get at them enough first half ,

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No, Doucouré should have been sent off last night. Gosling too maybe in the same game. VVD did a similar, but worse, tackle in a Champions League game and only got a yellow. Plenty of tackles could have been a red this season.
Yes agree with most of them and Kompany as well.
Watch the reaction of Stones when the ref blows the whistle.
He thinks he’s going after he put him in trouble.
Not VVD obviously as I am a fan

TheDiablo

Challenge Tour Pro
Banned
Visit site
Enjoyed the game tonight, thought City deserved the win as they dominated the midfield. Bilva and Fernandinho were exceptional, whereas Liverpools were poor and couldn't get it to the front 3 quick enough to test the defence enough. As a result Salah especially was far too isolated.

Kompany definitely lucky to stay on the pitch and that would obviously have changed the game. Other than that thought the officials were spot on, but unfortunately for them that was the biggest decision.

If I was playing City on the rare times you get the ball I'd bombard the box with crosses, Ederson looked awful in the air.

Liverpools full backs are exceptional, best combination in the league by a mile, but they need to improve in midfield in big games and Lovren is a liability as back up.

D

Deleted member 18588

City played three CB’s with one at Left back and one CB who was short on match practise , Stones all over the place - so yes they were a back line that our front three could have got at ( plus GK all over the place )

The ref should have given a red card to Kompany , Fernandinho should have been yellow carded within mins , the same with Silva ( B ) - then should have sent the manager to the stands - yes he bottled it

Grow up. There were decisions that went Liverpool's way as well. Firmino on Fernandinho nearly led to a goal.

And to say Stones was all over the place is rubbish. How could you tell?

He was never really tested.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yes possibly .
But if the kids are mascots they are fans for life ,but imo that’s to much.

You might be right at the bigger clubs but when you're talking about clubs at our level I'm not sure. I can see how being there on a match day at Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea etc and walking out with the players as a mascot might make that true but I don't think for Colchester, Swindon, Exeter etc that it's the same.

You might think that it's too much to be a mascot, but again I have to ask what are the annual costs involved to be a junior member of a club that selects its "free" mascots from those members? And depending on how many members there are then what are the chances of being selected to be a mascot?

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
If Stones was all over the place, what about Lovren? He did not have a good game.

Also struggling to understand the thought process behind Milner ahead of Fabinho. Looked a different side after he came on.

Ederson is the benefactor of playing in a team which has a lot of possession and is well structured defensively so he doesn't get tested as much as other sides, however he is very prone to making mistakes. He made a few tonight but got away with them, the result could easily have gone the other way on another night. Crazy that before the game he was being talked up as one of the top 2 keepers in the world, maybe breaks the top 5 for me at best and is certainly behind Courtois, Oblak and De Gea.

D

Deleted member 15344

Grow up. There were decisions that went Liverpool's way as well. Firmino on Fernandinho nearly led to a goal.

And to say Stones was all over the place is rubbish. How could you tell?

He was never really tested.
Grow up ? What sort of response is that, embarrassing

You are trying to compare a possible foul to a clear red card ? A red card that could have easily changed the game if it was correctly given

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
It wasn’t , the fans of the future don’t turn up if the parents can’t afford it
I’ve never been a mascot, neither have any of my friends. I’d be curious how many on here’s have, and if it had any bearing on them becoming a fan.

Parents might not take kids if gate tickets cost too much, but mascot fees won’t matter.

D

Deleted member 1740

Klopp got it wrong tonight with the midfield 3. That midfield 3 of Gini,Hendo and Milner isnt good enough against the top teams, not enough quality. Gini & Fabinho need to be starting every week for me.

City deserved the 3pts just. A great finish from Aguero, though he shouldnt have had that much space to get a shot away.

Initially i thought Kompanys tackle was a great one til i saw it again, yellow was right imo.

Bounce back at Brighton next week.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I’ve never been a mascot, neither have any of my friends. I’d be curious how many on here’s have, and if it had any bearing on them becoming a fan.

Parents might not take kids if gate tickets cost too much, but mascot fees won’t matter.
At that price I disagree.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
I fully accept it costs too much. My argument is simply that I seriously doubt ANY parent had ever looked at the costs for a child to be a mascot prior to taking them to a game as a fan. So whilst it may well be a reason for a child missing out on being a mascot, it would never be a reason for a parent to not let a child support that team.

