And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 1740

Reading a piece where Liverpool were saying part of the problem for there defeat v City was that Pep had asked for the grass to be to long. 😖

I listened to the podcast where it came from and one of the lads mentioned it, he never said it was part of the problem as such. They then went onto praising City for their performance for a good 15mins.

Typically though the red top rags have made a meal out of it. imagine being the journo who asked Pep about it, he coud've asked 100s of questions but went with that one. Embarrassing.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I was talking with the lads at work the other day about how certain players have a particular way of diving.... I said that Kanes was to put feet together, legs dead straight and then swan dive..... It's the same technique every time.
Before I say this, I will say that he has bought the penalty well, sees the keeper flying out, dinks it over him and Kepa does the rest, thank you very much.

But part of the reason he goes down in that way is to protect his ankles. If you just keep running normally, plant your foot and the keeper wipes you out then hey presto, one buggered ankle. And he has sprained or dislocated his right ankle twice before already remember. So if he knows he's about to be taken out like that incident there then of course he drags his feet a bit to protect himself.

We used to get it with Bale years ago. He always argued that when someone threw in a leg-breaker he wasn't just going to take the hit and a snapped ankle for a free kick, he would do his best to leap over it, then he hits the deck and gets done for diving. Can't win.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
VAR.
Out of interest, the game tonight has VAR, premier league at the moment does not. Do you think players are differant in there reactions to the fact they playing with or without it. What I mean is, are players knowing they are not being watched more likely to dive than say tonight's game.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I listened to the podcast where it came from and one of the lads mentioned it, he never said it was part of the problem as such. They then went onto praising City for their performance for a good 15mins.

Typically though the red top rags have made a meal out of it. imagine being the journo who asked Pep about it, he coud've asked 100s of questions but went with that one. Embarrassing.

What does me Stu, is as I have said before, sometimes you just get beat on the day. I don't mean you/ Liverpool, I mean anyone. When we beat Liverpool 2-1 I enjoyed it better than the 5-0 last year. I honestly thought we were the underdogs and we're gonna be on the end of an hiding. It felt like an old fashioned City night when A,you never knew what the result was gonna be. Or B, how many we were gonna get beat by.
Re questions to Pep, I remember ( I think it was his first year at City), they were u beaten for the first few games and a reporter asked if City could go the season unbeaten. He could be heard saying FFS.
I dream of one day asking Pep a question, I can assure you it will have sod all to do with grass.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Before I say this, I will say that he has bought the penalty well, sees the keeper flying out, dinks it over him and Kepa does the rest, thank you very much.

But part of the reason he goes down in that way is to protect his ankles. If you just keep running normally, plant your foot and the keeper wipes you out then hey presto, one buggered ankle. And he has sprained or dislocated his right ankle twice before already remember. So if he knows he's about to be taken out like that incident there then of course he drags his feet a bit to protect himself.

We used to get it with Bale years ago. He always argued that when someone threw in a leg-breaker he wasn't just going to take the hit and a snapped ankle for a free kick, he would do his best to leap over it, then he hits the deck and gets done for diving. Can't win.

There's a big difference between leaping over someone's foot and diving over it!

D

Deleted member 1740

What does me Stu, is as I have said before, sometimes you just get beat on the day. I don't mean you/ Liverpool, I mean anyone. When we beat Liverpool 2-1 I enjoyed it better than the 5-0 last year. I honestly thought we were the underdogs and we're gonna be on the end of an hiding. It felt like an old fashioned City night when A,you never knew what the result was gonna be. Or B, how many we were gonna get beat by.
Re questions to Pep, I remember ( I think it was his first year at City), they were u beaten for the first few games and a reporter asked if City could go the season unbeaten. He could be heard saying FFS.
I dream of one day asking Pep a question, I can assure you it will have sod all to do with grass.

I think most football fans would agree it was A great game of togger by two closely matched teams trying to win fairly.

The problem we have is as soon as someone posts an opinion on social media, its taken as gospel.

It was 5 days ago and the media are still asking questions about the game, its madness.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
There's a big difference between leaping over someone's foot and diving over it!
Well, to join the dots of what I was saying a bit better - Bale leapt over an awful challenge to save his ankles and gets done for diving. Kane's answer is to drag his feet, still protects himself but actually gets the decision as well.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well, I dunno how much a 1-0 will be worth at the Bridge, but since we were by far the poorer side tonight I'll take it!

Yea we were second best tonight but ground out a win, puzzles me why the Chelsea player was disputing the penalty decision with the ref.

D

Deleted member 1740

Why? For one thing it would stop some on here constantly saying "refs had a shocker"

But I would say they are trying to make the offside rule even more complicated.

Yeah great, let’s spend millions on software just so no one on the GM forum moans about the ref 😉

Have you just seen the picture of the offside on Chelsea’s anlaysis laptop?

Standing round waiting for decision takes the pace off the game, it happened again tonight.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Yeah great, let’s spend millions on software just so no one on the GM forum moans about the ref 😉

Have you just seen the picture of the offside on Chelsea’s anlaysis laptop?

Standing round waiting for decision takes the pace off the game, it happened again tonight.

No haven't seen any pictures on Chelsea's laptop no idea where I would see that is it any different to the var decision?

In due course the decisions will speed up, Kane's spell on the ground was far better at taking the pace off the game ;)

D

Deleted member 1740

No haven't seen any pictures on Chelsea's laptop no idea where I would see that is it any different to the var decision?

In due course the decisions will speed up, Kane's spell on the ground was far better at taking the pace off the game ;)

Massively different. The angle that VAR uses isn’t accurate

I can’t see how decision making will speed up.

Last edited by a moderator:

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

To me it looks as though one still is taken a frame or two later than the other still and that would account for Kane moving from onside to offside. It's difficult to tell as they are at different angles but in the two images it looks as though one image is the point that the Spurs' players foot contacts the ball and the other the ball has already started it's forward trajectory. I'm assuming that the original one is the correct image to use as that is the point that the pass it made....

Attachments

• Var1.jpg
    Var1.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 12
  • Var2.jpg
    Var2.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 12
D

Deleted member 1418

Doesn't really matter now does it? VAR awarded the pen, Spurs scored it, game finished 1-0, hopefully the Blues will get the result we deserved tonight. Oh for a goalscorer!

D

Deleted member 1740

Doesn't really matter now does it? VAR awarded the pen, Spurs scored it, game finished 1-0, hopefully the Blues will get the result we deserved tonight. Oh for a goalscorer!

Right now it doesn’t, but I don’t want our whole game being ruined with the introduction of an inaccurate VAR.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Right now it doesn’t, but I don’t want our whole game being ruined with the introduction of an inaccurate VAR.

Depends what frame you want to believe I suppose.

I was under the impression var was going to be foolproof ,but is it really going to arguing that the ref was wrong to arguing var decision is wrong.

Something else my son told me tonight is that you can't be offside by any part of your body that can't score a goal , don't know if that's right or not.

Seems like they have made what used to be a simple rule into something far to complicated.