And, we’re off.......2018/2019

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Maybe someone can enlighten me. Coz I am missing something with Liverpool or should I say Klopp.

V City that midfield of Liverpools was a shocking decision. Klopp picked that team.

Tonight a trophy that's not a priority, Fabinho is played in defence. But there not struggling for defenders, and Salah and Bobby are brought on for the last twenty minutes. Would be a bit narked with Klopp at the moment. 2–1 was kind to Liverpool.

D

Deleted member 15344

Not sure I'd agree with that Phil. Liverpool have got three more games in January, Brighton away, Palace and Leicester at home. After tonight they have three matches in the next 23 days. That's hardly a hectic schedule and none of those are really very big games. Yes they've got Bayern in the CL and Man Utd away in the PL in Feb but both of those games are still well over a month away.

Every game in the league is a big game regardless of who we are playing - the league is the number one priority and the one we really want

One minute your talking about priorities and resting players and now your after an extra game.

You really are struggling to understand aren’t you

Klopp is using the club to give players a rest and to give players who are in the squad minutes on the pitch because you cannot go through the season playing the same players week in week out. He doesn’t want to lose the match , doesn’t want to get knocked out of the Cup so will still try and win it hence bringing on two players who have had a rest.

D

Deleted member 15344

Maybe someone can enlighten me. Coz I am missing something with Liverpool or should I say Klopp.

V City that midfield of Liverpools was a shocking decision. Klopp picked that team.

Tonight a trophy that's not a priority, Fabinho is played in defence. But there not struggling for defenders, and Salah and Bobby are brought on for the last twenty minutes. Would be a bit narked with Klopp at the moment. 2–1 was kind to Liverpool.

We are struggling for CB’s - Gomez and Matip are out injured and VVD was rested as a precaution due to a minor knock which left one senior CB - Lovren who went off injured.

Not narked with Klopp at all - why would we ?

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
How tasty is that draw. Good to see that six non prem teams will be in the last 16. Oh the joys of the FA cup.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
We are struggling for CB’s - Gomez and Matip are out injured and VVD was rested as a precaution due to a minor knock which left one senior CB - Lovren who went off injured.

Not narked with Klopp at all - why would we ?
So basically only two decent CB's at the moment. With so many big games to come then that's a big problem given the way those given their chances tonight played. Whats happens if VVD goes out in the next PL game an pulls up with a hamstring? Very light in the CB position then with others injured

Old Skier

Tour Winner
Visit site
Every game in the league is a big game regardless of who we are playing - the league is the number one priority and the one we really want

You really are struggling to understand aren’t you

Klopp is using the club to give players a rest and to give players who are in the squad minutes on the pitch because you cannot go through the season playing the same players week in week out. He doesn’t want to lose the match , doesn’t want to get knocked out of the Cup so will still try and win it hence bringing on two players who have had a rest.

Like most things you post you fail to either understand or want to think about what other people post. You or I have no idea what the thought process of Klopps was, whether he thought he could win it with an under strength team or if he has little interest in domestic cup comps we will never know.

And cut out the failing to understand. One minute your having a go at people for insulting each other, and now you do exactly the same thing.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

That's nonsense, in my opinion, Phil. Huddersfield, Fulham (sorry Homer), Cardiff, Southampton or Burnley at home this season is a close to a gimme as it's possible to get in the PL for teams like Liverpool and Man City, not every game is a big game. Liverpool have less than one game per week until the end of the month. Are you suggesting that the players can't manage one game per week and need a rest?

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Like most things you post you fail to either understand or want to think about what other people post. You or I have no idea what the thought process of Klopps was, whether he thought he could win it with an under strength team or if he has little interest in domestic cup comps we will never know.

And cut out the failing to understand. One minute your having a go at people for insulting each other, and now you do exactly the same thing.

At the risk of defending Phil, which I'm sure he can do quite well on his own without my help, it's a bit rich to to accuse him of failing to understand and then complain that he has posted about someone failing to understand.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
That's nonsense, in my opinion, Phil. Huddersfield, Fulham (sorry Homer), Cardiff, Southampton or Burnley at home this season is a close to a gimme as it's possible to get in the PL for teams like Liverpool and Man City, not every game is a big game. Liverpool have less than one game per week until the end of the month. Are you suggesting that the players can't manage one game per week and need a rest?
Can't argue or defend my team (not that they can defend themselves)

D

Deleted member 15344

They have just come off a run of 9 games in 5 weeks with the players rested tonight playing every single one of them - we have got a massive 3 months now and it was perfect chance to give some of them a rest as they are going to play every game from now on.

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Looks like Wolves took the cup seriously, and put a decent team out. Looking at Liverpool's line up Klopp took a risk and it didn't pay off. decent bench but the first half gave Wolves all the confidence they needed to win the game.

At least it gives 'pool's senior players all of 50 to 70 mins rest - wow! However, as much as it gave some squad players and up and coming youngster some game time, the squad players know someone else will be back in for the next match and the youngsters get their confidence knocked.

Wolves have been underestimated by a few teams this year, and Klopp has joined that list.

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Looks like Wolves took the cup seriously, and put a decent team out. Looking at Liverpool's line up Klopp took a risk and it didn't pay off. decent bench but the first half gave Wolves all the confidence they needed to win the game.

At least it gives 'pool's senior players all of 50 to 70 mins rest - wow! However, as much as it gave some squad players and up and coming youngster some game time, the squad players know someone else will be back in for the next match and the youngsters get their confidence knocked.

Wolves have been underestimated by a few teams this year, and Klopp has joined that list.

Not sure Klopp under estimated them, I think it would have been a very similar team whoever they were playing. Just a case of not prioritising the cup.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think the team tonight seriously under preformed and Klopp will be scratching his head.

Or wasn't good enough? I didn't watch the match so that is a question rather than a statement. Are the players that Klopp brought in tonight good enough to be in a squad that wants to challenge for the PL and CL?