D

Deleted member 18588

Grow up ? What sort of response is that, embarrassing

You are trying to compare a possible foul to a clear red card ? A red card that could have easily changed the game if it was correctly given

Grow up because you are reacting to defeat like a spoilt kid.

Your team have been magnificent all season and may well go on to win the league.

However, the better team won tonight and rather than accept that with some grace you choose to blame the ref and take pathetic shots at Man City's defence.

VVD has been immense this season but looked less certain tonight, Lovren was his usual self and only Robertson of your back four performed to the high standard seen all season.

So whose back four do you choose to criticise?

D

Deleted member 15344

Grow up because you are reacting to defeat like a spoilt kid.

Your team have been magnificent all season and may well go on to win the league.

However, the better team won tonight and rather than accept that with some grace you choose to blame the ref and take pathetic shots at Man City's defence.

VVD has been immense this season but looked less certain tonight, Lovren was his usual self and only Robertson of your back four preformed to the high standard seen all season.

So whose back four do you choose to criticise?

I think you need to take a step back there a bit and actually read what I have posted - quite clearly you are reacting to the poster and not what has been said

I’m not actually sure by saying it was a game of fine margins that means I’m acting like a spoilt brat

Can you show me in the post where I “blamed” the ref ?

And you really think by saying the back four could have been got it - that’s a pathetic shot ?!

I’m not sure what you think you are reading but it’s certaintly not my posts.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think you need to take a step back there a bit and actually read what I have posted - quite clearly you are reacting to the poster and not what has been said

I’m not actually sure by saying it was a game of fine margins that means I’m acting like a spoilt brat

Can you show me in the post where I “blamed” the ref ?

And you really think by saying the back four could have been got it - that’s a pathetic shot ?!

I’m not sure what you think you are reading but it’s certaintly not my posts.
I think their back four WAS there to be got at , but we just didn’t do it enough.
We sort of looked like we were playing for a draw first half, it only changed when Fabinho came on.

We give the ball away to much and against good teams will be punished.

D

Deleted member 15344

I think their back four WAS there to be got at , but we just didn’t do it enough.
We sort of looked like we were playing for a draw first half, it only changed when Fabinho came on.

We give the ball away to much and against good teams will be punished.

Yep there just wasn’t enough fluidity with the passing- balls seemed to bounce of players when they would normally stick and there were countless poor passes from the front three - Milner shouldn’t have started , way off the pace and City exposed the channel over Lovrens left.

Just got to react to it now

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Klopp got it wrong tonight with the midfield 3. That midfield 3 of Gini,Hendo and Milner isnt good enough against the top teams, not enough quality. Gini & Fabinho need to be starting every week for me.

City deserved the 3pts just. A great finish from Aguero, though he shouldnt have had that much space to get a shot away.

Initially i thought Kompanys tackle was a great one til i saw it again, yellow was right imo.

Bounce back at Brighton next week.

Your starting 3 in midfield tonight looked weak to me when I saw the line up, agree with all you say and it's good to read a assessment of the game that's not biased towards your team.(y)

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Yep there just wasn’t enough fluidity with the passing- balls seemed to bounce of players when they would normally stick and there were countless poor passes from the front three - Milner shouldn’t have started , way off the pace and City exposed the channel over Lovrens left.

Just got to react to it now
Midfield is to slow ,if we are going to play from the back we need a quarterback in CM , it’s been obvious all season.
I think Alison had more touches than anybody else.
Ref Mane coming off I thought Firmino and Salah were very poor today, but that could be good play from City.
We were unlucky but City were better.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Just had a look on Google to see how my boy could become a mascot at Liverpool. To apply for my boy to be a mascot I would need to purchase a "Mighty Red Membership" and mascots are then chosen at random from the "current list of Mighty Red Members". Without registering I can't find out what the cost of becoming a member would be but it's interesting to look at some figures.

At my club I could pay £240 and that would guarantee that my boy was a mascot for a day.

At Liverpool I would have to become at "Mighty Red member" to have any chance of my boy becoming a mascot. With Liverpool being a much bigger club I don't think it's unreasonable to think that they might have 1000 "Mighty Red" Members.

If Liverpool have an average of three mascots per week then that is 57 per year based on 19 home games, chosen from those that are members. Therefore as a Liverpool "Mighty Red member" you would get chosen to be a mascot once every 18 seasons (based on my guess of only having 1000 members). That means that if there are 1000 members then unless the membership cost is less than £13 per year it's more economical to pay the £240 at Colchester than to be a mighty red member at Liverpool.