And, we’re off.......2018/2019

D

Deleted member 1418

Never understood why "fans" do this to an opposing stadium.

Ours did at at OT a few times, and I think Celtic did it at Rangers, which is one of the reasons that the allocations started getting reduced, I think.

Knobhead behaviour.

Well to be fair the new Spurs ground is the only place worth trashing in that area! Anyone 'trashing' anything around that area are actually making some improvements!! Took my Spurs supporting Aussie cousin to the Spurs shop when he was over last January (I refused to go in and stood outside) and he took one look at the surrounding area and said "Jeez mate; what an 'effing' s***hole"!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Well looking at the VAR pictures it seems a complete mess tbh - the system is supposed to used when it’s clear and obvious well looking at that there is no way it’s clear and obvious , the angle looked all wrong and it wasn’t in line with the linesman, yet the Chelsea picture was more in line with the play and he looked offside. And good old Kane with the salmon leap , the GK shouldn’t be red carded - double jeopardy

Surely if it was clear and obvious the ref and linesman wouldn’t have needed var.
Least Kane got hit unlike Salah who dived when hardly touched.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
If it is March, then the first game could be Arsenal. After the way Spurs fans trashed the Emirates when it opened, the game after this one could be months after. Probably best to leavebit a bit, then West Ham can trash it.

I never knew the spurs fans redecorated the Emirates 😳

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Well to be fair the new Spurs ground is the only place worth trashing in that area! Anyone 'trashing' anything around that area are actually making some improvements!! Took my Spurs supporting Aussie cousin to the Spurs shop when he was over last January (I refused to go in and stood outside) and he took one look at the surrounding area and said "Jeez mate; what an 'effing' s***hole"!!!! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Yes, it's not the most pleasant of places. Sadly not reflected in
the property prices.

Jensen

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Spurs are now saying March for the new stadium at the earliest. Surely the league at this stage say they have to remain at Wembley for the whole season. This is more than a stop gap and to be fair to all teams playing them away they should stay at Wembley. I was more sympathetic at the beginning but we have gone past that now.

This could all be academic of course, March at the earliest may mean June anyway.

No doubt a nice penalty for late completion was negotiated by Mr Levy.
That will go someway to reduce the price.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Well looking at the VAR pictures it seems a complete mess tbh - the system is supposed to used when it’s clear and obvious well looking at that there is no way it’s clear and obvious , the angle looked all wrong and it wasn’t in line with the linesman, yet the Chelsea picture was more in line with the play and he looked offside. And good old Kane with the salmon leap , the GK shouldn’t be red carded - double jeopardy

The Chelsea picture is not that clear you would have to have a clear close up the moment it left his foot, I would doubt anyone could say for sure looking at those pictures

D

Deleted member 15344

The Chelsea picture is not that clear you would have to have a clear close up the moment it left his foot, I would doubt anyone could say for sure looking at those pictures

What the Chelsea picture shows is that there is enough doubt there to show that VAR is not foolproof and last night was a complete farce in the use of it.

The angle the ref used wasn’t in line with the play - the linesman was and he flagged for offside and the picture that Chelsea have shows there is a very good chance that Kane could have been offside - doubt there , should have stuck with the linesman’s call and offside but then VAR shouldn’t be used for offsides I believe.

Also the players reacted to the linesman putting his flag up as well.

And then there is Kane’s salmon dive - pretty poor

Have a feeling if it was a Chelsea player then the thinking would be different from yourself

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
What the Chelsea picture shows is that there is enough doubt there to show that VAR is not foolproof and last night was a complete farce in the use of it.

The angle the ref used wasn’t in line with the play - the linesman was and he flagged for offside and the picture that Chelsea have shows there is a very good chance that Kane could have been offside - doubt there , should have stuck with the linesman’s call and offside but then VAR shouldn’t be used for offsides I believe.

Have a feeling if it was a Chelsea player then the thinking would be different from yourself

I haven't seen the video, but according to the BBC live text last night the linesman didn't flag for offside. Was that wrong?

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
I haven't seen the video, but according to the BBC live text last night the linesman didn't flag for offside. Was that wrong?

IIRC the live commentary said the linesman has to put up his flag when the ref goes to VAR, I think they also said he hadn't been flagging for offside but I can't be 100% sure. The fact they checked for offside first was purely procedure if what tv said was correct. I thought the ref was a bit weak when challenged by the Chelsea players, he should have flashed a yellow once they persisted in remonstrating with him.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site

It’s pointless moaning about players diving I’ve criticized our players in the past for diving.

All teams have players that dive including yours it’s part of the game now.

D

Deleted member 1740

Its mad that city Alledgedly used to get 40,000 fans every week in Division 1 yet they cant fill their stadium for a semi final🤔

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Saddest thing is when the Burton players walk off knowing they have to play this lot again in two weeks! Still, I imagine that will largely be the youth team for City.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
As daft as it seems, when we were 1-0 I thought we were rubbish, worst I had seen us play this year. Burton manager dropped a Major one by going to a flat back four in the second half. Mistake of Klopp proportions 😁

That aside had a nice hours natter on FB about Jake Buxton who played Centre Half for Burton. Knew him when he first started out at the mighty Stags. Knew his dad better through me mining career.